Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does this make sense? [SUGGESTION]

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Alright, so almost a month ago I bought by third batch of $60 worth of crowns throughout my 8 year time with wizard101 (2009-2017) giving me 180,000 crowns which is worth 180$. I also bought a one year membership which ended last November.

Seeing as I am a very long veteran, and I am very dedicated with my money on here, I am still as confused why:

1. I can't post on the message boards after 30 days from buying my crowns

2. After 30 days of buying my crowns, I will then see a "Upgrade"! thing at the top to buy a membership. As since I have got more crowns to buy every single area in the game, there is no need to buy membership therefor it's just a nuisance.

3. Everytime I close the game I have the Wizard101 website pop up

I think if you've spent a set amount of money you should have access to message boards permanently, like buying an area in game. Also, having the website pop up just makes no sense when you're 100% NOT going to buy a membership! I've already spent so much money on crowns I don't think it's necessary to continue shoving it down my throat.

I hope you understand and hopefully make some changes.

Hunter LifeBreeze 120
Hunter StormBreeze 57

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
MalvinHawkRunner on Jan 30, 2017 wrote:
Alright, so almost a month ago I bought by third batch of $60 worth of crowns throughout my 8 year time with wizard101 (2009-2017) giving me 180,000 crowns which is worth 180$. I also bought a one year membership which ended last November.

Seeing as I am a very long veteran, and I am very dedicated with my money on here, I am still as confused why:

2. After 30 days of buying my crowns, I will then see a "Upgrade"! thing at the top to buy a membership. As since I have got more crowns to buy every single area in the game, there is no need to buy membership therefor it's just a nuisance.

I think if you've spent a set amount of money you should have access to message boards permanently, like buying an area in game. Also, having the website pop up just makes no sense when you're 100% NOT going to buy a membership! I've already spent so much money on crowns I don't think it's necessary to continue shoving it down my throat.

Hunter LifeBreeze 120
Hunter StormBreeze 57
It has always been this way. The requirement of a membership or purchase of $10 worth of crowns each month gives you access to post on the message boards.

KI has no way of knowing you are 100% not going to buy a membership so the site will work as it was designed to work.
This isn't something that KI is going to change anytime soon if ever. You are not the only one that sees the same popups or has "Upgrade" at the top of their screen.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
MalvinHawkRunner on Jan 30, 2017 wrote:

Hunter LifeBreeze 120
Hunter StormBreeze 57
I agree, it would be nice to shut the pop up off, but that's KI's way to try and encourage people to buy memberships.

As for the message boards, I think part of the rationale may be that if you don't have an active membership and you haven't bought Crowns within that month time period, there's a chance you're not playing or aren't invested in the game. However, like you, I have a Crowns account that has purchased all areas (except for Mirage), and that's one issue where I agree with you where their current criteria for forum participation could use something tweaking.

I don't think they will make any changes though. They need to do things to encourage people to buy memberships. From a business point of view, I understand their position and why they do these things. I think what they're doing is fair.