Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let's Talk About Fire

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 02, 2009
The op level of fire at the meta is getting ridiculous. We get it, KI, they're your favorite, but things are beginning to get out of hand.

Their new max gear from the Sands of Time does a notable amount of damage more than Storm. But storm is supposed to be the hitters. I have a max Ice, Storm, and a Myth, and I couldn't be less pleased (just my luck, using the three schools KI gave up on in terms of PvE).

Some kind of overhaul needs to be done. Myth is becoming nonexistent- because we're becoming so dang useless. Give us a POWERFUL minion for once, if that's supposed to be our buff. Give Ice more resist than the other schools, and up the pierce if you want- just make us actually last longer than the rest. Help Storm get back to its Glass Cannon status, instead of doing less damage than Fire with far less health.

And for the love of the Spiral, please, please, please stop Fire's burning away every other school in the game.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
rtdv on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
The op level of fire at the meta is getting ridiculous. We get it, KI, they're your favorite, but things are beginning to get out of hand.

Their new max gear from the Sands of Time does a notable amount of damage more than Storm. But storm is supposed to be the hitters. I have a max Ice, Storm, and a Myth, and I couldn't be less pleased (just my luck, using the three schools KI gave up on in terms of PvE).

Some kind of overhaul needs to be done. Myth is becoming nonexistent- because we're becoming so dang useless. Give us a POWERFUL minion for once, if that's supposed to be our buff. Give Ice more resist than the other schools, and up the pierce if you want- just make us actually last longer than the rest. Help Storm get back to its Glass Cannon status, instead of doing less damage than Fire with far less health.

And for the love of the Spiral, please, please, please stop Fire's burning away every other school in the game.
I wouldn't say Storms are supposed to be the hitters... even though they usually get gear with high damage doesn't mean that they're "supposed" to hit. Any school wizard can be the hitter if he/she wants to. Fire really isn't burning away the other schools, but compliments for the pun. Every school has its advantages. And, honestly speaking, for Celestia -> Krysalis, in my opinion, it seemed like Storms were favored over Fires.

I do agree that Myth needs a few changes, but how reliable would a minion be in high levels for dungeoning/other end-game battles? I'd say it would be better to give a boost to some other stat for Myth wizards. Even other utility spells (different from stuns) that wizards would prefer casting would make Myths better off (ie. not something like dimension shift).