Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ghulture's Hoard Pack - Average Mount Drop Rate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
Ok, so I have just spent roughly 110k Crowns (give or take 5k) on the Ghulture's Hoard Pack.

At the time of writing this the Pack-a-Palooza event is on, meaning all Hoard Packs are 199 Crowns.

I have gathered some data that can determine roughly the average drop rate of the Ghulture Mounts (Not school specific but we'll get into that later) which may help you determine if they are really worth it.

First off, 110k Crowns of Packs is about 560 Packs total. In these packs I received 12 Ghulture's all up. This averages out to be 1 Ghulture every 47 Packs. This means that for every 1 Ghulture you're receiving you have spent maybe 9,353 Crowns.
9k Crowns for a Perm Mount that give +3% Damage to your school of choice is actually not a bad deal in my opinion, however you don't choose what School Mount you receive so it's more of a 9k Crown "Lucky Dip"...

Now onto the school specific mounts.
Of the 12 mounts I received I got:
2x
1x
4x
2x
1x
2x
0x

Being a Storm Wizard this was, and still is, very frustrating...

I'm not too certain if Death may be more popular than Storm overall or I was just unlucky, and I am still not certain if I was lucky/unlucky with how may Mounts I got in total...
(I also have an image to prove I have the 12 Ghulture's but unsure how to upload it)

Let me know if you got ant results similar :)

- Luke ThunderDust.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I purchased roughly 50 packs and received (on first day of pack release) -

1 Myth mount
1 Fire mount
1 Balance mount
1 Storm mount

And I was trying for the death mount

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I got the death mount after spending less than 3k crowns when the pack originally came out. I want to point out that unless you get a large number of other players doing what you just did, there is no way to get an accurate drop rate because you won't have enough data.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
Heuna on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
I got the death mount after spending less than 3k crowns when the pack originally came out. I want to point out that unless you get a large number of other players doing what you just did, there is no way to get an accurate drop rate because you won't have enough data.
This is true, so unless others start posting their results also we won't know for sure. Although, about 560 packs to begin with isn't a bad start :P

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Well you could get lucky.

Each time I got a mount it was on my first try.

The problem is that in between I tried a lot more.

If you're counting wizards, that is. Not counting accounts.
I did get a mount on the first pack I bought. Problem is I kept going :p

But just shows it is possible to buy one and win a mount.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
I spent probably around 50k crowns and received two ice ghultures. I don't have an ice but i guess I might have to make one now.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
I spend around 2k crowns the day the pack came out and got the Balance and Death mounts, which I'm happy with because I am balance.