Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any hope for texture improvements?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Wizard 101 is a great game and I really enjoy playing it but it is in desperate need of a graphical update. It doesn't need any major changes but please KingsIsle give us some better textures. The low and high texture detail settings change very little. Even on the highest settings the terrain and most items are still a blurry mess. Keep the lower settings for wizards with weaker computers but add something like a ultra texture setting for the computers that can handle it. I understand this would be a very time consuming task but its would be a huge improvement to the quality of the game. So do you think there is any possibility of this happening?

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
KI, this would be a great way to bring players back into W101. Retexturing gear (namely the insignia gear since many people love the style for stitching) would be a great improvement.

Not only would the game benefit from retexturing but also from new character models. Even using the character models from P101 would be a great graphics improvement for the game.

I realize that the graphics improve naturally along with the release of each new world, yet one thing that hasn't changed at all would be said character models. I think making our characters to appear more "aged" would be of benefit since many adults play W101 and would favor older-looking characters. It's kind of like having the game "age" with you in a way, being that many players who began pre-2010 are adults now.

This is just a thought. I realize that it is very important to KI for many computers to run W101, but having an "Ultra" settings option that would bring forth better textures/models to the game would be a way so people with better graphics cards can enjoy the game to its full potential.

CH

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I agree completely. I would also like seeing more options for when we create a new wizard. Like new hair, faces and so on. I would also like a change in the clothes we first start of with. I'm just bored of it. I want them to make a change. I would also like seeing more design gear, they are so many missing pieces of design gear from different sets like for example the elegant set, or the jesters set.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Mirajane7887 on Jan 29, 2017 wrote:
I agree completely. I would also like seeing more options for when we create a new wizard. Like new hair, faces and so on. I would also like a change in the clothes we first start of with. I'm just bored of it. I want them to make a change. I would also like seeing more design gear, they are so many missing pieces of design gear from different sets like for example the elegant set, or the jesters set.
I completely agree with the design gear. We desperately need more design/school insignia gear since it's the first thing people choose when wanting to stitch their gear AND it's arguably some of the best-looking gear in the game, however old it may be. New insignia gear is a must (with complete sets, please!).

CH