Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unbalanced Gear

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
I find it strange that the level 30 senators and zeus gear is better than the level 50 malistaire gear.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Note that Malistare's level 50 gear (gotta be specific now) came out almost six years ago, if not, more.

Senator's rather new.

So, with that fact said, it's not too weird at all.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Star Edward on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
Note that Malistare's level 50 gear (gotta be specific now) came out almost six years ago, if not, more.

Senator's rather new.

So, with that fact said, it's not too weird at all.

I did say malistaires level 50 gear and i guess you right but its still odd that they made level 30 gear that is so much better than gear 20 levels later.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Malestaire 50 gear was end-game content in 2009. It was designed when the game was much simpler and stats were restricted to one's individual school. After that, Celestia and Wintertusk were released in late 2010, followed by the Waterworks in 2011, the Aquila dungeons in 2013, and the Four dungeons in late 2014.

With the release of Celestia and Wintertusk, new strategies like Critical were available and with Waterworks gear, universal accuracy/resists became available to all schools. The offensive possibilities and gear stats become more complex starting over level 50, but then that started causing problems within PVP.

Basically, people under level 55 had a severe disadvantage.

The level 30 Zeus gear and then the Four Dungeons (one at level 25, the other at level 40) were released to help compensate and give lower levels access to superior gear. I think it was originally meant to entertain 'hard core' folks in between updates while helping balance PVP rankings again but of course, the not-so-hard-core PVE community also found this new gear to be tremendously helpful.

So basically what you're seeing is game evolution: the Malestaire gear is a throw-back to the earliest years when things were simple and the game originally ended with Malestaire's defeat.

Hope that helps explain the oddity of Malestaire 50 gear being so underwhelming.

Alia Misthaven