Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea!!! Stitch best stats on your Favorite Pet.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 24, 2012
Possibility to stitch Pets.

I have a favorite looking Pet, but the stats on it is worthless. So the pet is walking in my castle. Never use it anymore. Some pets are so cute and not useful to use them battles anymore.

Like we can stitch our equipment. Is it an good idea to make it possible to stitch pets too

Kinds Regards,

Armand

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
that might create issues with hatching though?

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
SilverbackMonkey on Jan 26, 2017 wrote:
that might create issues with hatching though?
Honestly, if you stitch it, It should work just like a gear stitch, It's still the OLD piece of gear, just with the different look, meaning that if you were to hatch, the other person would have a chance at getting the original pet, not the one its stitched too.
And I think this is a GREAT Idea, Love the stats on my poised medusa, but have been wanting them onto a red gobbler and I have no motivation to hatch talents again at all.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2012
Anything news about this Idea?

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Sure! I hope they add this.

But I don't think we can call it stitching.
Our pets are living beings, it wouldn't make sense to 'stitch' them.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Mirajane7887 on Feb 15, 2017 wrote:
Sure! I hope they add this.

But I don't think we can call it stitching.
Our pets are living beings, it wouldn't make sense to 'stitch' them.
So call it Plastic Surgery, it's essentially the same thing.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Leicrex on Feb 15, 2017 wrote:
So call it Plastic Surgery, it's essentially the same thing.
Transmogrification would be a better term!

I'd love this to happen, but it would change hatching in terms of the number of people hatching and what they hatch. I don't actively hatch so I don't know how good or bad this would be.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I would love to do this 'plastic surgery!' Unfortunately, I fear KI won't be willing to give up the money-fest that is their current hatching system. As it stands, people are blowing fortunes on energy elixirs, pet snacks, etc.

So, since I don't see hatching ever going away, a compromise that I would dearly love to see is ... what if we could have the ability to make certain genes 'dominant' in our pets! That way we could ensure those traits will breed true in the next generation. There could be a limit of no more than one or two talents (out of five) that we can select as dominant, and the talent has to have manifested via training. Naturally there would be a fee. But, a dominant trait is sure to manifest in the offspring as one of its five potential talents.

People might actually be willing to hatch more often if they could cut out the frustration of worthless hatches. How many lovely pets did I have to abandon because that stupid "Disarm" talent kept coming up?! Why was that the dominant one? Grr! Seriously, I would pay money to avoid that pain and set the talent I actually want as the dominant one.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Freshta on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
I would love to do this 'plastic surgery!' Unfortunately, I fear KI won't be willing to give up the money-fest that is their current hatching system. As it stands, people are blowing fortunes on energy elixirs, pet snacks, etc.

So, since I don't see hatching ever going away, a compromise that I would dearly love to see is ... what if we could have the ability to make certain genes 'dominant' in our pets! That way we could ensure those traits will breed true in the next generation. There could be a limit of no more than one or two talents (out of five) that we can select as dominant, and the talent has to have manifested via training. Naturally there would be a fee. But, a dominant trait is sure to manifest in the offspring as one of its five potential talents.

People might actually be willing to hatch more often if they could cut out the frustration of worthless hatches. How many lovely pets did I have to abandon because that stupid "Disarm" talent kept coming up?! Why was that the dominant one? Grr! Seriously, I would pay money to avoid that pain and set the talent I actually want as the dominant one.

Alia Misthaven
Even if KI were to implement something like this, you also need to remember, there will ALWAYS be a chance the talents you are trying to avoid will still pop up at some point.

You should remember that a very large amount of what we acquire in the game is RANDOM CHANCE.

If you work with the members on Central, many of those unwanted talents can be hatched out eventually.

The following is a free site to join and use for a lot of information:

http://www.wizard101central.com/

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
Yeah, I would definitely love this option if it was added in. My Epic Medusa has Resist, Damage & Sprite but it failed at epic so if i could put something like Critical or maycast fairy i would LOVE that.

Kayla IronCaller