Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The wait

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 03, 2016
How long do you think we will have to wait for KI to make another world?

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
probably a year that's how they have been doing it but it could be more or less

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Well to be honest, I don't know when KI is going to come up with new worlds. But honestly, sometimes I wish they would slow down and make new worlds less often, because I find it difficult catching up since I am only in Zafaria. I am not asking for KI to do that though, because I know that would be unfair to the max. level people who hav nothing else to do on wizard101. I would say most likely they will add a next world in a future update.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
New world updates usually come out in the fall (October/November) based on past updates. So, you're looking at a wait of a little less than a year if that stays true.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Polaris came out in November 2015. Mirage came out November 2016. Empyrea (or whatever the next world is) would most likely come out November 2017.

Still a long while.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
So, in the meantime, enjoy all that Mirage and thereby the other activities the game has to offer :D

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Vanessa Mythdust on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
New world updates usually come out in the fall (October/November) based on past updates. So, you're looking at a wait of a little less than a year if that stays true.

~Vanessa Mythdust
If you go back and look at the timeline of new worlds:

Dragonspyre was released in January of 2009.

Celestia in Oct. 2010 with relatively few bugs.

Zafaria in Nov, 2011 with some graphical bugs, but fixed quickly.

Avalon in May 2012

Azteca in Nov 2012 barely 6 months after Avalon. I remember a few issues with both Avalon and Azteca.

Khrysalis Part 1 in Nov 2013, Part 2 in April 2014. I had not enter this until recently so not sure about the bugs being fixed as quick as in previous worlds.

In November of 2014, the Four Dungeons were released so there was no new world until Polaris in Nov. 2015 and now a year later Mirage and with this release, the difficulty went off the charts with no new gear to compensate our wizards for that difficulty. Always before, there was new gear to aid us in our endeavors but, not this time.

At this point, I would not mind in the least if KI would SLOW DOWN and work out all the bugs and issues from them BEFORE release. MORE time in Test without all the days of being off line might help get a cleaner and more playable world. A few years ago, we usually had up to 2 weeks without interruptions and the new world release was usually cleaner that the last few worlds have been.

Yes, I know there are many that want a new world and usually right now. It takes time to create those worlds but it should also take enough time for a better and smoother play.

The delay of the next WORLD release could also be used to fix many of the current bug issues that others are having.