Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
the waterworks needs to be changed either increase the chance to get something or remove some cheats cause it takes too long to do it for a tiny change to get something. I was lucky enough to get the robe on the first run but i never want to do it again cause it took me 2 hours with 2 other people(one left half way through last boss). It just takes to long please do something

Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I agree that this dungeon takes a long time. It's one of the reasons that the 'Four Dungeons' that came out later were broken into smaller but more challenging chunks compared to Waterworks. (They are harder in a way, but also faster and for that, we are grateful!!)

So, if you want to speed Waterworks up for farming purposes, first thing to do is read up on the cheats and know what to expect before each battle. Accidentally triggering the cheats can really draw things out. On the other hand, being savvy enough to work with to the cheat cycles will shorten the battle time considerably. The good news is that you can use traps and blades - you just have to know when to use them.

Second thing is, if at all possible, go in with someone from a much higher level. You've already done the dungeon once so you've earned your stripes and there's no reason why you can't speed things up with a super-powered friend or two the next time through.

Third option is, don't worry about farming it again. The level 60 House of Scales dungeon in Krokotopia by the Balance School drops gear that is very close to Waterworks quality, but the dungeon is broken up into two, smaller chunks. Also, the crafted level 56 gear in Wintertusk is third-best option in the game at this level - the only 'farming' you do is of the gardening and gathering kind.

Level 60 is the one point in the game where you really have a fine selection of high quality gear, so enjoy this stage in your wizard's educational career!

Good luck!
Alia Misthaven

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Waterworks really isn't that complicated now with the level gap increase. I don't think there is much they can do to nerf besides taking out a mob battle. I don't find it a challenge so I would hate for it to be nerfed too much that level 60s below could succeed in it.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
Waterworks was never an issue for me, once i got used to it. Find out the cheats, re-do your deck, or try new gear.
after a few runs you should be able to do it pretty quickly. And this time you got a bad team, it has NEVER taken me more than an hour and a half to run it. So just keep on keeping on there!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Jan 21, 2017 wrote:
the waterworks needs to be changed either increase the chance to get something or remove some cheats cause it takes too long to do it for a tiny change to get something. I was lucky enough to get the robe on the first run but i never want to do it again cause it took me 2 hours with 2 other people(one left half way through last boss). It just takes to long please do something
You are fortunate to get the robe on the first run. For many, that is very rare.

If you have friends at a higher level who are willing to assist you, that time frame can be reduced to about an hour or even a little less.

When WW was first released, the drops were at a much better rate but with the addition of other dungeons, the drop rates have been greatly reduced.

I have 3 that went through it right after release and they all got full gear within about 10 runs. Now, it is a grind to get any of that gear. I have a couple now that have done the dungeon a few times without a single piece of that gear dropping. I will not longer waste time farming there, but will do it only to get it out of my logs.

The drop rates all across the game has been reduced to a ridiculous rate.

Try to get used to how those cheats work. You will face bigger cheats as you progress in the game.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2015
Wait till Darkmoor, it'll literally suck the life out of your soul.