Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two Shadow pip spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
I think we all thought about getting some shadow spells that cost more shadow pips. Here's a few I came up with.

Life: Zander's triage
Cost: 7 pips + 2
Text: Restore 1000 to the weakest ally, convert a damage over time to over time for all friends.

Death: Leech King
Cost: 9 pips + 2
Text: 600 damage to two random enemies, convert half to . Next drain converts all dealt damage.

Myth: Mania
Cost: 6 pips + 2
Text: Destroy all positive shields and wards on target, deal 200 damage for each.

Storm : Forked lightning
Cost: 8 pips + 2
Text: 1000 damage to 2 enemies, or 2000 to self. Chance of damage to self lowered with each charm.

Fire: Boiling point
Cost: 8 pips + 2
Text: 200 + 550 over three rounds to self, 800 to all enemies and renew oldest damage over time.

Ice: Frozen sentinel
Cost: 7 pips + 2
Text: 750 - 1050 damage to strongest enemy, -55% incoming damage to all friends, ( and -45% outgoing damage to all enemies if caster health is below 70%)

Balance: Arcane chaos
Cost: 9 pips + 2
Text: 720 to self, 720 and 720 to two random enemies over three rounds, dispel next outgoing spell for each.

I hope I managed to make these somewhat balanced. Feedback is greatly appreciated, especially regarding damage and cost. I tried to give each school a unique effect that matches their theme (charms for storm, defense for ice, etc.)
I think these spells combine utility with damage well enough to be usable without being grossly overpowered (my opinion).

Thank you for reading, and have a great day!

Chris Shadowsword, level 120

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
The myth one is just a weaker earthquake

Leech king is just straight up overpowered
And I think storm wizards will just use wild bolt instead of forked lightning

And for the fire abilitiy if added I don't think any of them would use it because they would kill them self in the battle
And the ice spell is also insanely broken
The balance one would insanely murder them self while instant killing anyone
And the life one is really only usable if the enemy uses an DOT

I like the ideas but I think they would and will need to be changed drastically before even being considered to join the game

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
wizard508million on Jan 18, 2017 wrote:

And for the fire abilitiy if added I don't think any of them would use it because they would kill them self in the battle

I like the ideas but I think they would and will need to be changed drastically before even being considered to join the game
First of all, I'd like to thank you for the feedback .
I do not see how the myth spell is a weaker version of earthquake. If we were to imagine a common situation in battle:
Let's say an enemy has a double shield (the -70% kind), and two charms. The Mania spell would not only remove all those effects but also deal 800 damage. Earthquake, on the other hand deals a measly 310 damage (even if it's against all enemies). Not to mention that Mania can deal much more damage than in this hypothetical situation
(maybe your opponent also has a tower shield or a spear). And finally, Mania removes all wards and charms before hitting, making it basically impossible to put up shields against it.
I do not consider Leech king to be OP, as it is almost twice the cost of Khrulhu, yet deals less damage, and to only two enemies instead of all enemies. The only bonus would be the drain buff, but that only applies to one drain spell, and can be removed, as it is a charm. Factor in that the targets are random, and you can see that it is, in fact at a pretty adequate power level.
As for the fire spell, while the damage dealt to the enemies is instant, the damage dealt to self happens over time, giving them a chance to defeat their opponents. Also, as with all self damage spells, it has to be used with caution, when they are confident that they can remain alive. Not to mention that many battles happen in teams, meaning that that they can be healed or shielded by an ally.
I agree that the ice one is broken and needs to be nerfed. Maybe -40% to all allies and have the second effect trigger at below 25% health? I'm open to suggestions.
As for the Balance spell, I don't think it would be as brutal as you described it. All damage dealt (to self and enemies) takes place over three rounds( and first, and second, and third), giving everyone ample time to handle the it.
I'll reply to the Life spell separately, because I'm kinda running out of characters .

Chris Shadowsword, 120

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
wizard508million on Jan 18, 2017 wrote:

I agree that the life spell is useless if no dots are used, but I don't really think that's a problem. Hamadryad is also useless if there are no dots being used, and it's still a spell in game.
As for the storm spell, it's much more reliable than wild bolt. Wild bolt can fail really easily, even if you load up on charms, and only hits one target. Forked lightning however, hits two targets, dealing guaranteed damage, with an easily avoidable drawback ( using charms will drastically reduce the chance of damage to self).

The point of these spells, however, is not to make other spells obsolete. Sometimes, you'll need an earthquake to remove some wards and charms from all enemies, ( and deal some damage), and sometimes you just need a powerful one hit spell that can bypass any shields. (Case in point: Mania)
A life wizard would obviously use rebirth if there are no dots being used, but in case of dots, Zander's triage can make a bigger difference ( especially if the insane amounts of damage that came with mirage will continue in the upcoming worlds).

My point is that these spells are situational, even more so than the ones already in game. You wouldn't always want to use these in a battle, but there will be cases where you would find them really useful.
Just like Winged Sorrow, Raging Bull, or Llamasu aren't always your go to spells. You don't always use them, but still find situations where they are more efficient than the Darkmoor spells for example.

Thank you for reading my (absurdly long ) reply. I eagerly await your opinions and arguments.

Have a great day.

Chris Shadowsword, 120

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
JaniceInAccounting on Jan 18, 2017 wrote:
I agree that the life spell is useless if no dots are used, but I don't really think that's a problem. Hamadryad is also useless if there are no dots being used, and it's still a spell in game.
As for the storm spell, it's much more reliable than wild bolt. Wild bolt can fail really easily, even if you load up on charms, and only hits one target. Forked lightning however, hits two targets, dealing guaranteed damage, with an easily avoidable drawback ( using charms will drastically reduce the chance of damage to self).

The point of these spells, however, is not to make other spells obsolete. Sometimes, you'll need an earthquake to remove some wards and charms from all enemies, ( and deal some damage), and sometimes you just need a powerful one hit spell that can bypass any shields. (Case in point: Mania)
A life wizard would obviously use rebirth if there are no dots being used, but in case of dots, Zander's triage can make a bigger difference ( especially if the insane amounts of damage that came with mirage will continue in the upcoming worlds).

My point is that these spells are situational, even more so than the ones already in game. You wouldn't always want to use these in a battle, but there will be cases where you would find them really useful.
Just like Winged Sorrow, Raging Bull, or Llamasu aren't always your go to spells. You don't always use them, but still find situations where they are more efficient than the Darkmoor spells for example.

Thank you for reading my (absurdly long ) reply. I eagerly await your opinions and arguments.

Have a great day.

Chris Shadowsword, 120
For the balance spell the base damage of that is 4,420 and that's no blades no traps and if you had no gear on you can't tell me that isn't op

And for the death one I think for it to remain not op but good is to remove the drain buff and then change the damage to match Frankenstein

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
wizard508million on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
For the balance spell the base damage of that is 4,420 and that's no blades no traps and if you had no gear on you can't tell me that isn't op

And for the death one I think for it to remain not op but good is to remove the drain buff and then change the damage to match Frankenstein
You misunderstood the text for the balance spell. I didn't really write it properly either. Each enemy takes 720 damage total (240 every round), adding up to 1440 base damage.
As for the death spell, the reason I don't want to remove the drain charm, is because that's what makes it unique. Without it, it's basically just another damage spell, and what I'm aiming for is creating unique spells with unique effects. I'd be willing to change the death spell if there was some other unique effect that could be added. (Even though I don't think the current one would break the game)
I hope that cleared up some stuff. I await more suggestions and opinions.

Chris Shadowsword, 120

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
JaniceInAccounting on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
You misunderstood the text for the balance spell. I didn't really write it properly either. Each enemy takes 720 damage total (240 every round), adding up to 1440 base damage.
As for the death spell, the reason I don't want to remove the drain charm, is because that's what makes it unique. Without it, it's basically just another damage spell, and what I'm aiming for is creating unique spells with unique effects. I'd be willing to change the death spell if there was some other unique effect that could be added. (Even though I don't think the current one would break the game)
I hope that cleared up some stuff. I await more suggestions and opinions.

Chris Shadowsword, 120
Okay but I think you really need to change the life spell, it's barely going to be used by and life wizard.
It'd just to situational