Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please add a remove quest feature in the journal

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Please I beg you add this feature I'm going insane because I can't complete the fishing quests and they won't get out of my journal!

Survivor
Oct 07, 2010
I totally agree with you on this! They should really add a 'quest abandoner' button because some quests are just too uninteresting or time consuming.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
zachshock on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
Please I beg you add this feature I'm going insane because I can't complete the fishing quests and they won't get out of my journal!
This has come up many times in the past and KI has stated they won't add this feature.. Too many players would end up deleting quests they must do in order to progress through the worlds and support staff would be spending more time restoring them than they would on more important issues.

The fishing quests can be frustrating but it might be something you can work on at a later time. All of my wizards (12) that I have scattered throughout the Spiral, have fishing quests for DS that have not been completed but it is not on the top of my list either.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Just ignore the quests as best as possible.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
If they can't add such a feature then please get rid of the fishing quest from my journal.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Jan 7, 2017 wrote:
This has come up many times in the past and KI has stated they won't add this feature.. Too many players would end up deleting quests they must do in order to progress through the worlds and support staff would be spending more time restoring them than they would on more important issues.

The fishing quests can be frustrating but it might be something you can work on at a later time. All of my wizards (12) that I have scattered throughout the Spiral, have fishing quests for DS that have not been completed but it is not on the top of my list either.
Agreed, but I'm sure KI could only make the option to delete available for side quests only, not the main quests. THAT would help organize things.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I just wish they'd let me rearrange/sort them so that a quest I've tabled can be at the back of my spellbook, for example.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
KI is known to change their mind after saying no a few times do to enough players coming forward wanting the same idea. It's true that adding this feature can cause some problems but I'm sure KI can work them out, They always do. I too would love to see this option added in. A few side quest been sitting in my quest book for over 2 years and I have no interest in doing them. At first I thought some side quests were pretty cool to do until i got there. What if KI makes it so we can't accidentally delete storyline quests. We can always find side quests through quest finder.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
PaigeGoldenspear on Jan 7, 2017 wrote:
I just wish they'd let me rearrange/sort them so that a quest I've tabled can be at the back of my spellbook, for example.
I think this is the better solution, having some sort of a quest manager function.

I'd like to see something where you can have one page for the main storyline quests, have another page for side quests, another for crafting quests, another for fishing quests...

I'm not sure how many categories we would need, but I think that would make things look a lot cleaner. That way if you don't want to see a quest that you can't drop and you don't want to do, just don't open that tab.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
thelastdiviner on Jan 7, 2017 wrote:
Agreed, but I'm sure KI could only make the option to delete available for side quests only, not the main quests. THAT would help organize things.
I am sure a lot of players feel the same way and I have a couple of quests that I may or may not do but I just overlook them for now.

Maybe KI could add a couple of tabs in the quest logs and put things like fishing and optional dungeons or side quests we have picked up in those. I would not however expect to see KI add a quest delete button as they have stated before that is one thing they won't do. Too many things can go wrong and as I said before, support would be spending more time restoring story line quests instead of working on the more important fixes for players.

But we have all seen how many things in the game can GLITCH and I don't think this is an area that KI wants that to happen. They may try setting it for side quests or optional dungeons but somewhere along the line, it may glitch and players would be deleting main story line quests.

Normally, I do all side quests in any given world but that doesn't mean I will do all the "Optional" dungeons such as DM or those in Aquila or Krok, or Marleybone. I have done the ZigZag and the one in Marleybone on 2 of my wizards but have NOT picked them up on any of the remaining 10.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2012

If removing the quests isn't possible, could the staff please make a thing in the quest book that lets you rearrange the quests in order of world? Please? Or just have them do that automatically?

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
It wouldn't make sense, what if you were in the middle of the quest and you delete it? restart

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
They could also put a hide/unhide checkbox for all quests with an option to see all, see inactive(hidden) or see active (unhidden)

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013

Simple fix: No deleting main quests, add "Are you sure you want to delete this quest? You'll lose all of your progress!" messages to side quest deletion. Then reply to all support requests regarding quest deletion with "sorry bro, this is on you."

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Willium Star on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
If removing the quests isn't possible, could the staff please make a thing in the quest book that lets you rearrange the quests in order of world? Please? Or just have them do that automatically?
I don't know if it would be possible for KI to set up a separate tab for side quests. I would think they could and it seems the side quests are the ones that are what most are referring to when they want to remove one.

I do all side quests in all worlds for the added XP and in some cases, you have to do them in order to pick up the Books, and Rune stones etc.

I don't do all the OPTIONAL dungeons, so I don't pick them up.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
frostednutella on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
It wouldn't make sense, what if you were in the middle of the quest and you delete it? restart
This is why KI has stated they won't add the "Remove" feature. Support would be kept busy trying to restore story line quests that were accidentally deleted along with trying to fix in game issues for others having problems.

Hero
May 02, 2009
zachshock on Jan 7, 2017 wrote:
If they can't add such a feature then please get rid of the fishing quest from my journal.
If you want the quest removed then just finish it yourself-it's that simple.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
flash33 on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
Although I agree with there not being a quest remove feature, sometimes finishing it isn't as simple as you may think. There are some quests that take a very long time to defeat and are complicated.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
frostednutella on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
Although I agree with there not being a quest remove feature, sometimes finishing it isn't as simple as you may think. There are some quests that take a very long time to defeat and are complicated.
@flash33 is right. The best thing is to just finish them.

We have all had to deal with long and in some cases, complicated quests, BUT, those are usually story line not side quests. If it is a side quest, just keep going and come back to it after you have leveled up more. Or, ask friends for help.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
zachshock on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
they've stated multiple times they won't add that feature

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
flash33 on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
the thing is the quest is impossible I haven't got the fish for a month now!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Instead of delete maybe just shelve it into a side pocket of the quest book. That would work for me.

Sometimes I click by mistake and it's a world I have bypassed. I don't want to have to go back and do it just to get rid of it in the quest book.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I agree.

But, if you've started a quest there's no way to abandon it. If maybe if you go to the quest following the quest you've started you can abandon it. Same story line, but not the same quest.

Main quests cannot be abandoned.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
zachshock on Jan 29, 2017 wrote:
the thing is the quest is impossible I haven't got the fish for a month now!
We all go through not getting something and fishing isn't one of my favorite things to do. I have a fishing quest in DS on all of my wizards and they have not gotten all of those either. I just push that aside and go on with questing. Eventually, I may come back to it, but I won't just sit and fish.

Go do some questing and forget about the fish for a while.