Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I still don't have open chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2009
I currently have a membership and a verified credit card. But I still can't use open chat. Do I have to fax my passport to KingIsle too?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Fyrelizzzar on Jan 5, 2017 wrote:
I currently have a membership and a verified credit card. But I still can't use open chat. Do I have to fax my passport to KingIsle too?
Lol, no, you don't have to fax your passport.

What you need to do is this:

• Login to your Master Account
  • Verify that you're over 18 under Parental Settings
  • You should see an option saying if you want to toggle Open Chat On/Off
  • Toggle it on.

You should be fine after that.

Don't abuse the chat system in the game now!

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Are you at least 18 years old? You have to be 18 years old to access open chat.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Did you turn on the option for 'open chat' on your account here? Click on "My Accounts". Then login on your Account page. Then click on "Parental Controls" to see your Chat and other options. If that doesn't work, send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com and ask them to help you.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2016
Well, when you get a membership you do not get open chat, you just get open to more possibilities, but not more chat. So sorry!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Did you go into your account management and turn it on? You also have to turn it on in your in game log book.

If your account was originally set up by a parent, it may be a problem to get this turned on.

Check this page and see if there are any questions that have been asked that may help you.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/help-faq

Otherwise contact Support and see if they can help you with this.

Most that I am aware of have not been able to get this changed.

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Okay I went to My account and under parental controls I don't see open chat. I see text chat, true friends chat, gifting, and earn crowns but no open chat. And yes, I'm over 18

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Fyrelizzzar on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
Okay I went to My account and under parental controls I don't see open chat. I see text chat, true friends chat, gifting, and earn crowns but no open chat. And yes, I'm over 18
All you can simply do is contact KingsIsle for support.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Were you at least 18 when you made the account?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Here is what that page should look like . Notice the second option. If it is not checked, then no, you won't have open chat. I would suggest contacting support and see if they can help you with this issue.

Chat - Filtered Text:

You cannot change this value

Chat - Open Text:

Chat - True Friends Code:
You cannot change this value

Gifting:

Earn Crowns Offers:

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009