Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Fairegrounds

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Maybe it's only me who's feeling this. But I feel The Fairegrounds in The Commons is not getting any attention. For any of you who don't know about The Fairegrounds, it's a place where there are some fun mini games for you to play. After you are done playing and have a good score your mana (I think?) Fills up bit by bit. Or maybe your potion bottles (Please correct me if I am wrong about this) Some of the games that you can play are really fun! But lets face it, who is playing these games for getting mana or potions? Only a few I guess. Each game has a leader board. Does anyone know if the leader boards are reset after a period of time? I feel KI should add something to the Fairegrounds. It has a lot of potential. Maybe instead of refilling your potions or mana your reward can be gold, bobble heads, seeds, maybe even crown shop items. KI can also add some new games which will attract many more players! Of course if they do decide to add some new additions to the Fairegrounds then they need to update the leader boards. So all i'm saying is that KI should upgrade the Fairegrounds so it will attract more players.

- Shelby Nightbreeze level 118 wizard
- Rylee Winterbreeze level 17 wizard

Please correct me if I am wrong about the Fairegrounds refilling your mana or potions! I'm really sorry if I am. Some of you will also realize that the spelling of Fairgrounds is incorrect. I went to commons to clarify the spelling and it said 'Fairegrounds' That or i'm blind! (lol) Also, Do any of you agree? Do you want to see the Fairegrounds getting an update or do you have ideas about how KI could improve it? Please share if you do!

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I'm definitely in support of this idea, it just feels like there's a lot of potential there currently being wasted. Also, Fairegrounds is an archaic way of spelling Fairgrounds or Fayregrounds.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Sure, I'd like to see some different games and a wider variety of games. I prefer the ones that are not as fast paced.

The games fill the potions.

If you do well enough you also get prizes. I've only played long enough to get gold and I can't remember but the 2nd prize too.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I'd like to see it drop something of value. Currently there's no reason to play on once you've scored enough for a full potion bottle. It drops paltry amounts of gold, and if you score high enough to win an item it's Bazaar trash. I'd increase the gold drops dramatically and scale them to level, and increase the item quality. Maybe not crowns items, but at least No Auction stuff.

Oh, and wipe all the hackers off the leaderboards. No way did someone get a 15 or however many digit score on Dueling Diego legitimately.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
The games fill up your potions, not your mana. However mana generally will refill from wisps floating around the area as you play these games. It does actually reward gold (not much, like 17-30 pieces) and reagents from good scores. Doodle Dug, and Dueling Diego are my favorite games and these games can actually be found in every world, not just Commons, Wizard City. I feel like they should add better rewards and possibly more games, the games are fun to play if you have nothing else to do, but otherwise are a waste of time.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
the game sigil is world base, it fills your mana if it wasnt full, and leaves you with an uncapped bottle, if you're full mana, it fills a bottle completely, or fills the remainder of uncapped, and after mana, that is the 3rd round/level it gives gold on the world, so in wizard city it's low, mirage is higher... then it gives a pair of armor from the bazaar based on the world you're in, and the final one, i do not know, never made it that far

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
XaZeRs on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
The games fill up your potions, not your mana. However mana generally will refill from wisps floating around the area as you play these games. It does actually reward gold (not much, like 17-30 pieces) and reagents from good scores. Doodle Dug, and Dueling Diego are my favorite games and these games can actually be found in every world, not just Commons, Wizard City. I feel like they should add better rewards and possibly more games, the games are fun to play if you have nothing else to do, but otherwise are a waste of time.

The games refill your mana. Once your mana pool is full, excess mana starts to go into a potion. The first award is up to your total mana. If you start playing with 0 mana, the full award will completely fill your mana, but leave empty potions untouched. If you start with full mana, the full award will refill a potion. If you start with some mana missing, the full award will partially fill a potion.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
SparkleTude on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
Sure, I'd like to see some different games and a wider variety of games. I prefer the ones that are not as fast paced.

The games fill the potions.

If you do well enough you also get prizes. I've only played long enough to get gold and I can't remember but the 2nd prize too.
I've gotten boots and treasure cards a few times, but it was all really low-level

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
Every world has a spot where you can play minigames, but I agree that the Fairegrounds has the most potential to have something added to it. I really like the ideas for new rewards and possibly even new games, as well! Maybe they could keep the current all-time leaderboards, but maybe add a weekly or monthly leaderboard so that those of us who can never reach a score of 10,000,000,000 squared on Dueling Diego can still receive some glory. Also, the rewards should be increased or fixed in some way. Right now, I only receive a mana refill, possibly enough gold to buy a treasure card, a pair of level 2 boots, some 4th reward that requires an insane score too reach, and a potion refill. We get these things after spending a great deal of effort and time playing games, such as Hot Shots. Sure, they're really fun and that is it's own reward, but the existing rewards should be a bit better to add some incentive to play these games.