Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
For me, a level 88 balance, is potent trap worth training. I think it is, as I quest with friends a lot and try to play support. I already picked up sharpen, but would you recommend me training potent?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
william12303 on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:
For me, a level 88 balance, is potent trap worth training. I think it is, as I quest with friends a lot and try to play support. I already picked up sharpen, but would you recommend me training potent?
If you've feint, then go for it, as Potent Feint and a Regular Feint do stack.

Never trained it on any of my wizards though.

But since you quest frequently with friends, then it doesn't seem like a bad idea, in addition, as a balance, you should have a variety of Training Points at your disposal, so I'll say you should go for it :D

Happy Holidays!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2016
Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Yes, a thousand times yes, and even more so as a balance as they're the best support school.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
You should absolutely train Potent. Balance has access to many traps, for free, that work great in the support role.

Examples would be:

elemental and spirit traps: Balance is the only school that gets both for free.

hex: any class you are supporting can make use of this trap and the extra 10% from potent speaks for itself.

By playing in the support role (which I did many times with my Balance) your having sharpen and potent can really speed up a battle. So in my opinion those two spells are an absolute necessity. Not to mention how handy they are when you are soloing or not playing support.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
I would recommend you train it if you are balance it helps out allot because you have a ton of traps and they will all stack. Also if you have feint as well then you should deffenantly train it.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I'll be a bit surprised if anybody says no and is actually serious about it.