Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just a quick question!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2016
I was wondering if it's possible to send mounts from one character to another character on the same account. I have a bunch on one and I don't need more than one mount for a single character, unless I do? But anyway, I'd like a way to send them over.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
Hiya. Yes you can. Just put them in your shared bank. Then all your characters on the same account can access them.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
You can deposit mounts in the Shared Bank, using the Bank in your Dorm Room or Personal Castle. Once their just go on wizard that you want to use the mount on and access the Shared Bank once again but this time withdraw the mount. Other items like Equipment, Housing Items and Reagents can be shared using the same method but items which are No Trade can't be shared via Shared Bank

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Asollan on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
I was wondering if it's possible to send mounts from one character to another character on the same account. I have a bunch on one and I don't need more than one mount for a single character, unless I do? But anyway, I'd like a way to send them over.
Some you can, some you can't. The ones you can't will say no trade when you click on it, All the ones from gift drops lying around during the birthday celebration is no trade You can trade the permanent mounts plus a few others from the crown shop and some from Zeke.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Asollan on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
Most mounts are tradable, so just put them in your shared bank and have your other characters access them from there.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
Have you tried placing them in your shared bank?
I have moved some that way as long as they don't have the words "No Trade" on them.

Explorer
May 25, 2016
U mean same account as when u log in they are all sitting at desks? If so then u should be able to put them in shared bank.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Sharing mounts and gear is exactly what the shared bank is for!

Go into your dorm room or a house if you have one. Go to the small chest on the floor next to the door. Click "X." Go to your mounts tab in your backpack and select the permanent mount you want to move. Click the "Shared Bank" option. When you log in another wizard, they will find the mount waiting for them in their bank, under the 'Shared Bank' tab.

You can also move pets (but it will cost you energy), seeds, furniture and even actual houses. You can not move anything that says "No Trade." That includes any 'rented mounts' that are 1-day, 7-day and 15-day awards from daily assignments and crowns packs. Those you either use or trash, they can't be traded.

To answer your other question, mounts are usually a matter of style and speed. Any permanent mounts you like but don't want to ride, can also be set loose in your house the same way a pet can.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
You can trade mounts between wizards in the same account via the Shared Bank. Access this inside your home or dormitory room.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
Sure you can. Make sure the mount is in your backpack and go to your bank. Click on the mount of choice and click on the shared bank tab. The mount should go into the shared bank. Just make sure the shared bank is not full at time of transfer. Your other character should be able to log on and get it out of their shared bank in their house or dorm room. If you try to do it with a pet, it will take your energy away for awhile, but mounts are fine.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Go to your bank in your dorm and move it to shared bank. Then go to the destination account and go to their dorm and bank and find the mount and click "Move to backpack" or "Move to bank"

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Can't share one day mounts. I think it has to be 7 days and up.

I seem to remember some mounts being no trade, too. Just check what the description is when you hover your mouse on it in your backpack. If it says no trade, you can't put it into the shared bank.