Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 120 gear drops: Spread across bosses

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2015
After KI finally did the obvious thing (make the 120 gear tradeable), I've been farming the sands of time. I started with the west/myth boss.

After getting about 3 fire hats, 4 fire boots, 2 death hats, 2 life boots, 2 fire rings, 3 ice amulets, and 2 myth amulets and NOTHING else from any other school, I began to question if this guy dropped boots from all the schools.

I went to fight the east/death boss, and other gear from other schools started dropping. Thus far, I've gotten 2 life rings, 1 death ring, 1 death boots, 1 ice boots (I think), 1 storm hat, and 1 death amulet.

Kept the pattern going and went to farm the south/fire boss. This one dropped 1 balance hat and a pair of storm boots thus far.

Conclusion: You will more than likely need to farm across multiple bosses to get what you want from the end game. Some things drop from both bosses, but it looks like most drops only come from one of the three final fights before the actual last fight in mirage.

Happy farming, all.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
What exactly is dropping that is worth farming for? I was led to believe from all the posts that the 120 gear was useless.

Defender
May 02, 2015
Jasmine3429 on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
What exactly is dropping that is worth farming for? I was led to believe from all the posts that the 120 gear was useless.
Not useless, just not a major upgrade.

The new shoes are a slight upgrade from the Rat and also give up power pip for accuracy.

The robes were never useful, outside of the life, which was nerfed. Thank goodness it got some back though.

The hat is a slight upgrade to the hat Omen drops.

Rings are critical/damage rings, very slightly better that give outgoing rather than mana.

Athames are block/damage athames, very slightly better that give incoming rather than mana

Amulets give a very small amount of stun block, pip conversion, and gives a shadow card that does the reverse of what people wanted (shadow for pips rather than pips for a shadow)

Decks give a few points more health, a few points less block, and trade critical for the new pip conversion stat.

Also, shadow pip chance goes up like 1% on the hat and robes I think.

Wands aren't good. The legendary crafted ones are better.