Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My suggestions to improve wizard 101!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2016
I'm pretty new to the wizard 101 membership scene so I haven't completed everything in the game yet. However I've seen a few things already which could improve the quality of gameplay.

1. Small energy recovery at the fairegrounds. Something like 1-3 energy recovery (based on medal rank) which would replace the gold reward or come after it.

2. I understand that the old graphics are nostalgic and iconic but I think it'd be really good for the game if you could update the graphics and let the players choose which game graphics they'd like to use. This way everyone can enjoy both ways to view the wizarding world! :) And those with bad computers can still play while people with good computers don't feel silly playing a game with these graphics when they could be playing something more up to date. I understand graphics aren't everything, but it is important to some people and I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work gone into detailing the universe they're immersed into.

3.An extra animation for cards. Please? This definitely would help fight the feeling of repetitive combat in some way.

4. Increase the drop chance for low level quest drops (such as collecting something from beating a rotting fodder). Since the game is a lot bigger than when it came out, in order for players to reach end game content faster, it'd be nice way to curb some of the tedious mind numbing grinding.

5. A crafting system for gear. It could start at low levels where players can try to fuse elements from one gear of the same type with another. E.g a level 10 ice wizard robe with +89hp, fused with a level 10 ice wizard robe with +2 ice damage to make something like a +45hp +1 ice damage robe that has their look randomly taken from either of the original robes (or you can pay to choose one for certain).

6. A new class. It's way overdue for a game this old and popular. It doesn't have to be a base class, but an unlockable class like how WoW has death knight for players with a high level character. You can even make a quest arc about it. An evil wizard who discovers a new form of magic and you have to defeat him to stop him from doing something dastardly! As a reward for completing the quest line you can make a wizard from that new wizard class. My thoughts would be a chaos wizard, to be opposite to balance wizards (since all have an opposite except balance.) The chaos wizard could have super high max damage but super low minimum damage. While having a relatively reliable cast rating. Their starter spell could be something like a chaos beast with a 85% cast chance and doing 45-185 damage. As they get to a higher level they learn spells to hone and focus their damage better e.g a charm that increases their cast chance and chance to do max damage with their spells (different from increasing the total damage but they could also have a charm for that too). Their defensive charms would cause their enemy to do the lowest damage possible from their spells.

That's all I can wright.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Asollan on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:
I'm pretty new to the wizard 101 membership scene so I haven't completed everything in the game yet. However I've seen a few things already which could improve the quality of gameplay.

1. Small energy recovery at the fairegrounds. Something like 1-3 energy recovery (based on medal rank) which would replace the gold reward or come after it.

2. I understand that the old graphics are nostalgic and iconic but I think it'd be really good for the game if you could update the graphics and let the players choose which game graphics they'd like to use. This way everyone can enjoy both ways to view the wizarding world! :) And those with bad computers can still play while people with good computers don't feel silly playing a game with these graphics when they could be playing something more up to date. I understand graphics aren't everything, but it is important to some people and I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work gone into detailing the universe they're immersed into.

3.An extra animation for cards. Please? This definitely would help fight the feeling of repetitive combat in some way.

4. Increase the drop chance for low level quest drops (such as collecting something from beating a rotting fodder). Since the game is a lot bigger than when it came out, in order for players to reach end game content faster, it'd be nice way to curb some of the tedious mind numbing grinding.

5. A crafting system for gear. It could start at low levels where players can try to fuse elements from one gear of the same type with another. E.g a level 10 ice wizard robe with +89hp, fused with a level 10 ice wizard robe with +2 ice damage to make something like a +45hp +1 ice damage robe that has their look randomly taken from either of the original robes (or you can pay to choose one for certain).

6. A new class. It's way overdue for a game this old and popular. It doesn't have to be a base class, but an unlockable class like how WoW has death knight for players with a high level character. You can even make a quest arc about it. An evil wizard who discovers a new form of magic and you have to defeat him to stop him from doing something dastardly! As a reward for completing the quest line you can make a wizard from that new wizard class. My thoughts would be a chaos wizard, to be opposite to balance wizards (since all have an opposite except balance.) The chaos wizard could have super high max damage but super low minimum damage. While having a relatively reliable cast rating. Their starter spell could be something like a chaos beast with a 85% cast chance and doing 45-185 damage. As they get to a higher level they learn spells to hone and focus their damage better e.g a charm that increases their cast chance and chance to do max damage with their spells (different from increasing the total damage but they could also have a charm for that too). Their defensive charms would cause their enemy to do the lowest damage possible from their spells.

That's all I can wright.
Great ideas! You do know you could just post a reply to your own post and continue if you wanted to, and also I do apologise for this but it's write not wright. (I am so sorry)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Welcome to the membership

1) that could actually be beneficial since how often do people try the game sigil? could set it you gain one energy per level you complete after you completed lvl 3 (full mana)

2) Going by Minecraft, it is a major popular game, i mean in the multimillions, and it's graphics are fairly low, but everyone loves it... speaking of Minecraft, you also get texturepacks, which that, that might help this situation. although Kingsilses would have to redraw millions of graphics and to a whole new theme....

3) that would be good, i mean after 3 pip spell, it starts to go into one animations.... and would be nice to see a different animation for spells, like a gnome, builds up and goes to punch you but flings gnomes of his arm...

5) i could see this working, although i dont see it being low level....maybe after DragonSpyre crafting quest, ya know, make ya work for it... but of course for doing this, Kingsilse needs to have identity codes for every known possible combination for every single piece of gear

6) a unlockable class? i could see that, make it after defeeating malistare or something just so its easily gainable and you wont see just 1 or 2 running around... although it shoouldnt be the oopposite of balance, because that's what makes balance so unique...balance is the balance of spirits and elements...

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Hey, I'd advise to play the whole game before you make these types of suggestions, including the "new class" suggestion. If you got to Khrysalis, you'd know.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
jordan night blood on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
Great ideas! You do know you could just post a reply to your own post and continue if you wanted to, and also I do apologise for this but it's write not wright. (I am so sorry)
XD, I was gonna correct that too :P

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Asollan on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:

That's all I can wright.
Welcome to both The Game and The Message Boards! :D

I like the ideas.

Thoughts on the final one though. A new class. Well, for this to happen, one must keep in mind that quite a few of us already have the maximum of six character slots available for an account. Hence, an introduction to a new class will have to see an introduction to a new slot as it would be unfair to force players to delete one of our older wizards just to try out the new class or to have to go begin a new account, get membership etc just to try that new class out. See where I'm going with this?

But there's potential here, especially with a few added animations, that would be cool to see. They should continue the trend and alter animations a bit according to the damage the spell is going to do like Storm Shark for example.