Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-16-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It’s that time again! Yes, it’s Friday, and it’s time for a new topic.

The world of Mirage has now been unlocked for a few weeks. If you’ve gotten the opportunity to set foot in the sands, my question is for you today – Who is your favorite boss in Mirage? What makes it great? Tell us what you think!

Hope your weekend is full of warmth and wonder!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Not high enough for the area yet, but looking forward to it.
On a different note the way lvl 8,9,10 ect being able to go into same Feasting Hall is bad idea... it is hard to get a good party for Gold or even stone rooms when you have lower lvl in same area... took fun out of it

Just saying

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Professor Falmea on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:

The world of Mirage has now been unlocked for a few weeks. If you’ve gotten the opportunity to set foot in the sands, my question is for you today – Who is your favorite boss in Mirage? What makes it great? Tell us what you think!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Shadowwock. He's easy to farm, and he drops decent gear.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
gonna go with the mimics (those little treasure chests with teeth)~ not only are they insanely cute, but they cheat in a way that's not annoying or time-consuming... probably the only solace i've taken in this whole mess.

-von

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

I really liked Gretta Darkkettle, she is not technically fought in Mirage, but it was still fun to go back to an old NPC and give her a good thrashing!

Old cob's duel was not really what I was expecting, but it was still the moment we all waited for. So that is worth mentioning too!!

Defender
Mar 04, 2012

I haven't gotten through all of mirage yet but I would have to say scorpion it's funny that Ozzy reveled a big secret and then scorpion just sand bags him in Ozzys words I feel it's that whole part is funny and suspenseful at the same time

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The mimics, not just because of their interesting cheat, but also beause they gave me an idea for a new system that could be implemented, and I think might have been asked about in a previous Feedback Friday.

Gold chests, when you try to open one, you will get either Shock a Lock or Catch a Key, just like silver chests, but if you fail, the chest will turn into a monster instead of dissapearing (they would only spawn near duel circles). There would be different versions of the monster for different level ranges, but they would all look like the chest monsters, and the drop table would be the same as whatever chest turned into it. Fleeing or beeing defeated would cause the monster to dissapear. If put into existing worlds I suggest having them in places that already have enough space for a duel circle, but have no other monsters, just to avoid having them disrupt a duel already in progress.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Mikeblitz on Dec 17, 2016 wrote:
Not high enough for the area yet, but looking forward to it.
On a different note the way lvl 8,9,10 ect being able to go into same Feasting Hall is bad idea... it is hard to get a good party for Gold or even stone rooms when you have lower lvl in same area... took fun out of it

Just saying
I agree, very frustrating to try to do this holiday quest with low levels that can't stay alive. They should make it to go in with similar levels.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2010
I don't really have a favorite boss but i have a suggestion, the viper guards in the beginning of istanboa have way too much damage, it's needs to be knocked by half. And also I have post boxes from the road warriors pack on my wall in my sunken palace and it won't let me take it off the wall. I would fix that if I were you guys

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Story-wise, I have to hand it to Ali Baboon. For a boss who wasn't "the big bad of the entire world", he gets quite a bit of focus on him. I liked how he was suspiciously not fought at around the same time as Achmad Peece and Loother Ray, and then he stole the show (and Istar's lamp, he stole that too) while we were fighting the Scorpion. He even gets his own area, full of throwbacks to NPCs we've interacted with and references.

Gameplay-wise, that one's a bit tougher. Personally, I think I enjoyed all the bosses with blade cheats; they offered a refreshing break from the normal "blade a lot and wipe out everything within a five mile radius with one attack" that most fights are. Eerkala is interesting in that she also cheats if you trap as well. Perhaps some time in the future there could be a boss where blades and traps are both not allowed, and you'd have to reduce the boss's health to zero one little piece at a time.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Being a Star Wars fan, I loved the Boa Fett and Rain Core fights. Even the dialogue was the same. Special mention to the Gobblorean Guards (Gamorrean Guards), too.

"No disintegrations." "As you wish..."

"As you are slowly rained on over a thousand years."