Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crit-Block Dramatically Decreased at Level 120?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
I was questing near the end of Mirage. I was level 119 and I checked that my 457 critical block translated into 62% block. I leveled up then I checked it after - BOOM! It decreased to 53% block. I don't understand. Why the dramatic decrease? If you're a pvp'er at Level 110, and have solid gear from Darkmoor, Rasputin, and Baba Yaga, why level at all when your stats are going to decrease a lot? Unless KI plans to put another dungeon in the game in the next few months, there is no improved gear. All that is gained from leveling from 110 to MAX is a new spell which may or may not be of benefit... at the cost of decreased block.

Now about my critical rating, that only decreased one percent from level 119 to level 120... very odd!

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Sir Jason The Grea... on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
I was questing near the end of Mirage. I was level 119 and I checked that my 457 critical block translated into 62% block. I leveled up then I checked it after - BOOM! It decreased to 53% block. I don't understand. Why the dramatic decrease? If you're a pvp'er at Level 110, and have solid gear from Darkmoor, Rasputin, and Baba Yaga, why level at all when your stats are going to decrease a lot? Unless KI plans to put another dungeon in the game in the next few months, there is no improved gear. All that is gained from leveling from 110 to MAX is a new spell which may or may not be of benefit... at the cost of decreased block.

Now about my critical rating, that only decreased one percent from level 119 to level 120... very odd!
Going from level 110 to 120 decreases your critical by 10% and your block by 15%.

I do agree there should be new gear available for us, as Grandfather Spider athames and amulets give less block than the Polaris versions.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Welcome to Wizard101, where Test Realm always comes out far too early when there's still issues and where threads get locked so you can't give anymore feedback. With no balancing method for the Reshuffle change, no new balancing gear for crit/block at level 120, level 120 PvP decks being worse than the 110 versions, KI just put Test Realm out on Live without any thought into those things.

The situation level 120 players are in is staying that way until the summer I'm assuming so yes, everybody that did level up to 120 just made their wizards worse for PvP than 10 levels previous. The motto I'm seeing KI repeatedly throwing at us PvPers every single update is "just deal with it."

P.S KI: Nerfing critical hits down to 1.25x the damage doesn't mean that everybody's able to get criticaled on freely and tank them out like they're nothing. A critical hit is still often game changing and very difficult to deal with. We need our block percentage raised.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2015
I think that there should be a new place to farm for better gear. We have outgrown Darkmoor gear and need some new gear to help us. Maybe a new dungeon that is somewhat related to Olympus, Tartarus, etc or maybe something like Waterworks. That would drastically help. Hope Kingsisle sees this message board post and realize that a dungeon for better gear is needed.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
I think they also should make more better gear in newer dungeons that help with PvE, but if were talking about better than Darkmoor and Rasputin gear, then try not to make our gear more op than Darkmoors when it comes to stats like pierce, damage and resist.

Basically i'm trying to say if you look at a Fire with really good gear that leads to them with 110 damage, 50-53 universal resist, and 38-40 pierce, if they should make better gear than it ( imo ), it should have maybe a little more health. Where our health was 400 something in the in our darkmoor gear, i think it would be more interesting to have for examples storms gear the same or a little better in stats ( damage, resist) in the hat, robe or something like Darkmoor, but has 800-1k health ( though this may lead to other schools and ice having even higher health), this could be a good idea to help people who wanna solo in PvE and stop complaining more about how much op damage the shadow spells can do in PvP.

This is a rushed idea and i expect many people to not agree ( like most people usually do when it comes to the threads i make about PvP), but i mainly think a giant health buff for all schools ( maybe not to big for ice so the health gap wont be too huge?) could help us a lot maybe even more than block.

Sorry if i don't make too much sense here.

This is just what i think.