Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

[Incident: 161129-000388]

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I contacted Support with this over a week ago and have not really received an explanation on why my main life wizard who has already entered into Khrysalis is suddenly behind my fire wizard on second account. I was certain my life wizard was level 92. Can I please get an explanation regarding this issue.

[Incident: 161129-000388]

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dworgyn, is there any chance I will get an answer to this issue.

Yes, I was given 2 Major XP Elixirs of which one was put on my Fire wizard on Second account and she isn't the one that is behind. It was not my intentions to get something without paying for it, just an explanation.

I was hoping to find out why My Life wizard, which is my Main wizard was suddenly behind in XP compared to my fire wizard on second account. Life wizard entered Khrysalis in June I believe. I have been dual boxing and trying to bring up my fire wizard so that I could dual box them in Khrysalis. I was not aware that my life was actually not gaining any XP but I also thought she was level 92.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi. Unfortunately tracing finite exp loss outside of what CS has already been done would prove very difficult, and you should consider this closed.

My first thought is that the fire wizard is casting more frequent and higher pip spells and that the exp from combat caused a discrepancy over time. however, you did say "Suddenly," and so if there is a bug somewhere, we'd need to recreate it and have a bit more information from multiple sources reporting the same occurrence.

Namely:
  • Level of characters:
  • Location where the bug occurred:
  • Quest Name (if applicable):
  • Description of the bug:
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug? (Steps)
  • Confirm username (which account are you playing)
  • What area were you trying to access when this happened?
  • What time (approximately) was it?
  • How big is the exp discrepancy?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dworgyn on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
Hi. Unfortunately tracing finite exp loss outside of what CS has already been done would prove very difficult, and you should consider this closed.

My first thought is that the fire wizard is casting more frequent and higher pip spells and that the exp from combat caused a discrepancy over time. however, you did say "Suddenly," and so if there is a bug somewhere, we'd need to recreate it and have a bit more information from multiple sources reporting the same occurrence.

Namely:
  • Level of characters:
  • Location where the bug occurred:
  • Quest Name (if applicable):
  • Description of the bug:
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug? (Steps)
  • Confirm username (which account are you playing)
  • What area were you trying to access when this happened?
  • What time (approximately) was it?
  • How big is the exp discrepancy?
I thought my life wizard was level 92 and fire was just beginning lvl 91.

I first noticed the discrepancy after a couple of battles in Twin Mountains.
I am sorry I don't remember the quests that I did.

Not sure if the loss of level and XP occurred in Khrysalis after life wizard did the first 2 solo battles or during the time I was attempting to get my fire wizard through the end of Azteca.

This is the first time I have noticed it anything like this happening Since Life wizard has done quests that Fire wizard has not.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or not.

Not sure that I can reproduce this bug.

I was running both accounts as I was dual boxing. Prefer not to post user names here.

I was in Twin Mountains when I noticed the XP discrepancy.

Early evening Central Time 7pm?

If my thought is correct about the level I though my Life wizard was on my main account, the discrepancey of XP would be from her current XP it would be right at a full level.

I don't know of any other information I can give that would resolve the issue so if nothing else, I will accept the loss and just move on.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
I thought my life wizard was level 92 and fire was just beginning lvl 91.

I first noticed the discrepancy after a couple of battles in Twin Mountains.
I am sorry I don't remember the quests that I did.

Not sure if the loss of level and XP occurred in Khrysalis after life wizard did the first 2 solo battles or during the time I was attempting to get my fire wizard through the end of Azteca.

This is the first time I have noticed it anything like this happening Since Life wizard has done quests that Fire wizard has not.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or not.

Not sure that I can reproduce this bug.

I was running both accounts as I was dual boxing. Prefer not to post user names here.

I was in Twin Mountains when I noticed the XP discrepancy.

Early evening Central Time 7pm?

If my thought is correct about the level I though my Life wizard was on my main account, the discrepancey of XP would be from her current XP it would be right at a full level.

I don't know of any other information I can give that would resolve the issue so if nothing else, I will accept the loss and just move on.
could be a server issue; happened to me once (albeit a long time ago now) and resulted in both my level and active quest being rolled back.

when i contacted support, the person who responded to my ticket told me that there had been a server reset that had caused the issue. just a thought.

-von

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Dr Von on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:
could be a server issue; happened to me once (albeit a long time ago now) and resulted in both my level and active quest being rolled back.

when i contacted support, the person who responded to my ticket told me that there had been a server reset that had caused the issue. just a thought.

-von
I have been dealing with this for 2 or 3 weeks now and it seems no one understands what I am telling them so I guess I will just have to deal with it. As you can see from the posts here, I have still not received a viable answer. It just doesn't seem to be right that life has already passed into KH and I don't know if I actually got the XP from the couple of quests I have done there or if something did roll back that put her behind the fire wizard she was running with to get her through AZ.

Support has been of no help. It isn't like I am asking them to track every little bit of XP. I just want to know why she seems to have lost a full level.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
I wouldn't worry about it too much. You're going to hit max level before you're done with Mirage in the end anyways.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Elipsisx on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it too much. You're going to hit max level before you're done with Mirage in the end anyways.
Sorry, but I have no intentions of doing Mirage at this point. Most if not all 11 of my remaining wizards will probably stop by the end of AZ. I may run them through Polaris but that will be it.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2015
Are you saying that your wizard went BACK in levels?

I do think that XP for quests was changed in at least Khrysalis because my Ice wizard was 99 going on one hundred in the Hive and stopped to help my neice's storm wizard who was still in Zafaria. We battled and caught her up to my wizard in Khrysalis but she leapfrogged in levels and is now 110 where my ice is at 107. She past him in Fort Rochias for some reason even though my ice has done way more dungeons, has way more badges, and won many more boss fights -- we do all the side quests.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Nikki lestat on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
Are you saying that your wizard went BACK in levels?

I do think that XP for quests was changed in at least Khrysalis because my Ice wizard was 99 going on one hundred in the Hive and stopped to help my neice's storm wizard who was still in Zafaria. We battled and caught her up to my wizard in Khrysalis but she leapfrogged in levels and is now 110 where my ice is at 107. She past him in Fort Rochias for some reason even though my ice has done way more dungeons, has way more badges, and won many more boss fights -- we do all the side quests.
Yes.

My life wizard has done considerably more than my fire wizard on second account. She had even completed the first 2 boss battles in Khrysalis and passed through the portal that blocked anyone from going any further until those battles had been won. I was certain she was a lvl 92 and I had updated that information on Central.

I had also been dual boxing and using my life wizard to get my fire wizard through AZ so they could both run together in the new worlds. During a couple of battles in Twin Mountains, I noticed my fire wizard was gaining XP really fast. so I checked her level and found that she was level 91 almost lvl 92 which seemed a little odd that she was that close to the level of my life wizard. I checked my life wizard and found that she was only lvl 91 with only 1/3 the amount of xp to reach lvl 92.

I noticed a similar incident with my 2 youngest wizards (fire and storm) a few days ago that were questing in Nordrilund. I had done a side quest from Conal Ironshaper, "There a Cave". After completing the battle, I went back out of the instance and both wizards spoke to Conal Ironshaper. Only my fire received the XP at the time so I thought that maybe my storm needed to redo the battle. After entering back into the instance Conal Ironshaper was waiting to speak to my storm. She got the XP at that point for the battle and was able to continue questing.

At this point, if wizards are having problems not getting the XP, then something is wrong with the system. I have only one other wizard that has about half the XP she should have but in her current level but I see no point in pursuing the issue any further. Unless more players are having the same issues, nothing is going to be done to see why this is happening. I have stopped playing in AZ and only running those I have in ZF and CL at the moment. I have been dual boxing main balance with ice on 2nd account to see what happens there. Ice quickly caught up to balance in CL so that may also show something.