Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing Our Features (An Opinion)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2013
Ever since I made my first character (and had gotten her to level 110), I've wanted to make adjustments. I probably am a bit picky about what my characters look like, but I've always wanted to change the color of her hair just once without the use of a wig. I feel like we should be able to change the looks of our characters regardless if it's just one thing, like a hair color. I don't think this feature should come free, maybe we could have the wizard community unlock it, or possibly pay a deal of crowns for it.
Wizard101 already has a boosting potion to level 50, when are we going to get the most basic necessity of all? Changing our features should be in the next update, in my opinion. I see so many fellow characters complain about this constantly. I also see a handful of wizards complaining about their name, but features should be the most important priority. I say this because, all the effort that we as the players have put into these characters should not be in vain. We shouldn't have to delete our highest level wizard because we don't like their hair, and have another character replace them with better hair! It's simply ridiculous in my opinion. This may seem petty or "grow up" material, but for how long I've played this game to have not seen a possibility to change our permanent features is what I find petty.
I hope some fellow KI workers see this, and take my strong yet passionate opinion into some deep thought.

Thank you.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
26gaspetal on Dec 5, 2016 wrote:
Ever since I made my first character (and had gotten her to level 110), I've wanted to make adjustments. I probably am a bit picky about what my characters look like, but I've always wanted to change the color of her hair just once without the use of a wig. I feel like we should be able to change the looks of our characters regardless if it's just one thing, like a hair color. I don't think this feature should come free, maybe we could have the wizard community unlock it, or possibly pay a deal of crowns for it.
Wizard101 already has a boosting potion to level 50, when are we going to get the most basic necessity of all? Changing our features should be in the next update, in my opinion. I see so many fellow characters complain about this constantly. I also see a handful of wizards complaining about their name, but features should be the most important priority. I say this because, all the effort that we as the players have put into these characters should not be in vain. We shouldn't have to delete our highest level wizard because we don't like their hair, and have another character replace them with better hair! It's simply ridiculous in my opinion. This may seem petty or "grow up" material, but for how long I've played this game to have not seen a possibility to change our permanent features is what I find petty.
I hope some fellow KI workers see this, and take my strong yet passionate opinion into some deep thought.

Thank you.
I like this idea.

Many of our older wizards have a few features that, I mean come on, we taught that looked cool back then, but now that most of us are all grown up, they're well, not so cool anymore.

For instance, my max ice has blue hair! I taught that was cool back when I made him six years ago to match his school color, but blue hair? I:

A little adjustment would be nice.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Maybe they could add some kind of beauty parlour in the Shopping District where you can go to buy temporary transformations for gold (i.e. blue eyes for 48 hours), or permanent ones for Crowns (i.e. blue eyes). I'm not sure I'd use it but it'd be a nice addition.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'd Love to have this option. Half of my wizards were maxed before Mirage came out and I'm tired of walking around with the same hair style and color

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Yeah I have a couple of wizards I'd love to change.
I didn't know how important hats would be. Some hair looks better in hats than others. Some hair is also cuter than others in the game. Hard to tell that when making the wizard. I don't remember being able to zoom in or see the wizard move around in things. I admit I was also impatient.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
We asked for just this for years and got the 'wigs' instead, available for crowns only.

I would love to see additional hairstyles too since they've been the same since the beginning of the game. I don't want to spend crowns on a wig and them have to stitch it to get my stats back; and don't. This option would be much better.

At some point, it would be nice to have what we've asked for all along to be implemented. Sadly, I'm not hopeful.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2011
This would be cool.
i also wish there was simply a larger variety of hairstyles/wigs as well :/ sigh
But ik Kingsisle is trying their hardest so