Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earthquake and gameplay

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
Is there any counter for earthquake? I just got to Zafaria and the regular mobs spam earthquake SO much it's ridiculous. I can win these battles but like most things in the game it takes a ridiculous amount of time.

I feel that many of the mobs and bosses in the game are already designed to make the battles extraordinarily long and dungeons especially. I honestly don't know how anyone has the time to do most dungeons at all.

For a game actually geared for children I truly wonder if the children who play have enough time to do any dungeons at all and I've found that most of the time there is no one to team with in order to do dungeons - especially those that really need 4 wizards and when I've found 4 to play quite often players leave then the dungeon cannot be finished. I have a whole list of dungeons that I've deemed "Won't do until I am max level." The situation is beyond exasperating.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Until you hit level 110 for Indemnity and Aegis, there is no counter. As there shouldn't be, it's one of the few strengths that Myth has. And while the earlier game was geared towards younger players, in the late game the story's grown darker and the gameplay's grown harder. If Earthquake is ruining your game, then trap instead of blade. Learn Feint from Dworgyn (buy back points/wait for free member buy back), and throw a couple of those in, a few school traps, any other school/universal traps (Death's Curse, Balance's Hex, and Storm's Windstorm all come in extra handy here), and pack a couple blades to use when your enemies have <6 pips. Then use your school AoE (whichever's best for you), and a single hit (again, whichever's best for you). As a Balance, when I went through Zafaria, I wish I'd trained Feint and Tower Shield before. I used a couple Hexes, Balanceblades, Ra and Judgement. With a couple Auras and Gargantuans, of course. Zafaria's by no means easy (those Blackback Gorillas really shocked me [that much health and I have to kill 5 of them at the start of Drum Jungle? Half the mobs of Avalon are weaker!]), but it's not too difficult with the right strategy.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Use any of the following strategies for Myth enemies:

1) Use a shield or two and wait for the Myth enemies to hit and burn their pips low, then blade and hit back.
2) Use an Aura and spam them with enchanted area spells.
3) Stack traps (especially feints) on enemies.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
You can train Aegis for this purpose ... at level 110. And it protects your blades from only one earthquake.

Just use traps instead for myth mobs.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Mildred Farseer, the not-so-secret-anymore trainer in Colossus Boulevard lets you train dispels. If you have a training point to spare, spending it to get Vaporize isn't a bad idea. If you see a Myth enemy with 6+ pips (4+ if second), put a Vaporize down on it and hopefully watch as its pips, well, vaporize.

Or, if you don't want to do that (not enough training points, can't keep all the enemies dispelled when necessary, you'll have to find an opening on when you can start putting blades on. If it's possible to get hit with an Earthquake, put traps on them instead. Or cast a Global Spell, though I think a lot of Myth enemies around there like to take the bubble as well. Auras are also immune to Earthquake. You don't necessarily have to forego blades entirely, they're still useful, you just have to use them at the right time. And maybe not all of them since it is a short window before the enemies can Earthquake again.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree, teeming up and trying to have players play through dungeons can be frustrating. Even I gave up doing side dungeons for the same reason. Don't people use team-up anymore and why don't they plan the're time better? I waited for almost an hour using teem-up on a Saturday to do the last part of Azteca. I feel teem-up isn't as good as it was. Why?

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I hadn't thought of trying feint at all so I will invest in that skill. I did learn to mostly trap instead of blade with those annoying myth enemies but that doesn't really help the time invested to fight.

I'm presently using my life wizard and by far the worst enemies for life are well, life of course.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i just wait for them to cast their earthquakes, then i blade.