Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My concerns with the overpriced level 50 exlixir.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2015
Dear Kingsisle;

I would like to communicate my issues and concerns along with others in the wizarding community about the level 50 elixir.

I myself think that the level 50 elixir is overpriced. If we compare this to other level boosts this levels them up to 10 levels before the new content for the same price of $50. Where in wizard101 the boosts only levels us up to level 50 for $50. If it boosted us up to 100 for $60 all of the wizard101 community would agree a recap video could also be provided to keep people up with the games lore. I'm not directing you Kingisle to make it $60 and a boost to level 50 I would like to suggest a lower price from 15,000-20,000 or have periodic sales on throughout the year so that people will not have to revisit the grind of leveling once again or for the 3rd time beyond. I would love to pvp on a myth and life but with this overpriced boost, I will be spending most of my time grinding through the low level content rather than enjoying the new content. Instead of leveling my max balance for mirage I decided to level a death but the minute I hit Avalon everything slowed down. Please kKngsisle possibly have a sale on crowns or on the boost in the days of the spiral event.

If you have any issues with the level 50 elixir please state them down below.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
It was made, I presume (I don't actually know), as a begrudging compromise for players who want early access to new things like Astral magic, and/or want to skip the difficulties of MB (so many fights) and DS (so many weaknesses). It's there as an option that KI doesn't really want people to take, as new players in CL could cause issues often encountered on Unicorn Way for players who've tried hard to get where they are: only to be faced with 3 enemies ready to kill and a level 51 who just fled. Also, that wall of text with little-no punctuation was rather hard to understand.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I have another opinion I hope will be tolerated.

I am very grateful for the level 50 elixir. Facing the prospect of going through the same battles six times...ugh! Some were very hard for some schools because a disproportionate number of enemies in those levels seemed to be from the same school as the wizard.

I realize it is expensive but most things that are valuable are, so it's a matter of priority really. I sacrificed other things in able to spend on this game because I really enjoy this game. It isn't worth it to me to do the same battles six times in a row so it was worth it to level up the wizards.

I went without a lot of things in my lifetime and at this point in life I want to indulge on those things that make me really happy. This game is one such thing. But at the age many players are I wouldn't have been able to spend time or money here at all. So I do know what it is like.

A periodic sale maybe once a year on wizard elixir might not be a bad idea but maybe limit it to one or two per account or something. Otherwise some of us paid a whole lot and might feel dejected. But, you know what, even without a per account limit on how many they can buy, it would be Ok with me. It's just if everyone is suddenly Level 50 let's say my services at teamups are no longer in demand so that takes that fun away for me. But I wouldn't rant about it if it happened.

So maybe that could be a compromise. I think the price is OK though. They want to discourage it to some extent maybe.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Personally, I believe that the low level content is the game and I want to be playing the game, so I would never use the elixir. It kind of made me laugh when they came out with this elixir because previously I was thinking of things that could ruin the game and an elixir that skips the first arc was one of them. Yes, I understand that you have to have beaten the first arc previously to use the elixir but I just find this as a horrible thing to add. I just really have no words much for this.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I don't think its over priced at all. The level 50 elixir is basically for people who have played the story 5 different times
and know it by heart. i myself hate the idea of the elixir and i'm glad its so expensive