Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Backpack Size!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
The backpack space is way too small for crowns players and members!
For crowns players, it's 80 space.
For members, it's 150 space.
This is way too small! Come on Kingsisle! This is completely ridiculous! I have to constantly empty my back pack out like every 15 to 30 minutes because it's so small. The lowest most people can possible get their backpack space is 60 space being occupied. For crowns players, the backpack space should be 300 space, members should be 500.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Take out every piece of equipment you're not using and put it in your bank/shared bank. Then, go through both banks and decide if you actually need them in your backpack, or if you were just hoarding them there. Put all of your furniture in your house/bank/shared bank/attic. Same for seeds. Rinse and repeat with snacks, reagents, and jewels. Go to Toshio in Mooshu and get the recipes for the Seed and Gear Vaults, craft some if bank space is the issue. I currently have membership, but about a month ago I was running on just the Crowns player space and was seldom above 40 items. 300/500 are unnecessary and wasteful uses of server space. Perhaps there could be some form of increase, but it's far from needed, and certainly not to this extent.

Explorer
May 25, 2016
Your emptying your backpack 12-30 mins everyday? O.o
Well I guess backpack size would make a difference if ur constantly having to empty it. But what are you possible doing to make it fill up so quick? Is it mostly filled with your mounts?

For me I have to empty it every 2-3 days. All I have in mine are one mount, casual clothes, and battle gear. So depending on what your doing that makes it fill up so fast, I think the size is rather acceptable

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
SAR28 on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
This is way too small! Come on Kingsisle! This is completely ridiculous! I have to constantly empty my back pack out like every 15 to 30 minutes because it's so small. The lowest most people can possible get their backpack space is 60 space being occupied. For crowns players, the backpack space should be 300 space, members should be 500.
Backpack space is fine. There is no need to keep everything in it for one and a lot of what you collect in battle isn't worth keeping.

If you are keeping a lot of pets and extra mounts, turn them loose at one of your houses. If you are storing a lot of seeds, buy or craft the seed vault and gear vault for gear.

My high level wizards never keep anything more that my energy gear in the backpack plus my equipped gear for battle. Even when I first started as a free to play, I didn't have any problems.

The kind of space you are suggesting would do 2 things. 1) cause your wizard to lag when you had that much in the backpack and, 2) create a lot of issues for the servers. I don't think any of us want the servers crashing do to backpack overload.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Perhaps players should be allowed to buy a backpack expansion for crowns. This would allow crown players an option that fits their crown based playstyle that lets them play more like subscribed players. 80 really is a LOT harder to deal with than 150.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Since members get 150 backpack space, crowns players should be able to buy 150 space with 10,000 crowns, for it to stay permanent.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SAR28 on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
Why are you keeping this many items in your backpack? The game doesn't need to be changed; you need to change what you're doing (or not doing). Put items you want in your bank/shared bank and sell the rest. There is no reason to keep every single thing you get in the game.