Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weak Sidekicks

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 13, 2011
In Mirage, the sidekicks seem very insignificant compared to that of Khrysalis that most of the time you don't notice they are helping you. In Khrysalis, Dyvim Whitehart gave 50% damage and 20% resist. While in Mirage, Istar only gives 10% accuracy boost. Why are the sidekicks in Mirage so minimal in stats boost?

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 23, 2016 wrote:
In Mirage, the sidekicks seem very insignificant compared to that of Khrysalis that most of the time you don't notice they are helping you. In Khrysalis, Dyvim Whitehart gave 50% damage and 20% resist. While in Mirage, Istar only gives 10% accuracy boost. Why are the sidekicks in Mirage so minimal in stats boost?
To add to the world's already high difficult level I presume..

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
And when you could kind of use that 5% extra pierce, Ozzy suddenly realizes he needs to make some "headway" on his great literary work-in-progress, The Wizard.

Companions should be special - you fight to gain their trust, and they help you in ways you could not imagine, but they are separate entities with lives of their own, and must part ways once you have worked together to set things right in their neck of the woods.

I had hoped to see some "Wow!" factor with the companions we meet in and around Mirage. The writing is spot-on, the storyline works great. But these companions, as funny and nostalgic as they are, are not that helpful.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
I too would also like to know! Ozzy and Istar are awesome from a character and story POV, but combat-wise, they're next to useless! I mean come on, I get it's supposed to be a difficult world, but what's the point of companions in combat if they're not gonna be helping us whatsoever?

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Star Edward on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
To add to the world's already high difficult level I presume..
The world is not difficult, it's perfect