Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Balance pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
I'm really struggling to decide which is the best pet for my balance wizard. All my other wizards have pets that compliment them well. Any suggestions out there.

Thanks

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Enchanted Armament. The extra Sharpen Blade cards make Balance even more of a champion blade stacker so it helps you as an attacker and as support regardless of the role you like to play in battles.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
seethe42 on Nov 1, 2016 wrote:
Enchanted Armament. The extra Sharpen Blade cards make Balance even more of a champion blade stacker so it helps you as an attacker and as support regardless of the role you like to play in battles.
As a Balance currently using an Enchanted Armament, the 10% defence and may cast are extremely helpful as well as the Sharpen Blades.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
For pet talents I would suggest going for double universal resist and triple damage with two balance damages and one universal damage. It is hard to get this pet so it may take a while.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
If your willing to spend crowns there are a lot of great balance pets in the shop. Or I would try to hatch with someone that has universal talents.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
No no no no no no. RAin beetle is the best. It gets rid of all damage debuffs and gives you a blade for 1 pip with its card and gives multiple of them when at higher stages

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
DevinSkullStone on Nov 29, 2016 wrote:
No no no no no no. RAin beetle is the best. It gets rid of all damage debuffs and gives you a blade for 1 pip with its card and gives multiple of them when at higher stages
But with Enchanted Armament, you can stack any blade you own. With an ancient Rain Beetle and a deck holding 4 Balanceblades, you can get 4 unstackable +25% blades, and 4 attacks (removing all current blades) that give an unstackable +25% blade each. So you can get 2 +25% blades for 4 different attacks. With an ancient Enchanted Armament and the same deck, you can get 2 unstackable +25% blades, and 2 unstackable +35% blades. Not to mention the pet talents from Rain Beetle are for , and aren't particularly good, while Enchanted Armament has talents like Spell-Proof and Pain-Giver.

If you're having long fights (maybe a boss fight), or have secondary, then Storm/Rain Beetle could be better for you. But if you just keep a couple Ras in your deck, or are working in a team (35% blade to any ally), then Enchanted Armament is probably best.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 29, 2016 wrote:
But with Enchanted Armament, you can stack any blade you own. With an ancient Rain Beetle and a deck holding 4 Balanceblades, you can get 4 unstackable +25% blades, and 4 attacks (removing all current blades) that give an unstackable +25% blade each. So you can get 2 +25% blades for 4 different attacks. With an ancient Enchanted Armament and the same deck, you can get 2 unstackable +25% blades, and 2 unstackable +35% blades. Not to mention the pet talents from Rain Beetle are for , and aren't particularly good, while Enchanted Armament has talents like Spell-Proof and Pain-Giver.

If you're having long fights (maybe a boss fight), or have secondary, then Storm/Rain Beetle could be better for you. But if you just keep a couple Ras in your deck, or are working in a team (35% blade to any ally), then Enchanted Armament is probably best.
Enchanted Armament is where it's at.

When grouping with another school, use Elemental Blade or Spirit Blade according to what's best for them. Equip a Jewel of the Apiary (or another amulet with a useful blade and a sharpened blade item card).

You may now buff them with:
item card balance blade +30%
unenchanted (elemental/spirit) blade +35%
sharpen blade (elemental/spirit) blade +45%
item card sharpen blade (elemental/spirit) blade +45%
pet item card sharpen blade (elemental/spirit) blade +45%

These all stack.

If you need more blades, add in Balanceblade or Bladestorm and Reshuffles. Bladestorm works particularly well against most cheating bosses that will dispel or steal blades. Against Omen, I've been able to stack five different flavors of Bladestorm on all friends while the Dark Sentinel is still up.