Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the struggle to hatch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
I recently starting trying to get good pets and found it really hard to find someone to hatch with. idk if it is because my pet is bad or just because they dont want to. does anyone have any suggestions. ( also i dont know anyone in the game so friends are not an option) TY

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Your best access to good pets will come from a couple of places:

1) Bored max wizards.

2) Pet enthusiasts.

There's probably a fair amount of overlap between both groups.

The difference is the approach you use. In the first case, use the Join a Team button for dungeons such as Loremaster, where high level wizards frequently join in to complete their spell books. Look at their pets for talents you want (Spell-Proof and Spell-Defying are both big prizes). If you see that, ask the wizard if you can get help from them.

The other alternative is to meet the enthusiasts where they live. Here is the forum I visit for pet mixing and advice:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?102-Pet-Mixing-Meet-Ups

In either case, make sure you have 50,000 gold (more is better) socked away to cover your cost for hatching.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
one other question, atm i dont have any mega snacks left, would i not benefit as much if i just use shanta pudding or similar snacks instead of mega snacks?

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
spark127777 on Oct 25, 2016 wrote:
one other question, atm i dont have any mega snacks left, would i not benefit as much if i just use shanta pudding or similar snacks instead of mega snacks?
Pet snacks give bonus experience equal to the sum of the stat boosts. Shanta Pudding should grant 10xp per training session, a couple more if the pet likes it. This makes it about 1/3 to 1/4 as effective as a Mega Snack.

Mega snacks can be farmed in-game at Waterworks. You also get a couple as a reward for completing Mirror Lake in Zafaria.

If you garden, you can acquire plants that produce Mega Snacks. Couch Potatoes, White Tiger Lilies, and Evil Magma Peas all produce these snacks.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
Hello there! We have a wide variety of pets available for our Halloween Hatchout, over at Pet Central on Wizard101 Central! If you want to request there, it is a fast and painless process.