Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Updated Textures

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
Helloooooo, I've started playing again after at least a year or so (on Pirate now with a max Bucc) and I have to say... my nostalgia was overwhelmed with shock. I never noticed when I was younger how blurry most of the textures are, at least for older worlds like Wizard City. Not saying they look bad, but there's definitely a shift from Wizard City to Khrysalis. Will W101 ever get good textures and detail like P101? What I'm asking mostly, is will there be an overhaul or refinement of textures to match Pirate? I noticed new cinematic angles were added when talking to NPCs, like P101. That's great! It adds more life to the game, now for textures to match?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
It would be cool, but they just got done laying off quite a few people and they're gearing up for the Mirage world update at some point (did you see the spoiler on facebook today? It looks like it's going to have pretty awesome graphics). I would guess that if this ever did happen, it wouldn't be for quite a while.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
It may also occur over a long period of time instead of just all at once too. Please keep in mind that Those first few worlds were in the early days...

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
I'm really hoping they update the old worlds and spells. I feel like more current graphics will help draw people to the game and keep them here. I love the game either way, but I feel like good graphics would do it some favors.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
A lot of the original mounts need some work too. Compare any horse mount made in the last year or two vs. horse mounts in the early years. It's like it's not even the same game. Those dragon mounts are just as bad.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Problem is it would blow up if I tried to run that on my potato and same can be said for many other people

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
That would be great. Honestly, I wouldn't mind KI letting us know what time they can put aside to make it happen. A month? Shorter? Longer?

Put a really great deal up for wizards for crowns and exclusive content. Use that to help fund it.

What can players do in the meantime?

Pirate 101 exists. And if you love the game enough, you'll come back.

And you'll be glad you did.

See you in the game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
exp613 on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
It may also occur over a long period of time instead of just all at once too. Please keep in mind that Those first few worlds were in the early days...
They also only take days to get past. The work involved in redoing them all aren't likely to pay off in my opinion.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I'm pretty sure the minimal requirements for both games are the same, and my old pc handles both fine.