Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting - Never Got Started

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I have never found the ingredients in the first crafting quest.

How do I get started?

I brought (Eudora?) the branches or whatever she wanted. Then she wanted me to get more stuff and start crafting. Well whenever I have tried to do that it tells me it needs (I don't remember what but I don't have it.)

So I don't understand it. People seem to have no trouble with it so what am I missing? Thanks.

Yes I did read what I could find btw but I'm still stumped.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
After you bring Mist Wood to Eudora, she will give you a crafting table. Then she'll assign you a crafting quest to make two athames (Dagger of Absolution). Look in your quest log and there should be a quest to craft two Daggers of Absolution.

Look at the name of what you're supposed to craft. Go to Eudora and click on her for "recipes." Find the recipe for the item you're supposed to craft (Dagger of Absolution). If you didn't do it already, buy the recipe. (If you bought it already, the recipe will be greyed out.) Once you have the recipe, start gathering the ingredients you'll need and make sure to get enough for TWO. To complete this crafting assignment, you'll need a total of:

4 Sapphire gems (buy from the reagent guy next to Eudora, or from the Bazaar)
8 Black coal (buy from the reagent guy next to Eudora, or from the Bazaar)
4 Mist Wood (Collect from areas around Wizard City. Unicorn way is best, but also around any tower at the end of the streets in Fire Cat Ally, Triton Avenue, etc. Or buy at the Bazaar.)
4 Cat Tail (Collect from areas around Wizard City. Any place where there's water is best. Or buy at the Bazaar.)

Once you have enough to craft TWO daggers, set your crafting table somewhere in your home or dorm and click "X" to bring up your recipe. After you've made TWO daggers, keep them in your backpack. Go back to Eudora to turn them in.

She will give you a badge and send you off to talk to Wul'yam in Krokotopia, where you will continue learning how to craft.

Here's a beginner's guide to crafting:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?17277-Guide-to-Wizard101-Crafting-Quests-amp-Items

Good luck!
Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thank you for the excellent help, Freshta!

Much appreciated.