Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So I just spent 60,000 crowns on Knight's Lore

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
And I did not receive Deer Knight. That seems mind boggling to me. I already had catalan and Fomori, so I thought for sure out of 60k crowns I would get the Deer Knight spell. I received 2 tcs of deer knight but other than that nothing. This is quite depressing to say the least. Is the drop rate that bad or am I just incredibly unlucky?

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
As I have said before on another similar post, I have spent a lot of crowns on packs in the past, but I rarely ever get anything that useful. Personally, I think packs just aren't worth it.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
It's a matter of luck, it seems. I got Deer Knight on the third pack for my low level death wiz and got Lord of Night on the fifth pack for my higher level death wiz. Wound up crafting Deer Knight for the higher wiz. So save your Deer Knight TC. You need them to craft the spell. But I understand your frustration. I can't seem to buy a Jewel Plant without spending tons of crowns. May we both be luckier as we go forth in this game :).

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It could be coincidence, but, I have noticed there are times when I hit a lucky streak and times when no matter how many packs I buy in a row, I will get nothing useful or that I like.

I wonder if, like many online games, there isn't a time span coded in to recur at random times, in which the chances of better 'drops' or in this case better 'wins' during purchase, are higher? And most of the time, it's extremely random or lower, in regards to winning (with purchase) anything 'rare' or desirable.

It's just a hunch. I have absolutely no idea if it's all completely random.

If I were setting it up I'd do it that way if only to control how often the rare items were 'won.'

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
SparkleTude on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
It could be coincidence, but, I have noticed there are times when I hit a lucky streak and times when no matter how many packs I buy in a row, I will get nothing useful or that I like.

I wonder if, like many online games, there isn't a time span coded in to recur at random times, in which the chances of better 'drops' or in this case better 'wins' during purchase, are higher? And most of the time, it's extremely random or lower, in regards to winning (with purchase) anything 'rare' or desirable.

It's just a hunch. I have absolutely no idea if it's all completely random.

If I were setting it up I'd do it that way if only to control how often the rare items were 'won.'
Ikr? I usually have horrible luck with packs, but the other day I gifted 10 packs to my Crowns account. I wound up getting a permanent Nightmare mount and a Penumbra Dragon within the first 3 packs. In the past 5 years I've bought probably close to 200 of the Nightmare packs. Granted I did get one permanent Nightmare the first year I bought any in 2011, I'd never gotten another one since, and I'd never gotten an Penumbra Drake.

I bought a few more packs later in the day and got nothing worth mentioning. Those two items were also the only two things worth mentioning in regards to drops in all of those other packs.

I believe there may very well be some merit to you're theory about drop rates for certain items improving at certain times, but I certainly don't know what it is if it actually happens.