Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Customizing Minions!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2016
Minions has always been the most underused part of this game (Am talking about the minion spells that users get). Aside from the 0 Pip minion that Myth get, all other minions are almost not worth using since they don't always fall into the plan of what you need them to do almost all the time.

All schools have minions, but none of them are quite useful. The ones that can sometimes be useful are NO PVP.

I propose a new idea to help all wizards make their minion feel like their actual minion/companion.

For Minions spells that wizards have (The actual spell, not TCs), player's should be able to customize the minions deck.

Now minions don't have an actual deck, but having players be able to check on/off the spells that the minion will be able to use (From the list of what they already have) will make them much more useful.

Example:
I am Myth, and Golem Minion Spell (the real one)
The Golem Minion has all level 1 School Spells in it's deck.

Then I should be able to select/de-select the spells that the Golem Minion will have the next time I summon him.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Chris Legend on Oct 9, 2016 wrote:
Minions has always been the most underused part of this game (Am talking about the minion spells that users get). Aside from the 0 Pip minion that Myth get, all other minions are almost not worth using since they don't always fall into the plan of what you need them to do almost all the time.

All schools have minions, but none of them are quite useful. The ones that can sometimes be useful are NO PVP.

I propose a new idea to help all wizards make their minion feel like their actual minion/companion.

For Minions spells that wizards have (The actual spell, not TCs), player's should be able to customize the minions deck.

Now minions don't have an actual deck, but having players be able to check on/off the spells that the minion will be able to use (From the list of what they already have) will make them much more useful.

Example:
I am Myth, and Golem Minion Spell (the real one)
The Golem Minion has all level 1 School Spells in it's deck.

Then I should be able to select/de-select the spells that the Golem Minion will have the next time I summon him.
Hmm, that's actually great but how about the minion gets stronger ever time you use it so then it learns new spells, gets more health/damage/accuracy/critical/block, or just do things like not casting a imp on your triple feints.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
As a myth, I love this idea. the minions should also grow with you. for example, at Max level trolls are still useful because they're cheap and can cause like 1k damage because of your stats, where as a minion's trolls still only do like 300. Maybe the minion can gain a fraction of your stats. Also, the current way to control minions is extremely clunky. what are the chances you're going to cast a minion spell and happen to have a generate threat spell along with that? maybe it should be stream lined where you can select who your minion will target. this also gets rid of no one using minions because they use up feints

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
These are all good ideas! However, if you got the ability to choose who your minion targeted, that wouldn't exactly solve the ruining traps problem. What if all the enemies have traps?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Anything to do with customizing or dyeing, I love.

Great idea.

I lurve my minions (the ones I have so far.)

Storm Minion though. Can I take a moment? KI please look into the Storm Minions.
I'm sure miles vary but in my experience, the Storm Minion has been through a hurricane and landed upside down.

First, it blades itself. Then, it heals itself. Rinse and repeat. It has healed itself up to 5 times while my wizard is down to almost no health. And by the way...the whole time the Minion has full health.

It never attacks and it never helps me. What is it for?!

Please get the poor Storm Minion some expert care. Thank you

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
SparkleTude on Oct 28, 2016 wrote:
Anything to do with customizing or dyeing, I love.

Great idea.

I lurve my minions (the ones I have so far.)

Storm Minion though. Can I take a moment? KI please look into the Storm Minions.
I'm sure miles vary but in my experience, the Storm Minion has been through a hurricane and landed upside down.

First, it blades itself. Then, it heals itself. Rinse and repeat. It has healed itself up to 5 times while my wizard is down to almost no health. And by the way...the whole time the Minion has full health.

It never attacks and it never helps me. What is it for?!

Please get the poor Storm Minion some expert care. Thank you
the low level storm minion, has 0 damaging spells... it's tactic is to shield itself, keep it's heal up, then taunt..... it's a generic ice wizard for you..... you get the lvl 75 minion... it's a storm minion... storm lords, tempest, blades, traps, shields.... it's what a minion should be...

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
camahawk on Oct 29, 2016 wrote:
the low level storm minion, has 0 damaging spells... it's tactic is to shield itself, keep it's heal up, then taunt..... it's a generic ice wizard for you..... you get the lvl 75 minion... it's a storm minion... storm lords, tempest, blades, traps, shields.... it's what a minion should be...
"It's what a minion should be."

Not in my opinion. Your opinion differs and that's fine :)

The other minions actually do things that help. Selfishly focusing on itself so it can worthlessly taunt...it's a worthless minion, in my opinion. A minion is there to serve, not to uselessly heal its fully healthy self, and uselessly taunt.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Fable Finder on Oct 28, 2016 wrote:
These are all good ideas! However, if you got the ability to choose who your minion targeted, that wouldn't exactly solve the ruining traps problem. What if all the enemies have traps?
It's a focus thing, I'm personally a myth so the only traps I actually get mad about are a ton of feints on the boss. I'd be OK with my minion besting on another minion, I just don't want it to ruin speed killing the boss, so I think targeting is just fine

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
SparkleTude on Oct 29, 2016 wrote:

The other minions actually do things that help. Selfishly focusing on itself so it can worthlessly taunt...it's a worthless minion, in my opinion. A minion is there to serve, not to uselessly heal its fully healthy self, and uselessly taunt.
i was saying the lvl 75 storm minion is what a minion should be.... a secondary wizard for you.... the lvl 18 one on the other hand.....

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
camahawk on Oct 30, 2016 wrote:
i was saying the lvl 75 storm minion is what a minion should be.... a secondary wizard for you.... the lvl 18 one on the other hand.....
Ah ok sorry :)

Yeah the first minion which is the only one I knew/know of so far...

it's useless imo.

I removed all those minion cards from my deck. I have a pet that can cast a death minion and a pet that can cast a balance minion, now. But I usually use the nightmare horse pet because it can cast meteors. Comes in very handy at my level of skill and experience.

I still wish to ask KI to consider improving the storm minion, as I do not think anyone should have to wait until level 75 to get a decent minion. By then some will quit.

Storm fizzles a lot so it could use the help.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SparkleTude on Oct 31, 2016 wrote:
Ah ok sorry :)

Yeah the first minion which is the only one I knew/know of so far...

it's useless imo.

I removed all those minion cards from my deck. I have a pet that can cast a death minion and a pet that can cast a balance minion, now. But I usually use the nightmare horse pet because it can cast meteors. Comes in very handy at my level of skill and experience.

I still wish to ask KI to consider improving the storm minion, as I do not think anyone should have to wait until level 75 to get a decent minion. By then some will quit.

Storm fizzles a lot so it could use the help.
It's not useless at low levels. It does what it's supposed to do for a storm wizard at that level. It draws attention away from the wizard so the wizard can build up pips and buff up while the creatures attack it instead. That's why it shields and heals itself. It's so it can last long enough for you to build a real attack.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
seethe42 on Oct 31, 2016 wrote:
It's not useless at low levels. It does what it's supposed to do for a storm wizard at that level. It draws attention away from the wizard so the wizard can build up pips and buff up while the creatures attack it instead. That's why it shields and heals itself. It's so it can last long enough for you to build a real attack.
In my opinion it's useless. In my opinion it should heal me, not itself, especially not if it's already 100 percent healthy with no damage. In my opinion, it should shield me as well as itself and much more often than itself, since I can cast another minion but the minion cannot cast another me. In my opinion, taunt does nothing; the enemies still attack my wizard. In my opinion the storm minion is a waste of pips to cast.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
SparkleTude on Nov 1, 2016 wrote:
In my opinion it's useless. In my opinion it should heal me, not itself, especially not if it's already 100 percent healthy with no damage. In my opinion, it should shield me as well as itself and much more often than itself, since I can cast another minion but the minion cannot cast another me. In my opinion, taunt does nothing; the enemies still attack my wizard. In my opinion the storm minion is a waste of pips to cast.
easy way to fix it.... give it a natural hit.... jut something for some reliability.... but the natural has to not be base, in the effect of it taking traps...

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree. that minion is useless. I cast it several times and it did nothing except protecting itself and for what? It doesn't even draw attention away from my wizard. As long as it doesn't attack, shield or heal me, the creature doesn't feel it's a threat. so the minion is ignored. People who say different doesn't know what they're talking about.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
I agree. that minion is useless. I cast it several times and it did nothing except protecting itself and for what? It doesn't even draw attention away from my wizard. As long as it doesn't attack, shield or heal me, the creature doesn't feel it's a threat. so the minion is ignored. People who say different doesn't know what they're talking about.
It does draw attacks with it's taunt and healing. It needs to be cast first round to really be effective. It's not effective in battles less than 4 rounds because 2nd round it appears and shields, 3rd it taunts, so it's 4th round that they start focusing on it. It's useful in solo boss fights that will take you more than 4 rounds to setup. Just because you don't understand how to use something doesn't make it useless. You really should stop the generalizations about what people know and what everyone thinks. You don't speak for everyone and really don't know what you're talking about on this.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
SparkleTude on Oct 29, 2016 wrote:

Taunting makes the enemies attack the minion. It deflects the attacks from the storm wizard.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/water-elemental-improvements-8ad6a417537e7c1a0153af8996b53041

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
Thank you Patrick. I really appreciate it.

My Myth wizard's Myth minion is completely different and yet iirc they got a minion at about the same time. The Myth minion seems to actually 'think' - it heals my wizard if it's gotten too low; it attacks the enemies regularly; it blades my wizard and shields my wizard; it's very helpful and enhances my battle chances greatly. It also heals itself or blades itself but that's fine; I want it to. Then I don't have to. But its first priority seems to be my wizard, then the battle, in a close second or a tie.

If it's the cyclops minion, it often will give me two pips as well. Very happy when that happens. Thanks to the Myth minion, battles that might drag on are about half or less the length in time.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
camahawk on Nov 1, 2016 wrote:
easy way to fix it.... give it a natural hit.... jut something for some reliability.... but the natural has to not be base, in the effect of it taking traps...
Thanks. What is a "natural hit" please?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SparkleTude on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
A natural hit is the creature equivalent to a wizard's wand. Like when they walk out and punch or stab you instead of casting a regular spell.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Natural_Attack_(Cronus_Ice)

Also, did you see the other topic I linked, about improvements to the water elemental?

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Natural hit.... your wands.... where an opponent pops on the feild and hits you.... them "naturally hitting" you... if you look up a boss and it says Natural Hit with a little purple monster head..... thats what it is

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
It does draw attacks with it's taunt and healing. It needs to be cast first round to really be effective. It's not effective in battles less than 4 rounds because 2nd round it appears and shields, 3rd it taunts, so it's 4th round that they start focusing on it. It's useful in solo boss fights that will take you more than 4 rounds to setup. Just because you don't understand how to use something doesn't make it useless. You really should stop the generalizations about what people know and what everyone thinks. You don't speak for everyone and really don't know what you're talking about on this.
I'm glad it works for you but is doesn't work for me and many others who said it's useless. I never said I speak for everyone. I said "I speak on others behalf from what they told me meaning I'm support their words and it's my right. The word "others behalf " does not mean "everyone". Yes I do understand how the spell works. For me being a storm I used it several time and gave it a good chance so how can you say different. Yes, I do understand what I'm talking about. Your opinion was noted for rudeness towards me. Again, please read my posts more careful before you say something about me. I don't need to be pick on by you. Please stop!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Thank you Patrick. I really appreciate it.

My Myth wizard's Myth minion is completely different and yet iirc they got a minion at about the same time. The Myth minion seems to actually 'think' - it heals my wizard if it's gotten too low; it attacks the enemies regularly; it blades my wizard and shields my wizard; it's very helpful and enhances my battle chances greatly. It also heals itself or blades itself but that's fine; I want it to. Then I don't have to. But its first priority seems to be my wizard, then the battle, in a close second or a tie.

If it's the cyclops minion, it often will give me two pips as well. Very happy when that happens. Thanks to the Myth minion, battles that might drag on are about half or less the length in time.
You're welcome! I agree, The Myth minion is awesome in battle. I also use it to replace the storm, "summon water element". Plus minions that taunts doesn't always work.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thanks for the info on "natural hit" everyone. I had not heard of that before.

FableFinder asked: "Also, did you see the other topic I linked, about improvements to the water elemental?"

Fable: We (2 Nov) posted only 2 hours apart and so yours had not appeared when last I posted (I replied to everyone who had newly posted, at that time, in my 2 Nov post) so, no ;)

I'm not huge on links vs. personal replies but I do appreciate the help always.