Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Porting thoughts

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 25, 2015
so I was on wiz the other day and some people ported to me and ported away and the port sounds are all the same which is nothing new. My idea : I feel like the port sounds should be different according to what school you are. For example, life's port sound would be a faint sound of bird sounds chirping kind of like the back ground music in the life school in ravenwood... the original sounds would still be heard But less prominent than the school specific sounds

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
nick the wiz on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
so I was on wiz the other day and some people ported to me and ported away and the port sounds are all the same which is nothing new. My idea : I feel like the port sounds should be different according to what school you are. For example, life's port sound would be a faint sound of bird sounds chirping kind of like the back ground music in the life school in ravenwood... the original sounds would still be heard But less prominent than the school specific sounds
This sounds like a really cool idea! I do agree that the current porting sounds should be kept and then the extra sound effects would be added. This is because if the current sound wasn't kept, you could just be hearing birds in that world's scenery. Here are some ideas for each school:
Storm: Thunder/Lightning sounds
Fire: Crackling
Balance: Sandstorm/Judgement sound?
Death: Maybe the sound of the wraith spell when it sounds like it's whispering
Myth: This is a hard one- Maybe the humungofrog sounds?
Ice: The sound effect of the freezebite spell

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
Nickenator800 on Oct 8, 2016 wrote:
This sounds like a really cool idea! I do agree that the current porting sounds should be kept and then the extra sound effects would be added. This is because if the current sound wasn't kept, you could just be hearing birds in that world's scenery. Here are some ideas for each school:
Storm: Thunder/Lightning sounds
Fire: Crackling
Balance: Sandstorm/Judgement sound?
Death: Maybe the sound of the wraith spell when it sounds like it's whispering
Myth: This is a hard one- Maybe the humungofrog sounds?
Ice: The sound effect of the freezebite spell
Mmm hmm exactly I feel like it would be fun to have

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Nice idea.

It might also be nice if there was a different port sound for different friends. Maybe one sound for True Friends, one sound for new friends...Any other ideas?

Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Champion
Jan 25, 2015
exp613 on Oct 11, 2016 wrote:
I do like the regular port sounds as is.
I do too.. it's actually fun to listen to... I just wish there was some type of difference to add diversity I guess

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
This would be an amazing idea and gives individuality to the different Wizard Schools!

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
i mean it would rather be god to add, ii mean every school already has a porrting anmation that flies out of them

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
nick the wiz on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
Pretty cool idea! Would be also useful for example if you're at bazaar shopping, not being able to see the screen beyond the shopping menu too much and a friend ports, you won't be figuring out who that was for much long since the sound would help to narrow down your search that much.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2009
SparkleTude on Oct 10, 2016 wrote:
Nice idea.

It might also be nice if there was a different port sound for different friends. Maybe one sound for True Friends, one sound for new friends...Any other ideas?
Or maybe Now its different For the New symbols now or maybe Groups like the stars all sound same and all the gems sound the same and the faces the same and things like that.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Wizard Master Havo... on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
Or maybe Now its different For the New symbols now or maybe Groups like the stars all sound same and all the gems sound the same and the faces the same and things like that.
Nice addition! Then people could choose who has exactly which sound.
I dunno if it would add more coding and bloat but maybe not! It would be a cool thing to experiment with.
Someone mentioned people porting to you in bazaar - that happens a lo for some reason?! And I can't see who it is. Kind of always freaks me out for a split second. I don't know everyone on my friend list, I accept a lot of randoms.

Speaking of which someone kept porting to me the other day but would not say hello or anything at all (and I used the menu and free chat both.) I finally deleted them, they kept going to my houses and wandering around not saying a thing - and I had never even spoken to them in the past either. Lol

Survivor
Dec 02, 2009
SparkleTude on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
Nice addition! Then people could choose who has exactly which sound.
I dunno if it would add more coding and bloat but maybe not! It would be a cool thing to experiment with.
Someone mentioned people porting to you in bazaar - that happens a lo for some reason?! And I can't see who it is. Kind of always freaks me out for a split second. I don't know everyone on my friend list, I accept a lot of randoms.

Speaking of which someone kept porting to me the other day but would not say hello or anything at all (and I used the menu and free chat both.) I finally deleted them, they kept going to my houses and wandering around not saying a thing - and I had never even spoken to them in the past either. Lol
that's Bothersome I feel like you should say hi every time you go to your friends because its just kind first of all second lot of times friend ships I have are me helping the other person plus its just Courteous.

But yes I thought the customizable Porting things might be cool the other thing maybe you should be able to customize in on the other side Maybe be able to change it entirely could make different port animations and make them either craftable, farmable, pack, or pay straight up crowns for them and then you could have your own unique animation.