Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

J u m p i n g - B a c k - a n d - F o r t h -

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Does anyone ever log into Wiz and feel like "What am I logging in to do today?" Like, the feeling that you want to play but there is no greater goal then to just make progress. Like the feeling of playing just to be immersed in the worlds and all their beauty has been lost or reduced to (sometimes) bland gameplay. Or other wizards just running to and fro to- wherever.

I dunno, maybe I'm just rambling or maybe I've lost touch with this game. I've come to the point where it's clear I have those ups and downs in life where you are having a great time in life and don't need wiz, then you remember all your good times in wiz and decide to play it again. While your playing it again, you have a great time until- you don't. Playing eventually becomes tiresome and somewhat unproductive. So you come to the decision to leave and enjoy more of your real life again.

And the cycle goes on infinitely. I'm not sure; I'm at the point where I feel the desire to break yet again from wiz, but I'll know I'll miss it and probably come back within 1 or 2 years undoubtably. I mean, I'm in my second year of college and I'm loving life no doubt, but- aie. I'm just really confused with why this happens.

Anyway ha that's life with Wizard101, am I right?

I'm really curious if you guys ever feel like this sometimes! Leave a reply, all comments or stories welcome- sad or happy.

We're all wizards not just going through a game, but also real life and I want to make sure I live it to the fullest, don't you?

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
You get bored of the game after a while. I think a lot of people do. Nothing to feel bad about, take a break from wiz. Maybe after an update or two you'll get that urge to release your inner wizard again. I have taken many breaks over the years, sounds like you should too.

See ya when you get back.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
True.
I usually get bored of one game then go playing another after 2-6 months.
I came back to playing Wizard101 when I got my membership but still be playing afterwards and now i am
high level ill be doing tier 1 winterbane SOLO!

Valdus SpellCaster, Level 64

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Yeah, most of the time. I log in almost every day, and more often than not it feels like it's out of habit instead of because I really want to. I mean I want to play the game, but being in Khrysalis I know what awaits me, and I'm tired before I even start. I don't know how many times I've been playing and fallen asleep in my chair waiting for the spell animation sequences to end before the next round started.

I want to take a break, but at the same time I don't. I want to keep playing, I just have a hard time motivating myself to do anything once I'm logged in. For me that's the frustrating part is wanting to do something and not wanting to do something all at the same time.

It's all the time you spend logged into the game where you're doing absolutely nothing that drives me nuts. You have a 5 minute duel with a street mob and all you've contributed to actually playing is about 20 seconds of selecting cards. The rest of the time is spent just watching extended animation sequences. Blah! It's why I hate it when people join my duels. Along comes another enemy with full pips with a big spell to slow things down even more. Same with boss cheats. So much wasted time.