Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

membership question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2016
i have a 12 month membership plan but i was wondering if i was to cancel the membership, would it cancel the entire 12 months or just the rest of what i have left? and am i charged monthly or in one single payment of $80 AUD? i want to end my membership and buy the areas but i'm not sure that if i end my membership i won't be able to reactivate it again & all my money would go to waste. please enlighten me.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
When you cancel your membership, all it does is make it so you will not get charged again when your 12 months is up. You will still have the rest of your 12 month membership if you cancel it.

No, you will only be billed every 12 months 80 AUD, not every month. But if you cancel your membership, you will not be billed every 12 months but you will STILL have the rest of your 12 months membership to use.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
cansupirbudak on Sep 29, 2016 wrote:
i have a 12 month membership plan but i was wondering if i was to cancel the membership, would it cancel the entire 12 months or just the rest of what i have left? and am i charged monthly or in one single payment of $80 AUD? i want to end my membership and buy the areas but i'm not sure that if i end my membership i won't be able to reactivate it again & all my money would go to waste. please enlighten me.
Memberships are not refundable unless there are technical issues and can't be resolved. If you have any questions, contact costumer support by going in to your book, click option (esc), then click help, That will take you to costumer support. Click contact us on the upper part of your screen and text your message. Make sure you are logged in first.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2016
MalvinHawkRunner on Sep 29, 2016 wrote:
When you cancel your membership, all it does is make it so you will not get charged again when your 12 months is up. You will still have the rest of your 12 month membership if you cancel it.

No, you will only be billed every 12 months 80 AUD, not every month. But if you cancel your membership, you will not be billed every 12 months but you will STILL have the rest of your 12 months membership to use.
so how can i reactivate it if i cancel it?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
cansupirbudak on Oct 1, 2016 wrote:
If you cancel it and then later choose to renew it, you'll just have to renew it manually by going to the Upgrade Membership page and buying another membership.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2015
When you purchase a 12 month membership your are charged 80$ on a 12 month recurring pay cycle. Meaning every 12 months you will be charged 80 dollars. If you cancel your membership 6 months through the membership will still last the entire 12 months but it wont be automatically purchased again when it expires.

If you choose to start paying for it again before it ends it will pay for membership again once the duration of your membership ends.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
cansupirbudak on Oct 1, 2016 wrote:
To reactivate it again, just buy another membership when the 12 months is up.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2016
seethe42 on Oct 1, 2016 wrote:
If you cancel it and then later choose to renew it, you'll just have to renew it manually by going to the Upgrade Membership page and buying another membership.
so i have to buy another $80 12 month membership? or it will continue from where i left off

Survivor
Sep 18, 2016
Joseph NightGlade on Oct 1, 2016 wrote:
When you purchase a 12 month membership your are charged 80$ on a 12 month recurring pay cycle. Meaning every 12 months you will be charged 80 dollars. If you cancel your membership 6 months through the membership will still last the entire 12 months but it wont be automatically purchased again when it expires.

If you choose to start paying for it again before it ends it will pay for membership again once the duration of your membership ends.
so i'm being charged $80 per month?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
cansupirbudak on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
so i'm being charged $80 per month?
No it's $80 per year. ONE payment every 12 months.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2016
seethe42 on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
No it's $80 per year. ONE payment every 12 months.
okay, so if i cancel my 12 month membership and i've only used a month, how can i reactivate it to use the rest of the 11 months? do i have to pay $80 again? or will i be of free charge?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
cansupirbudak on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
okay, so if i cancel my 12 month membership and i've only used a month, how can i reactivate it to use the rest of the 11 months? do i have to pay $80 again? or will i be of free charge?
Cancelling it won't change anything except that it won't automatically renew in 11 months. Cancelling doesn't change your membership status, it only cancels the automatic renewal.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Understand this.

If you cancel it a month in, you will STILL have your 11 months after you cancel it! You will just not be charged $8- more year anymore.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
I should also add this. You do NOT reactivate it after you cancel it because it's still active.