Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avalon, AKA boss overload

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2014
Am I just bad? I soloed everything but I died 1 or 2 times on almost each boss before killing them... I can't do this anymore lol. Every second quest is a boss. At this point im BEGGING for a kill and collect quest.

Is there a good strategy to soloing as a fire wiz?

Hero
May 07, 2015
hi Nicole! I have a question, do you have a enchanted armmant pet?

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Nicole ShadowSong on Sep 29, 2016 wrote:
Am I just bad? I soloed everything but I died 1 or 2 times on almost each boss before killing them... I can't do this anymore lol. Every second quest is a boss. At this point im BEGGING for a kill and collect quest.

Is there a good strategy to soloing as a fire wiz?
Not really any good strategy other than to train death up to feint (do do more damage), train ice up to tower shield (do take less damage), any star spell (more specifically Fortify or Amplify), and life up to satyr (to heal more than fairy). Also it is good (but optional) if you did the Sir Agravaine quest that gets you a *kinda useless* fire spell, you'll get a better *harder* spell quest that gets you a good trap spell that's X-Pip.

In terms of gear, the Firestarter Gear from Waterworks in Crab Alley is the best, as it gives fire damage, fire critical rating, and universal resistance (around +25%). Also, a Life Mastery Amulet is good if you want to heal more often.

Really the only good stuff is in Waterworks and Tower of the Helephant.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I would suggest using waterworks gear and getting a pet with double resist and some sort of offensive talents. Also in your deck do not make it too big. Big deck means you can't find anything. Put in the amount of blades it takes to one shot both the minion and the boss. Make sure you are enchanting you kill hit which in your case I would highly suggest being dragon. Normally when I am solo questing I won't even bother with shields because I kill the boss before it can even damage me too much. Sometimes I will pack a heal or two just in case.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Also, tc blades or hits can be very useful.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
As others have said, Waterworks gear is great stuff. Farm up a set with others, if possible.

Death school through Feint also comes with a decent double 70% shield against Life and Myth. Ice comes with both Tower Shield and the 70% Fire / Storm. Use these shields whenever you come across enemies of both types. I recall many fights with Storm and Fire enemies where these made it far easier to win.

Pick up a Jewel of the Feint in the Bazaar. The item card Feint from this amulet stacks with the Feint spell. Stack these on an enemy and you'll be able to kill it fast.

When fighting a boss + minion, kill the minion first. Reshuffle, then feint up and hammer the boss.

When fighting Ice enemies or other enemies that like to cast Tower Shield, instead use your best ongoing damage spells. Throw frequent pixies and sprites on yourself and keep shields up while the enemy is burned to a crisp.

Hero
May 07, 2015
sun girl1122 on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
hi Nicole! I have a question, do you have a enchanted armmant pet?
my way of questing is: enchanted element blade, normal element blade, enchanted fire blade, normal fire blade, wait a round or too if needed than use my most powerful spell, which at the moment is rain of fire because I cannot defeat tolkemec in cenote Azteca for sun serpent,

also feinting and water works gear and tc blade will help.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2015
The key to soloing bosses in Avalon is being prepared. I died the first few times, until I got strategy.
1. Have waterworks or other high resist gear.
2. Get a ring with the best critical block that works for your character.
3. Small deck with reshuffle instead of a ton of cards. It should be more than your mob deck, but I found with 3 everything except enchants and heals, I usually did okay, and sometimes had too many cards.
4. Strategy. Use tc, cleasne is super important, pack sheilds of the school in your deck and use them when the creature has a ton of pips.

Basically preparedness is key.
I hope Avalon works well for you!