Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns for Crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2013
I got to thinking about how the crowns gear works. You can get it from bosses all over the spiral and in most cases they are fairly rare drops. What I don't like is that it's crowns for gold. What I mean by that is crowns gear is sold in exchange for gold and we all know gold is much less valuable than crowns in the spiral. Sure, it's a free drop, but if I don't need the gear, why can't I get out of it what it's worth? Why can't we get crowns for crowns gear. Even if it's only a 10th or even a hundredth of the buying price. For example: a piece of crowns gear worth 6000 crowns in the crowns shop would be exchanged for 600 crowns or even just 60 crowns. 600 crowns sounds great, but I personally would be fine with 60 crowns as crowns are very valuable in the game and I spend all my money on membership. For me, crowns are a rarity. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for the free crowns videos and trivia crowns, but those just aren't cutting it. I personally think the players would enjoy it much more if they could still enjoy the game and earn crowns at the same time rather than sit and watch some irrelevant video and spend 15 minutes to earn 100 crowns. It takes 4 days to buy a standard pack and a lot of players would agree when I say that makes the game much less than it could be. I would like to see what y'all think about this.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Because crowns represent real money. What you are basically asking for is free money. It's basically like getting a coupon for free fries at McDonald's and thinking you should be able to trade it in for $2 cash instead of the free fries. Appreciate your free gift for what it is, FREE. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
seethe42 on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
Because crowns represent real money. What you are basically asking for is free money. It's basically like getting a coupon for free fries at McDonald's and thinking you should be able to trade it in for $2 cash instead of the free fries. Appreciate your free gift for what it is, FREE. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Also people who have No Auction crowns gear could probably exploit this idea by farming something like Jade Oni.
A better idea would be refunds, where you give up the gear you want refunded (must be BOUGHT from the Crowns Shop and not dropped) and you get all of the crowns you used to buy the item. The only flaw would be a time limit for refunding, maybe about 1 week or so.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Cookie Monster542 on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
I got to thinking about how the crowns gear works. You can get it from bosses all over the spiral and in most cases they are fairly rare drops. What I don't like is that it's crowns for gold. What I mean by that is crowns gear is sold in exchange for gold and we all know gold is much less valuable than crowns in the spiral. Sure, it's a free drop, but if I don't need the gear, why can't I get out of it what it's worth? Why can't we get crowns for crowns gear. Even if it's only a 10th or even a hundredth of the buying price. For example: a piece of crowns gear worth 6000 crowns in the crowns shop would be exchanged for 600 crowns or even just 60 crowns. 600 crowns sounds great, but I personally would be fine with 60 crowns as crowns are very valuable in the game and I spend all my money on membership. For me, crowns are a rarity. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for the free crowns videos and trivia crowns, but those just aren't cutting it. I personally think the players would enjoy it much more if they could still enjoy the game and earn crowns at the same time rather than sit and watch some irrelevant video and spend 15 minutes to earn 100 crowns. It takes 4 days to buy a standard pack and a lot of players would agree when I say that makes the game much less than it could be. I would like to see what y'all think about this.
I know what you mean and it'a a good thought. But there's one problem with that. Crowns to crowns can be taken advantage of by players knowing where the crown item drops are. All they have to do is farm those bosses or areas and can easily get hundreds even a few thousands of crowns a day which is great but KI may frown on that idea. I can see your point that something needs to be done to make crown items more affordable to all plays. I would like to see more crown items available in gold specially the one shot dungeons