Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which Traps are activated first?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
I want to go for the One in a Million badge but I was wondering.

If I were to place a prism: (Storm to Myth)
Should I place a Myth Trap first, or place the Prism first then the Myth Trap?

At the start of the battle should I Storm Trap first, Prism first, or Myth Trap first?
Someone help me out.
Thanks!

Valdus SpellCaster, Level 52
Generous BlazeJackson (p101) Level 53

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Traps, shields and prisms trigger in reverse order of casting. Last cast = first triggered. So when using a attack with a prism you would place all traps first, then the prism, then all traps.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
If it is storm to myth prism this is how it goes.

Myth traps, prisms, Storm traps

Hope you get your badge!

Alexander Dragondreamer 110
Alexander Stormdreamer 73

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
The traps are used up in the order of the most recent ones cast to the oldest ones.

Do Myth traps first, then the Storm prism, then the storm traps.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
You need to put up Myth Traps first, then put up your Prism, followed by your Storm Traps.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2014
When you cast a trap, that is the trap that will activate last, so if if you know which order you want them to go in, do it backwards.

for example, you were wondering if you would place a storm trap, prism, or myth trap first, you need to have the myth trap go first, so that will go after the prism so the myth trap activates, then the storm trap so it goes first and boosts your damage.

Belgrim Deathgem lvl 73

i hope i helped

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
First place your myth traps and any feints, hexes or curses you have, then the storm-to-myth prism.

Next place your storm traps plus additional feints, hexes and curses.

When you cast the spell, all the storm traps and last traps you placed will activate first; then the prism; and then the newly converted myth damage will activate the other traps plus the myth traps.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Thanks!

Thank you all for the help !

Valdus SpellCaster, Level 54

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
nirvair150 on Sep 17, 2016 wrote:
I want to go for the One in a Million badge but I was wondering.

If I were to place a prism: (Storm to Myth)
Should I place a Myth Trap first, or place the Prism first then the Myth Trap?

At the start of the battle should I Storm Trap first, Prism first, or Myth Trap first?
Someone help me out.
Thanks!

Valdus SpellCaster, Level 52
Generous BlazeJackson (p101) Level 53
Since it appears you are going against a Storm Foe for this badge, there is one thing everyone forgot to mention. That enemy is going to throw up a Myth Shield as soon as it can. Be sure to have at least 1 Pierce in hand to use before you actually do the attack. Otherwise, all the Myth traps and prism you have in place will be useless if the enemy gets that shield up before you get the prism in place.

But the order is correct. Myth Traps first, prism, then storm traps along with feints, curse, and hex.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
Since it appears you are going against a Storm Foe for this badge, there is one thing everyone forgot to mention. That enemy is going to throw up a Myth Shield as soon as it can. Be sure to have at least 1 Pierce in hand to use before you actually do the attack. Otherwise, all the Myth traps and prism you have in place will be useless if the enemy gets that shield up before you get the prism in place.

But the order is correct. Myth Traps first, prism, then storm traps along with feints, curse, and hex.
Nah,
I am converting for extra traps, im gonna do harvest lord since there is no free Storm Boss in the game in free areas.
Only Kraken and that being said other people can join.
I am doing it after membership, focusing on questing and getting good gear.
Going to do waterworks today!!!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
nirvair150 on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
Nah,
I am converting for extra traps, im gonna do harvest lord since there is no free Storm Boss in the game in free areas.
Only Kraken and that being said other people can join.
I am doing it after membership, focusing on questing and getting good gear.
Going to do waterworks today!!!
If you want to fight a storm creature, do Foulgaze. Kill Foulgaze quickly, then buff up for his Field Guard minion. It gets a +20% myth boost. Most wizard city bosses only get +10-20% anyways. Bring some pierce TC though, he does cast myth shield sometimes. Good luck on the million.