Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 College.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Yesterday I was playing with my storm, doing the sirens quest. Halston has you head to celestial to talk to a fellow dog there. Her final speech is, "Tell Balstrom hi I haven't seen him since college, go Sparks! "
This says there are colleges in the spiral, assuming they are like normal colleges they have frats. I am guessing each frat is based off one of the schools. But where would this college be? Based off the way the marleybonian said it she sounded happy, where could they put a college that was entirely threatened by monsters? Why haven't we encountered this college? It can't be the arcanum, it's too sophisticated to have frats like the sparks. Thoughts?

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
201X 9/20/16 Wizard101 College is now in Wizard101!
ok mom im off to college
mom: wait a second
WIZARD101 COLLEGE FTW
dalia: "Ok class first we learn what this thing does and that thing does and blah blah blah" ugh gotta log off im not doing this been on this enough 5 seconds later Dalia: We can do that later lets learn how to be a wizard101 warlord beast!

First semester "everyone logs off and trolls halstrom " Ok everyone now we will....." wizard: I can't believe those group of jerks just did that now we have to wait 30 miniutes for nothing wait now i need to log off

FOOD FIGHT! "what no fair that guy has a lvl 110 wizard on their side

yo whats going on dalia is teaching in college but on my other account shes at the class doing nothing
college = chaos

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
XaZeRs on Sep 15, 2016 wrote:
Yesterday I was playing with my storm, doing the sirens quest. Halston has you head to celestial to talk to a fellow dog there. Her final speech is, "Tell Balstrom hi I haven't seen him since college, go Sparks! "
This says there are colleges in the spiral, assuming they are like normal colleges they have frats. I am guessing each frat is based off one of the schools. But where would this college be? Based off the way the marleybonian said it she sounded happy, where could they put a college that was entirely threatened by monsters? Why haven't we encountered this college? It can't be the arcanum, it's too sophisticated to have frats like the sparks. Thoughts?
Well, not everyone in the spiral is a Wizard and while Halston is a Diviner originally he went to school to become an Engineer in Marleybone. I imagine that this is where your Marleybonian friend met Halston was when they were both studying to be engineers. I don't think that this school would have anything really to do with magic, but would be more of a traditional college and probably located in Marleybone. It's probably like "Ox-Ford: School of Engineering" and taught by a bunch of oxen or something! :D You can learn more about Professor Balestrom's past here.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
exp613 on Sep 17, 2016 wrote:
Well, not everyone in the spiral is a Wizard and while Halston is a Diviner originally he went to school to become an Engineer in Marleybone. I imagine that this is where your Marleybonian friend met Halston was when they were both studying to be engineers. I don't think that this school would have anything really to do with magic, but would be more of a traditional college and probably located in Marleybone. It's probably like "Ox-Ford: School of Engineering" and taught by a bunch of oxen or something! :D You can learn more about Professor Balestrom's past here.
Yes I knew about Mr. Balestrom's past, however I forgot about the engineering part, so thank you. But why would she tell, Go sparks? It can't be a coincidence he eventually becomes a storm teacher.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Fraternities and sororities are usually named after Greek letters. I'm guessing Sparks would be the school's athletics team name. Like how you have the Fighting Camels at Campbell University, or the Huskies at the University of Saskatchewan.