Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WaterWorks drop rate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
So I have run Water works over thirty times and still haven't gotten the boots people got it in three or four runs but seriously in total i have done it thirty nine times and still haven't got boots people i farm with even say they haven't gotten boots at all i don't know if this is a glitch or something but i would love some answers

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
I'm not sure about this; drop rates in any dungeon seem to vary widely from person to person. I haven't done any statistical analysis on drops, but I highly doubt that it's due to coincidence.

The "unfairness" is not limited to drops; some players go first more often than others. I've also observed runs where I've gone first or second many times in a row, but I haven't kept any track yet.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
It's all random.

I suggest crafting the shoes of whatever world you're currently in.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I've been having the same issue! Glad to know it's not just me.
I've ran the dungeon on my Life about 10-15 times over the last few days and have literally not received even one piece of water works gear. I feel like that's not normal for this dungeon. I have fully equipped 2 other wizards years ago, without any problems.

Is it possible that something happened to the drop rate with a recent update, professors? Perhaps unintentionally?

Other people I'm running the dungeon with are getting their gear, but I can't seem to get mine at all.
This may be something that needs to be looked into on an individual basis, as I feel some wizards may be "marked" by some type of glitch that is preventing drops. I know that seems unlikely, but trust me, I've seen crazier things happen in all my years in the Spiral.
Deer Knight glitch preventing drops from the hoard pack comes to mind. Anyone playing this game for the last few years will remember that.

I will keep trying for a couple more days before submitting a ticket to have my wizard looked into. Something doesn't feel right.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
It's 100% random. I've got a Death wizard that had an entire set of Waterworks gear in just four runs, but a Life wizard who still never got a hat. I don't even remember anymore how many runs they made. My other Life wizard completed an entire set within I believe 10 runs, and that's about average for all of my wizards.

Even if you ever found or figured out the actual numbers, it still doesn't matter. Just like everything luck or chance based, there is no guarantee you'll get it no matter what the odds are. Like say if I go into a store to buy scratch tickets and it says "1 in 5 is a winner", that doesn't mean I'll get a winner if I buy 5 tickets. It just means that if there were 100 tickets to start with, 20 of them are winners. I could buy 60 tickets and they could all be losers. Someone else walks in and buys the remaining 40 tickets, they're going to have 20 losing tickets and 20 winning tickets.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Honestly, the drop rates are fine. Whether you are over exagerating or actually have gone on that many runs, is not much compared to other gear drop rates in other dungeons (yeah I'm talking about you Darkmoor). It is rng and there is not much KingIsle can do about it with totally over-buffing the drop rate.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I quit after around 10 runs. (My fire still doesn't have her boots and she's lvl 84, my storm never got her hat and she's 74). You can always craft the WT gear then move to Avalon crafted stuff.