Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Suggestions and Improvements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 01, 2014
I would like to state that KingIsle is doing a great job on adding updates to the game, but needs to focus more on improving ideas in the game. For the past years that I have been playing Wizard101 for, I've been quite disappointed on how KingIsle hasn't upgraded the user interface of the game. I'm writing this forum to announce those things, and to suggest what needs to be implemented into the game to make it more efficient to play.
  • Quest Log Improvement - My Largest Issue
  1. I'm always losing track of which are my story line quests or side quests/other categorized quests. Allot of my friends who have been playing have at least once lost track of which is their storyline quest, causing them to look back into the wiki and take time researching to find which one is their storyline quests. I really recommend you guys add some kind of labels to distinguish the types of quests in your quest log. This is a major issue for me, I'm always accepting many side quests and then losing track of my main quest.
  2. This is a minor suggestion, but I would also like the ability for us wizards to be able to abandon sides quests or quests that are not critical toward finishing the game. My quest log has pages on end of side quests, which most I have either accidentally accepted or decide not to complete. You can add a penalty for abandoning quests, but this feature would be really helpful.
  • Gifting
  1. When I'm farming dungeons, I usually get allot of loot that are less effective than my armor. Really, our only options are really only to either sell it, trash it, feed it to pet, shared bank, etc. I have allot of friends who are below my level, but I cant help them or gift it to them in any way. Yes, I know you can gift only from the crown shop. It would be awesome if KingIsle could add gifting options to normal items aswell. KingIsle could add costs for gifting regular items to wizards, for example, gold, according to how valuable that item is.

This is it for now, please help KingIsle read this article so we can make changes to the game. This affects all of us, not just me. KingIsle has done an excellent job at doing their best to add new changes so they can make playing more fun for us, I am not against KingIsle in any way, these are really just some improvements that will help us all out allot.

-

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Alexis Starblade on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
I would like to state that KingIsle is doing a great job on adding updates to the game, but needs to focus more on improving ideas in the game. For the past years that I have been playing Wizard101 for, I've been quite disappointed on how KingIsle hasn't upgraded the user interface of the game. I'm writing this forum to announce those things, and to suggest what needs to be implemented into the game to make it more efficient to play.
  • Quest Log Improvement - My Largest Issue
  1. I'm always losing track of which are my story line quests or side quests/other categorized quests. Allot of my friends who have been playing have at least once lost track of which is their storyline quest, causing them to look back into the wiki and take time researching to find which one is their storyline quests. I really recommend you guys add some kind of labels to distinguish the types of quests in your quest log. This is a major issue for me, I'm always accepting many side quests and then losing track of my main quest.
  2. This is a minor suggestion, but I would also like the ability for us wizards to be able to abandon sides quests or quests that are not critical toward finishing the game. My quest log has pages on end of side quests, which most I have either accidentally accepted or decide not to complete. You can add a penalty for abandoning quests, but this feature would be really helpful.
  • Gifting
  1. When I'm farming dungeons, I usually get allot of loot that are less effective than my armor. Really, our only options are really only to either sell it, trash it, feed it to pet, shared bank, etc. I have allot of friends who are below my level, but I cant help them or gift it to them in any way. Yes, I know you can gift only from the crown shop. It would be awesome if KingIsle could add gifting options to normal items aswell. KingIsle could add costs for gifting regular items to wizards, for example, gold, according to how valuable that item is.

This is it for now, please help KingIsle read this article so we can make changes to the game. This affects all of us, not just me. KingIsle has done an excellent job at doing their best to add new changes so they can make playing more fun for us, I am not against KingIsle in any way, these are really just some improvements that will help us all out allot.

-
Just do the side quests. If you know you won't be doing them, then don't get them. If you want them out of your quest log, then complete them and get them over with.

I would love to give my friends certain items that they can never seem to get, but I have several of. Unfortunately, Kingsisle stated before they don't want gear trading in game, because that can lead to scamming. (I have no idea how that can actually lead to scamming, but that's what they said).

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Players have been begging for quest log organization since nearly the beginning of the game. Our cries have fallen on deaf ears. At this point I suspect it could be technical as it is the single quality-of-life update that would affect every player at some point. Even the players that jump to Level 50 to PVP will need to do a quest or two to get acces to certain utility spells - and those will be side quests.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
FusionSun on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
Just do the side quests. If you know you won't be doing them, then don't get them. If you want them out of your quest log, then complete them and get them over with.

I would love to give my friends certain items that they can never seem to get, but I have several of. Unfortunately, Kingsisle stated before they don't want gear trading in game, because that can lead to scamming. (I have no idea how that can actually lead to scamming, but that's what they said).
I agree, as for how it is scamming it's quite obvious, to me anyway.
"Hey, Alex! Will you trade me the darkmoor hat? I will gift you a mount!"

"Uh, sure." Alex gives wizard 1 the darkmoor hat.
"Sucker." wizard 1 teleports away and doesnt give Alex anything, leaving him without his cool darkmoor hat.

Kingisle doesn't want to deal with complaints of scams or traded items. Hope that made sense

Alexander Dragondreamer 110
Alexander Stormdreamer 58

Survivor
Nov 01, 2014
XaZeRs on Sep 8, 2016 wrote:
I agree, as for how it is scamming it's quite obvious, to me anyway.
"Hey, Alex! Will you trade me the darkmoor hat? I will gift you a mount!"

"Uh, sure." Alex gives wizard 1 the darkmoor hat.
"Sucker." wizard 1 teleports away and doesnt give Alex anything, leaving him without his cool darkmoor hat.

Kingisle doesn't want to deal with complaints of scams or traded items. Hope that made sense

Alexander Dragondreamer 110
Alexander Stormdreamer 58
Aren't there more issues and complaints on not having a gifting system?..

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Alexis Starblade on Oct 11, 2016 wrote:
Aren't there more issues and complaints on not having a gifting system?..
It's a moot argument. Not even sure why this post was approved. Asking for item trading is against the rules. They are so set against it, and I agree with them, that it's actually against the forum rules to ask for it.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/codeOfConduct/game

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
tossing my 2 cents in...

if trading gear is so scammable..... explain trading tc....... neither gets the trade till both accepts.... or gifting.... you give.... no recieve......

and with the quest.. like i said in a previous post.... just make the quests book like the badges.... divided between worlds, side, main, zeke, event, books, crafting.... and i rarely have an issue with losing my main quest.. only complaint is it always wants to bring up GH/WT quests instead of the world im in