Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side Quests Question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
Hello Wizards! I will be starting my final wizard within a few months. I want it to be extremely special and different from all my wizards I have done before. Out of all of my wizards, I have never done a lot of side quests in the 2nd or 3rd arc. I was wondering if it is a good idea to do the side quests in the 2nd and 3rd arc.

I tend to skip Wizard City side quests, do Krokotopia's, Marleybone's, and Mooshu's and skip Dragonspyre's. After that, I don't do anymore except Zeke's and Wintertusk's side quests. My wizards from the past have been perfectly in level range for each world. If I do side quests in the other two arcs, will I be extremely overleveled in the 2nd arc? Because I really don't want to be walking in Azteca at level 90, it isn't meant for that. Please let me know what you think!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
Timothy Lifesinger on Sep 5, 2016 wrote:
Hello Wizards! I will be starting my final wizard within a few months. I want it to be extremely special and different from all my wizards I have done before. Out of all of my wizards, I have never done a lot of side quests in the 2nd or 3rd arc. I was wondering if it is a good idea to do the side quests in the 2nd and 3rd arc.

I tend to skip Wizard City side quests, do Krokotopia's, Marleybone's, and Mooshu's and skip Dragonspyre's. After that, I don't do anymore except Zeke's and Wintertusk's side quests. My wizards from the past have been perfectly in level range for each world. If I do side quests in the other two arcs, will I be extremely overleveled in the 2nd arc? Because I really don't want to be walking in Azteca at level 90, it isn't meant for that. Please let me know what you think!
I used to skip every single side quest I ever saw back when I first began playing!

I didn't do anything from Wizard City, not even Collosus Boulevard, or Zeke's quests. I didn't do Grizzlehiem either, and I felt that I was waaaay too low of a level for the world I was in.

I don't think there's such thing as "over leveled", because even if you do all the side quests, there probably won't be enough XP to push you all the way up to a high level in a lower level world.

I tend to do each and every side quest I can get my Wizard's hands on now, including special events. I'm about level 30 and still not finished with Hyde Park (barely started) in Marleybone.

So I get what you mean by a little over leveled! However, I think this is a really good thing and a bonus to help you out, ESPECIALLY in Celestia.

I suggest doing side quests all you can if you're going to solo! You will need the extra health and power in Celestia and beyond! Celestia and Zafaria are much too hard to solo, you'll be asking for help in every single quest, dungeon, and battle!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Hello wizard. I took a few of my wizards to the end of Polaris and find side quests very helpful to get through harder worlds. However doing all dungeons combined with side quests can make the game too easy depending on if and who you all quest with and how strong are they. I do all side quests and hit level 90 near the middle of Azteca. I highly recommend doing quests from Zeke for he will give you training points to learn spells other than your school. He's not the only one who will give you those points through out the spiral. use your points wisely and make sure you have enough for schools in other worlds.