Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

text chat

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
I don't know if anyone can answer these or not. But we'll see.

Anyways. If you have a family account. Does everyone have text chat?

When you make your account,and it comes to the age part. What age do you have to put so you can have text chat?

I've seen around the game, that players will have a red line over their chat bubble. What is stopping them from using text chat?

I feel bad for those players that don't have text chat,cause then they can't really talk to anyone. They can only say what is on that drop down menu

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
PixiePrincess26 on Aug 30, 2016 wrote:

When you make your account,and it comes to the age part. What age do you have to put so you can have text chat?

I've seen around the game, that players will have a red line over their chat bubble. What is stopping them from using text chat?

I feel bad for those players that don't have text chat,cause then they can't really talk to anyone. They can only say what is on that drop down menu
Only players who set up their account who are aged 13 or older can use Text chat. It doesn't matter if they are in a family account - the account itself needs to be aged 13 or older.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I started out as a menu chat player because i was under 13 when i made my account. I became a text chatter because my dad logged in with the master password and there was a setting to turn on chat. So any menu chat player can become a text chat player with the master password.

I feel bad for menu chatters too, because I was once a menu chatter, and believe me, its not easy when you can't communicate with anyone, and now that i'm a text chatter I know that all text chatters make fun of menu chatters.

Angela Gem, 110
Katie GoldFountain, 110
Nicole StarSmith, 110

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009

The players with the red line across their chat bubble are the ones that only have menu chat. They can't see or use anything else.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012

Since I'm menu chat :( this will be easy

Not everybody has text chat. Even if it's a family account. It matters your age.

You need to put in 13 years old or higher.

You can't use text chat because your age for children 12 or younger. It's safety protection.

I'd recommend the menu chat have things like, "I'll tank" or hit. The chat is also very confusing, as well. Also, I don't like how there's a battle menu chat, and a normal menu chat.

Katie LifeSword