Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Morganthe Gone?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Warning may contain spoilers!

So with the end of the second story arc Morganthe basically falls into the void of the Spiral, but is she truly gone? Merle states that she is, however I feel as though we stand a good chance of seeing her again in one form or another.

Part of me would like to see if Morganthe could be helped/redeemed yet the other part of me believes she is too corrupted by shadow magic to truly be helped at all. Given the way her character was written it would seem unlikely that she would even want help, yet when we went into her dreams in the first one she says "If only Malory would see there is another way. The Froundling magic holds the key to getting what we want, without hurting anybody.", those last three words "without hurting anybody." leads me to believe there is perhaps some small flicker of good in Morganthe and perhaps we may encounter her again and maybe redeem her in some way.

What do you guys think, will we see Morganthe again or not? And do you think she can be brought back to the light or is she too far gone?

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
That is an imposing question. Is Morganthe truly gone? She did fall through that glass, floating around somewhere in the spiral, but can she come back?

If you're looking more for opinions, I'd say I'd want her back. I know they definitely said a lot about her story. You pretty much played her life. So, I'm not sure if it will technically be easy to rewrite her in. But I did like Morganthe, even though she was corrupt, I liked her story and in general her character design.

If she could make a reappearance somewhere in the future, that would really be awesome. But kinda hard to rewrite, seeing as pretty much her entire life was explained in Khrysalis/Azteca.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
The Lore Keeper on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:

So with the end of the second story arc Morganthe basically falls into the void of the Spiral, but is she truly gone? Merle states that she is, however I feel as though we stand a good chance of seeing her again in one form or another.

Part of me would like to see if Morganthe could be helped/redeemed yet the other part of me believes she is too corrupted by shadow magic to truly be helped at all. Given the way her character was written it would seem unlikely that she would even want help, yet when we went into her dreams in the first one she says "If only Malory would see there is another way. The Froundling magic holds the key to getting what we want, without hurting anybody.", those last three words "without hurting anybody." leads me to believe there is perhaps some small flicker of good in Morganthe and perhaps we may encounter her again and maybe redeem her in some way.

What do you guys think, will we see Morganthe again or not? And do you think she can be brought back to the light or is she too far gone?
I would like Morganthe to be redeemed but I'm certain that she is too corrupted by shadow, as you stated above. I think that when we were looking into her dreams, the we clearly see Morganthe's personality change from cautious and timid to selfish and arrogant. There was some good in Morganthe and if you look at her mission to rewrite the spiral at a different perspective, maybe she wants the shadow web to be a place where her shadow followers can thrive without living in fear. Somewhere where they don't have to be outcasts as she once was.

If Morganthe comes back, I would like to see her in a magicless, weak human state with her memory lost. Perhaps she could be stranded somewhere in the spiral, a local family can take her in, give her a new life, maybe our wizard can even see her again.

On the other hand, I think it would be awesome if we had a telescope and we could just watch Morganthe raging and still falling in the void. Hah, awww yeah.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
How can Morganthe be gone when Malistaire came back three times?!?!?!?!

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
I'm sure she'll be back someday.

If Malistaire could survive the Outer Void, then Morganthe obviously can also, considering she is much stronger than Malistaire was.

Furthermore, Morganthe knows the Song of Creation, so she could always just sing herself out.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Good question. I'm pretty sure morganthe was smarter than to put herself on a piece of glass.

"Did she fake her death"? Most likely.

Considering Grandfather spider made a reveal, I'm betting at one point Grandfather Spider will recover her, and she'll most likely be a Shadow Boss.

Just my theory though.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
The Lore Keeper on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:

Hmm, interesting question!

Morganthe has really been everywhere since Celestia, hasn't she? I feel like she's one of the notorious villians that's been popping up and creating a mess all around the spiral, ever since Malistaire.

I don't think Morganthe could be brought back to the light, but maybe her spirit might come back? She might be just like Malistaire was.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Don't hold your breath. This game is known to bring back villains and bosses. Malistaire was brought back 3 times. Belloq 3 times, etc... I'm sure KI will find a way to bring back Morganthe if and when they want to. I'm waiting for new worlds to arrive to see who came back.

Tarlac Swiftblade 110
Arthur Battlethorn 110
Seth Stormstalker 110
Sloan Stormcatcher 110
Connor deathslinger 110
Adrian Firecaster 110
Carlos Nightshade 80
Tanner Stormrider 53
Gorman Mythhaven 53

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
Keep in mind, we already have Grandfather Spider and his children to deal with

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
thelastdiviner on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:
I would like Morganthe to be redeemed but I'm certain that she is too corrupted by shadow, as you stated above. I think that when we were looking into her dreams, the we clearly see Morganthe's personality change from cautious and timid to selfish and arrogant. There was some good in Morganthe and if you look at her mission to rewrite the spiral at a different perspective, maybe she wants the shadow web to be a place where her shadow followers can thrive without living in fear. Somewhere where they don't have to be outcasts as she once was.

If Morganthe comes back, I would like to see her in a magicless, weak human state with her memory lost. Perhaps she could be stranded somewhere in the spiral, a local family can take her in, give her a new life, maybe our wizard can even see her again.

On the other hand, I think it would be awesome if we had a telescope and we could just watch Morganthe raging and still falling in the void. Hah, awww yeah.
Personally, I also want to redeem Morganthe. As in I really, really, really, really want to redeem her the whole second story arc I was hoping we would be given an opportunity to do so. And now that she's come cashing down I would love a dungeon to go and find her, or discover what became of her exactly. Because they did this with Malistaire, more than once I might add, only now at the end of Darkmoor (because it's like a small world to itself at this point) do we have a satisfying closure to Malistaire's story.

I mean writing her back into the story would be very of interesting maybe difficult depends how creative KI can be if they do something like this at all. We know she is corrupted by shadow magic, who's to say we somewhere along the line won't discover another form of magic to undo the corruption it causes (how else are we going to fight Cob? think about it for a moment, the third story arc is begging to have a new school of magic, that and in Krysalis we did help the Broodmother turn back into her true form). And on the off chance we do and we also encounter Morganthe again who's to say what lies under that corruption could Morganthe's body just be frozen in time from when she traveled to Krysalis? Even then she was what a young adult by then? She didn't sound like a she did when she was younger if you listen to the audio of the dialogue (who doesn't most days).

But as to whether or not she's a prime candidate to come back remains a mystery, some would say "yes do it please!" and some would say "absolutely not". For me as I said earlier I would love for Morganthe to come back even if it's only to bring a total close her story. I would like to believe that given Morganthe's experience with shadow magic, her sheer power, how equip she is to help us (if at all) and possible involvement with Old Cob/Grandfather Spider she could make a great and hysterically ironic friend/ally (imagine dropping in on Ravenwood and bringing Morganthe with you to visit Ambrose)