Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deck Build Out

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Is there any formula any person uses for building their Decks?

I know with mine I have by default as a Balance player at least 2 of each Balance Spell I use routinely. Then I have 2 Heal and 2 Absorb Spells in my deck. Beyond that I have 2 of my attack Life and Ice School Spells that I can quickly replace with either more Life or Ice should I encounter the need.

From a protection point of view I have 2 of any shield spell as well.

What does others do?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Since I can just heal using scarecrow or lulu, I don't usually bother with much more than the basic attack stuff. I will put 4 blades, 4 colossals (or whatever the latest sun school enhancement is, idk), 4 virulences, 4 crows and 3-4 lulus. I'll adjust how many of each attack spell I want based on how long I know I'll be in the fight, or how much health the enemies have: the longer the fight and/or the more health the enemies have, the more likely I am to put in fewer crows and more lulus. If I know I'm going up against high leveled ice or storm, I'll put in 4 stun blocks too. I don't recall the last time I packed shields for mob fights.

Boss fights are obviously more variable and I really don't have much of a formula, except for sticking to the default of packing 4 of everything. I'll usually pack fire or storm shields if applicable.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
My general walking around deck on my Balance is

2x Epic
1x Sharpened Blade
2x Balanceblade
1x Nested Fury
1x Sandstorm

1x Item Balanceblade
1x Pet Sharpened Blade

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I havent found the right balance on my storm yet (dont have shadow magic yet), but for my fire, life, myth, and death, it looks like this:

2x school blade
2x item school blades
1x Epic
1x 7pip AoE or Shadow enhanced AoE (depending on how my luck is with shadow pips that day)
1x Reshuffle
1x satyr
1x Radical

If Im soloing a fight with a boss in it, then I do this:
4x school blade
3x item school blades (only one is repeated)
2x Epic
1x 7pip AoE or Shadow enhanced AoE (depending on how my luck is with shadow pips that day)
1x 8pip single hit or shadow enhanced single hit (depending on how my luck is with shadow pips that day)
2x Reshuffle
2x satyr
2x Radical

Note that all of my wizards run mastery amulets. My life and Death use a Balance, and my myth, fire, and storm use a life