Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-26-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The week has made its way back to Friday, and it’s time for some feedback!

Our Eighth anniversary is coming up soon and we’ll be hosting a special KI Live on our Birthday! What’s something special we could do in game to celebrate this occasion with you during our livestream? How would you like to celebrate Wizard101’s 8th birthday? Let us know!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
MASSIVE increased drop rates on all the hard stuff to get!!!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Aug 26, 2016 wrote:

Our Eighth anniversary is coming up soon and we’ll be hosting a special KI Live on our Birthday! What’s something special we could do in game to celebrate this occasion with you during our livestream? How would you like to celebrate Wizard101’s 8th birthday? Let us know!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Spend some time in the Arcanum!!!

Talk about you favorite scholar, if you weren't a Ravenwood professor, what scholar would you be at the Arcanum and why???

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Hi I can't believe wizards is almost 8 years old!!! What about a race from headmaster Ambrose's Office to Ravenwood with some of the more classic mounts from over the years and then we all stand in front of Bartleby and all say happy birthday can't wait it

Survivor
Apr 21, 2015
I think we should have an event with 8 bosses. One boss for each school of magic, and then one boss that is a doppelganger of your wizard. It would be really interesting to see bosses from each school of magic turn to the dark side and wreak havoc on Wizard City. The doppelganger could be some sort of monster that wants to ruin your reputation.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
An interview with the developers in charge of PvP!

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Well, of course code giveaways (with a time limit rather than a "while supplies last" limit) are always great during KI Live :P But more importantly, I think a big party in the commons in multiple realms would be nice. Even during normal KI Live events, realms can get filled up pretty quickly, so having Dworgyn in one realm and Falmea in another with both accounts being streamed live might make it a bit easier for people to join in on the fun.

Given all the new housing items and the new housing tours section (seasonal!), I'd also love to see Dworgyn and Falmea go through housing tours and each pick out their personal favorite house from any of the leaderboards beforehand to show to everyone on the stream. Getting to watch a personal tour from Dworgyn and Falmea sounds really fun.

Looking forward to next month's celebrations!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Aug 26, 2016 wrote:

Oh... This is such a question. Where do I begin?

Well... you could add in new Skeleton Key bosses in Wizard City that represents how far the game's come throughout the years. The 1st, a new Wooden Key boss for using classical methods of dueling, before Celestia & other additions came, 2nd, a new Silver Key boss that uses some Astral school spells, & the last, a new Gold Key boss that shows the latest spells the game holds, giving veteran Wizards another great challenge to overcome.

Plus, maybe add a new Gold Key boss in Wysteria that shows it's long-lost equivalent to Shadow Magic, 'cause Wysteria's gonna need one & it's Shadow equivalent sooner or later.

Also, I think you should add in one new One-Shot housing gauntlet adventure to commemorate the game's 8th anniversary, some new housing items, & some new One-Shot boss rematch gauntlets of Jade Oni, Vladimir Darkflame, Big Salgio, Indigo Giant, Ponce de Gibbon, & Hisser, like those in the Ultra Summer update.

Those are what I would like to see in the game's 8th anniversary.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2016
My honest oppinion is that, that this new friend window should be back on the old look, this new have 1000 option and you need to press button "F" million times to close.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
You should have a big giveaway! Like, give everyone a piece of corn! Who doesn't like corn?

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I would like to celebrate Wizard101's 8th Birthday with a Birthday Quest series that goes on throughout the month that gives various loot items and take players throughout the spiral to complete various quests. (The last boss could have unique loot like a birthday mount if decided on.)

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Whoops. Kinda hit submit too early.

After Morganthe's fall she uses the shadow to cling to life. Somehow she manages to not only survive but muster enough strength to launch a full on attack on our home, wizard city. On the very day of our 8th year celebration, when she knows none of us will expect it. She and her remaining loyal minions try to destroy wizard city in a fit of revenge, and its up to the students past and present along with the professors to stop her.

This would require duel circles to appear in non traditional places, wherever morganthe would appear. Players would be snatched up at random and fight morganthe. And the developers(Professors) could join in these battles against her. I do mean anywhere in wizard city with enough room for a duel circle fit.

Since she should be extremely powerful she will be picking off players in the duel circle quickly enough that a good amount of players will get to join in the battle. Maybe even construct a special duel circle so more then four players can join the battle. The duel circle could be centered on her and all of the spots on the perimeter of the circle could have wizards fighting her. So eight wizards. There's even room for two more spots if you make a custom one so ten wizards potentially? That's probably asking for too much, but hey you said something special.

Maybe play on the theme of her last battle and have a morganthe of every school on different servers in wizard city. It would be nice to interact in a battle with the professors. A live battle.

Back in the day this is how MMO's did live events. The developers would either fight us or fight with us. And EVERYONE showed up.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
Have birthday banners in every world with present boxes scattered around that give out pet snacks that are high level as in worth 50xp. For KI Live have a video showing highlights of how the game has changed from its start. Have images like of the coming up with the idea of creating such a game then showing images of how its expanded each year.

I wish you would fix the press x boxes so they stay there long enough for a team to enter. Last night my friend I were dealing with the disappearing boxes by porting in after the first wizard was successful at entering but that does not work for the ones that do not allow porting in. Also the new feature of showing a list of traps, blades, shields and etc. has not appeared for me in quite sometime I tried to get the list by having the mouse over the box above the monsters head but nothing happens.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Some fun new tranfigurations like they have at halloween especially for the birthday month.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
For Wizard101 to have so many players after eight years, that must tell KI that the game is very successful. Most MMORPG games are very popular … and then after a period of time, the excitement just goes away.

Now, Wizard101 has been able to keep that excitement going for longer than any other MMORPG I have ever played. It is very addicting. And myself I have probably put 120+ hours into the game. And, I am even starting a new wizard!

So, for the game being around so long … KI deserves to have a big celebration! I was thinking that KI admin should get on the game (on a private realm) and buy a very large house, (a big KI themed house you guys could create,) and then you can decorate it. There would be tag, scavenger hunt, and food fight games already set up. KI admin could start the game of their choice, or it could be up to the people. You would have an area where people just spin and talk (AKA the hatchery.) It would be cool to see Wizard101 admin playing as well on their wizards.

It would be cool to see this idea put into the game, and I will try and come up with more things they could do.
~Connor LegendBane *Level 85 Myth*~

Survivor
May 11, 2011
hello, my name is Brandon G, i have been really wanting the flutes for my 3 main wizards, and it would be isanely awesome if you guys could bring the flutes to the crown shop one last time. as i said like 5 words ago i would really love for you guys to bring back the flutes for the 8th birthday of wiz! please bring back the flutes, thank you have a nice day!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gifts and Cake. It's not a birthday party without gifts and cake.
The birthday cake, 6 slices, so every wizard on an account can have a bit. Each slice = a random elixir is added to gift box.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
would love to see a Harry Potter new world or something close to it. I know you couldn't do it that soon but maybe in the future. :)

Survivor
May 26, 2013
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I thought it was really neat how everyone who played since '09 got something special one year that was exclusive to them, such as the dragon statues and the Frontier Dragon mounts.

This year it'd be neat to have something of the sort for us old players again. Perhaps this time, some gear for appearance? I'd love some exclusive armor or a new wand to stitch to.

Thanks!

Survivor
May 25, 2013
Hello all of kings isle and wizards in the world. I believe for the 8th annerversary or wizard101 you should bring back the codes for the code wands! Fog staff, armanthine staff, umbra blade ect. I feel this would make people ever so much thrilled. Maybe make a cake mount? And also you could host a stream of wizard101 giving away code wands, packs, mounts, crowns ect. Something fun! #MAKETHISBIRTHDAYGREATAGAIN

Kind regards. Dylan SkullBlade.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Every one should get a code to a mount from the first wizard bundle ever made

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Would love to see more giveaways and decorations!!! (Maybe have a contest to see who can open the most gift boxes or a birthday themed boss???)