Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

House Acquisition

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Okay I have read in several threads you can purchase a house without using Crowns. So I know the individual shops along the spiral offer world specific houses. But some basic seem to not exist or I am missing them.

As such can someone point me to a list of houses and where you can acquire them along the spiral for coins.

Thanks

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
You can get them in the Crown Shop! Instead of using crowns, you can press the "gold" button to purchase Some of them for Gold.

Hope this helps!

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
You can purchase some of the houses in the crowns shop with gold. If you look in the crowns shop you will see a tab that allows you use gold for certain items. You just need to look for it.

Hope this help!

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
All but one of the Crown Shop houses can be purchased with gold.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
You can't buy all the houses available with Gold. The ones you can buy are accessible from House Vendors, Crown shop (use the gold option on the bottom left) and House Recipe Vendors. The cheapest option is normal House Vendors. They sell houses for as low as 7000 gold. Crown shop houses cost a minimum of 75000 gold but are very worth it especially if you like decorating. House Recipes are the most expensive option but are worth the while if you have the necessary gold and crafting materials.

If you don't mind spending an extra dime on the game then I'd recommend a bundle. The houses are massive and the majority offer a daily reward which is very helpful especially if you don't like grinding for gold. Also you get a bunch of interesting stuff like Gear and a Pet. Finally bundles are discounted till the 7th of September so it will cheaper then the usual amount.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
DayOldMuffin on Aug 26, 2016 wrote:
You can get them in the Crown Shop! Instead of using crowns, you can press the "gold" button to purchase Some of them for Gold.

Hope this helps!
Okay I must be doing something wrong then. I login to the game and go to the Crown Shop. But my "Gold" button seems disabled. I have over 100K in gold too.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
While in the crown shop click on the house you wanna price, then look over to the right side where the buy button is. If you look up from there you will see the gold tab, click on that to buy with gold.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Andhanni on Aug 27, 2016 wrote:
Okay I must be doing something wrong then. I login to the game and go to the Crown Shop. But my "Gold" button seems disabled. I have over 100K in gold too.
Open the Crown shop. Go to the houses. Highlight the Red Barn Farm. Now the gold tab should appear. Click it. Now all the houses should show the gold prices, except Avalon Plot.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Is there an easy way to send a house as a gift?

I cannot seem to find a 'house vendor' is it in the shopping district? I am a new player.

I see the houses in the Crowns shop. I don't see any option to buy them for gold. I will look closer.

The gift option on houses in the Crowns shop is definitely disabled. Why is that?

I did notice that when I buy bundles, those come with houses, and any of my 'wizards' on my account (I am not using them yet but experimenting with can claim things from bundles.

So that's one way - if it's all teh same account - buy bundles?

The problem with that is, it's a lot 'messier.' Let's say you wanted House A to go to Wizard B and House B to go to Wizard C and all are played by different real life players.

There is no way to put a gift tag on anything or to send it ONLY to Wizard B or Wizard C.

So the wizards, being new gamers, get flustered and confused. They grab anything they want and call it a day.

See why the "just buy a bundle" thing doesn't really work?

I hope they will allow gifting of houses in future. If they are worried about kids being gifted houses by strangers - then disable the gifting option in those kids' accounts (talking to their parents.)

A lot of us are adult gamers and just want *some* things to be less complicated. Thanks!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
SparkleTude on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:

I cannot seem to find a 'house vendor' is it in the shopping district? I am a new player.

I see the houses in the Crowns shop. I don't see any option to buy them for gold. I will look closer.

The gift option on houses in the Crowns shop is definitely disabled. Why is that?

I did notice that when I buy bundles, those come with houses, and any of my 'wizards' on my account (I am not using them yet but experimenting with can claim things from bundles.

The problem with that is, it's a lot 'messier.' Let's say you wanted House A to go to Wizard B and House B to go to Wizard C and all are played by different real life players.

There is no way to put a gift tag on anything or to send it ONLY to Wizard B or Wizard C.

So the wizards, being new gamers, get flustered and confused. They grab anything they want and call it a day.

I hope they will allow gifting of houses in future. If they are worried about kids being gifted houses by strangers - then disable the gifting option in those kids' accounts (talking to their parents.)

A lot of us are adult gamers and just want *some* things to be less complicated. Thanks!
I answered most of this in the other thread, before I saw this one.

I think I see the bigger issue now, is that everyone is sharing an account, instead of making family account, with each person having their own. The gifting option is made for trading something to a person on another account.

Try setting up family accounts for the younger ones, with your account as the master account. The only downside is that, each account would need it's on funding... crowns, subscription, or what have you. If you go the subscription route, the other accounts would be cheaper to subscribe than the master account, however. I think it's $9.95 for the master account, and $6.95 for the others.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SparkleTude on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:

He's in the last shop on the right, near the outlook point Elik's Edge at the end of the street.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Shopping_District

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
BloodyJohnJenkins on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
I answered most of this in the other thread, before I saw this one.

I think I see the bigger issue now, is that everyone is sharing an account, instead of making family account, with each person having their own. The gifting option is made for trading something to a person on another account.

Try setting up family accounts for the younger ones, with your account as the master account. The only downside is that, each account would need it's on funding... crowns, subscription, or what have you. If you go the subscription route, the other accounts would be cheaper to subscribe than the master account, however. I think it's $9.95 for the master account, and $6.95 for the others.
Would be too expensive; but I appreciate the thought, and info.

Seethe thank you also for the location to the gold shop for houses.