Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The menu bar on the mobile W101 site is too small!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
i often check in on the site on my phone because I dont have access to the game for much of my mornings. Sometimes I like to check up on the message boards too, but even on my big Pop-Tart size phone, the buttons to both log in and access the menu from the upper right corner of the screen are so small that the touchscreen can't figure out that I'm trying to hit a button on the site unless I zoom in and scroll all the way back to the very edge of the page, hoping my browser doesn't interpret this as a swipe to go back a page. In the time it takes me to navigate the mobile site, I could have logged into the desktop site, bought some crowns and logged off again.

The current mobile wiz site is borderline-infuriating and I would like to suggest an overhaul of it to make it more accessible on relatively small touch screens. I should probably also mention, since I have the sneaking suspicion that someone will read this and grossly misinterpret it: the desktop site doesn't need changing. It's just the mobile site that is currently a pain in the neck.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thanks for the feedback!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I have used my phone before, and while it IS small, it's size is relative to your display. My phone, an LG Transpyre, has a 4.5" display on it. When I first load www.wizard101.com/game, it IS small, but I use the punch to zoom feature and it makes it really easy to see what Im clicking on. I AGREE with you that a mobile version should be simplified, and also agree that the desktop version is fine. I would suggest to try zooming it and see if that helps.

Before somebody says that we shouldnt have to zoom anything, remember, websites were never designed to work the same on a 4.5" screen as a 24.5" screen. We users have to make SOME accommodations. When I collect codes from my phone, I zoom it and it works just fine for me. Even our kindles are better than my phone is, and it's only about 3 inches different