Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Option: Allow player to join battle? Yes/No/etc.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 24, 2015
SparkleTude on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
Yes, this could help also (your last paragraph.) I've had people run in so last minute that the monster was basically dead and my av beginning to go invisible - then poof the battle started again.

I'm gonna put the lie to "this will cause crowding." First, why can't THEY go to other realms rather than purposely chase around the spiral for battles to crash? Why must it be their victims who have to continually flee, losing mana - or keep looking over their shoulder for battle crashers?

I have added so much time to my game trying to AVOID battle crashers and it doesn't stop them. That's because it's not warned against, there is nothing in the manual to discourage it and no option to protect against it. I recall MMPORGs that were ruined by PKs (player killers), and the hot debates online which basically the PKs said "that's how it is, tough." This "there is no problem, we can do what we want" stuff I'm hearing (not you) here, and in the game, reminds me of that "me, me" attitude.

Also, it's rarely the case that a street is *that* busy. As for 'it is meant to be used by more than one person' - not really, it *can* be used by more than one person. Nothing against rules or game about soloing. Also, again, people are confusing the issue: You can STILL battle together. My ONLY point is 'ask first' and since people refuse to, give us a way to protect ourselves.

It's not a matter of 'sharing' it's an action which totally disrupts and lengthens a total stranger's game. And anyone can 'share' just give them the right to say no. Purposely taking that option away is controlling and it is taking a kill they had no part in.

I'd say end the battle quicker, don't make it start the moment anyone new runs in, give the person there a chance to go without penalty, do something so that people don't continually exploit other players' kills this way. Not everyone has the same sense of right and wrong, so let us decide what our boundaries are. Let us enable NO to battle crashing up front.
You'd mentioned elsewhere that you didn't know how to switch realms. Here's how it works. Hit <ESC> and go to the Realms tab. Select the Realm you wish to go to. You pop into the Realm as though teleporting -- and a cool-down timer starts running. I think you can switch every 5 minutes.

The reason I mention this is that your experience seems so totally different than that of my own and others who have replied. Yes, I've come across the same sorts of players, but it seems to be something that happens at a far lower rate than what you describe. Using this feature just once to enter a lower population realm should markedly improve your game experience.

"Also, it's rarely the case that a street is *that* busy."

I see others have also echoed my concern. The Daily Assignments already have people waiting on the sidewalk with all rings full. Denying late entry into a ring will wreck Daily Assignments as they currently exist. This is a bad thing, even if it only happens once a day.

Regarding your ring-blocking feature, I have some questions.

Say two players get pulled within a second or two. Do they both go into a ring together, or does the first one in deny the second one entry? Does the second get pushed into a different ring, or simply go invulnerable?

Is this mechanism needed for dungeons? Would it prevent others from entering into a dungeon with you while the countdown was running? Once all players are in a dungeon, should this simply be ignored, since all players are expected to cooperate?

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I'd rather have Kingsisle spend their time fixing other problems and coming out with new gameplay rather than focus on this small problem that isn't a big deal. If there were another solution than the battle option then fine they should do it, but adding a yes/no thing, well just think about it. If they add this wait and see all the hate they would get. Its only a big deal if you care. This doesn't hurt you in anyway and also this really shouldn't happen. This will defintely definitely cause crowding. No argument is needed see that. I'd rather have others join my battle than me not being able to join a battle at all. You said at one point that people don't know how to go to other realms. If an area is full, these people can't change realms. Streets can get very busy, especially when new worlds come out. Make sure you know for sure when saying things because it might not be true.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
You think this is a problem.

You think others don't, and that that is the only reason anyone could possibly disagree with you.

That's untrue. I've agreed that it is rude behavior. I just don't think that it needs to be outlawed because it's rude. That doesn't mean I don't think it's a problem. I just think the fixes create bigger problems than the current problem.

KingsIsle has already implemented fixes that introduced bigger problems than the "fixes" cured. I don't want to see it happen again. In a game that is classified as an MMORPG, no there's no rule against soloing. However, the second M clearly suggests that the game is going to cater to players who play co-op. If you choose to play solo, you have to adapt. Not the multiplayers.

Again, the ability to prevent others from playing, doesn't belong in a game catering to kids. They may not join a duel without first asking and being given permission. You could effectively prevent them from playing unless they changed realms. You are the one choosing to play the game differently; the onus is on you to switch to a quiet realm, not on them to do as you tell them.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I've had a number of rude wizards jump into battles, draw in more enemies and then flee. Or they'll jump in as I'm about to finish the last enemy to get credit without having to do the whole fight. That's quite aggravating. So I would definitely like to see an option where we can "lock" our combat circles so no one may enter without permission. I would suggest this:
Allow other wizards to join combat circle? Yes/No/Friends Only/Ask Permission

That last option would allow you to make the choice per instance, that way you can let help in if you need it or bar people from entering if you don't want anyone in the circle with you.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2016
SparkleTude on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
I hit the cancel button because it was under "watch topic for replies" and I was sleepy and didn't read it...sigh

So I will start this post over. Sorry my thoughts were better organized last time. Maybe others can add their thoughts too. But please don't automatically dismiss this idea.

As people have explained in the "What Annoys You?" topic as well as in past years, if you google "Wizard 101 players jump into battle" or similar phrases, many players dislike when random strangers run and jump into their battle without asking first.

Some other players think it is stupid to have to offer or ask first before running into strangers' battles.

This solution would please everyone.

Add an option in the Options tab in the game and/or on the website, which says "Allow Other Players to Join Battle?" The choices could be Yes/No/Friends Only.

You could also put "random" for "other."

Once people figured out what this meant, they could always change their choice on that issue in the same tab.

My first week it made me nervous and tense when strangers would just join my battles without asking. I didn't know if it meant they got all my treasure instead of me. I didn't know why they did it because most said nothing. It usually added extra stress because I'd often be on the last monster in a quest and they'd add 1 to 3 more.

Starting out, you are low on mana and get easily killed off. Most of the players who join without asking cannot heal other players. So this often got my wizard killed off or nearly so. I preferred to build up mana between monsters rather than fight 4 at once. Strangers jumping into my battle without permission changed the way I played, without me giving any permission for it. My only option was "flee," losing my battle completely.

OK anyway. Give the option in the Option tab just like there is an Option to accept friend or other requests. Joining someone's battle should be a request, not just taken.

There could also be a pop up in game which could be abled or disabled from the website or Options panel, whether to allow a pop up which asks: "Others must request before joining battle." I would say YES on that one. But I'd also love the option to choose "friends only" to jump into my battles.

There are times it is OK and times it is not, but mostly, not, especially when a player is new. They don't have the mana to stand there for all those monsters at one go. They also might have to go to real life and now they can't. Other players add time to the battle too and maybe the person has to go do something in real life.

Thanks.
to me this wouldn't be a great ideal but I also got a fix

1 to many players would lock there battle making other player have to go into other realsm because you can only have so much room to battle and a lot would do that to test there spells on unicorn ways and hit million when you could go into a tower so a lot of new player wouldn't be able to join the battle and have to learn how to get to a new realm witch they don't know how to do till later in the game like that was the biggest complaint is that people pop in and killed the target before they could of got so many blade etc to show off there new spell

reason 2 if this option was put in I think a lot of player would report the player who locks the battle because they would think he be doing it out of spite

now a way this could be avoid add a option for solo play in the book and when turn on you can't be seen by other players or friends and your chater would kinda have a glow to him or her to let you know that your using solo play you can't talk to anyone in solo play they can't see you and also any battles you enter can't be seen or heard and if someone wanted to battle they could there battle would just be stack on yours but you wouldn't' see them they wouldn't see you or your spells only people who can join you is friends but if they want to play you have to hit yes or no to them joining you in solo play then they turn into solo players until the battle over unless they turn on there solo play option and players in solo play are allowed to say yes or no to other people in solo joining on a quest to just a street fight that way it dose not affect anyone else but the players who want it

Defender
May 27, 2013
Yes, it's a problem.

...But really, the real problem is that some few players can be, ...well, you know, jerks! Either they are mean-hearted, or they don't look before they leap in or they're just selfish.

In some lower levels, I have seen some real mean-hearted jerks 'hijack' other players; they see a player low on health and deliberately jump into combat to attract more monsters and then immediately 'flee' so that the now-trapped, assured-defeat player can't see who they were. I have seen it happen again and again, especially in the grotto (but in other places, too).

In higher levels, I've seen people who just didn't care. You could be five points away from defeat and they jump in with no intention of healing. They just want credit for defeating the (now weakened) foe.

Is the problem bad enough to change the function of the game? I don't know....
(P.S. I do use the underpopulated realms...and it still happens. I have sometimes changed realms to avoid repeated encounters with the jerks.)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Aazari on Sep 1, 2016 wrote:
I've had a number of rude wizards jump into battles, draw in more enemies and then flee. Or they'll jump in as I'm about to finish the last enemy to get credit without having to do the whole fight. That's quite aggravating. So I would definitely like to see an option where we can "lock" our combat circles so no one may enter without permission. I would suggest this:
Allow other wizards to join combat circle? Yes/No/Friends Only/Ask Permission

That last option would allow you to make the choice per instance, that way you can let help in if you need it or bar people from entering if you don't want anyone in the circle with you.
Thank you, Aazari. ITA your whole post.

I think your addition of "ask permission" to the choices is a great one.

We have a LOT of other gameplay and privacy options. Why not this one?

We pay for the game too and so why shouldn't our input matter? We're not alone, either. A lot of people dislike confrontation or are reticent to speak up. Any company knows any complaint is a tip of an iceberg. Most people simply LEAVE. (And they don't return. They take their $ elsewhere.)

To everyone else: I do appreciate your input (even the person who insulted me Lol - yeah I know I can get wordy but it's hard for one to talk to many at once and I mistakenly tried to clarify my point to some who didn't agree a problem even existed, rather than sticking to my own topic. My bad there.)

Crowded streets: How so when the battle is already OVER when the new person jumps in? That actually ties up that circle longer, if anything. Let the person LEAVE and *you* can have it all to yourself ;) One could say that people who run up and down all day grinding tie up the circles for questers, but can't all simply 'flee to a perfect realm' in any case? This option won't make battles take longer, it will make them more efficient. Also this option does *not* stop anyone from forming teams or 'car pooling' but it will be by consent. Win/win.

Perfect realms: I figured out how to go last night - went - and on a totally empty street, just as my monster was dying, someone jumped in. Lol. I didn't even see them coming. They didn't reply when I said hi. *shrug* it doesn't stop the battle crashing. And like I said, I avoid crowded streets anyway, I return later etc. Battle crashing has uniformly happened when there are multiple circles available. *They do it for the free kill.* No other reason imo.

Paige: "outlawed?" No more so than having the option to block friend requests has "outlawed" friend requests. But really how is removing the other player's consent to team up, justifiable?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I like the idea of this option and have thought of several ways to address all the major concerns bought up by detractors.

-Offer this in the options: Lock Battle Circle with the choices of Yes or No, (this makes it simple and easy to understand)

-The Lock would be default off. You would have to manually turn it on(this addresses the fact that the game is an mmo and caters to that primarily)

-As soon as you turn the lock on you would be transported to a perfect realm(this solves the crowding battle circle spot problem)

-A person with the lock on can only occupy perfect realms. If they try to switch to a more occupied realm or port to a Friend/Mark that is in a more occupied realm they will receive the warning-"You are entering a more crowded realm. This will disable your lock-Proceed? Yes or No" If they select yes the lock will be turned off and will have to be turned on again.

-If a person with the lock turned on joins an in progress battle circle the lock is turned off for that battle(this stops someone from trolling a traditional player by locking out other people from entering).

-You can only turn on\off the lock outside of battle.

-The lock is disabled as soon as you enter a sigil, dungeon, instance or team up and cannot be turned on in said scenarios.

-If you have the lock on you will receive a notification from Professor Greyrose each time you log in. "Young Wizard, you have selected to go it alone, you won't be able to receive help in battle!"(Turning off tutorial tips/notifications will not disable this warning.

-Friends and Group members can enter the circle even with telling lock on. If you are hidden to friends then friends cannot enter the circle.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
There would still be crowding and people would use it to troll.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
SparkleTude on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
I hit the cancel button because it was under "watch topic for replies" and I was sleepy and didn't read it...sigh

So I will start this post over. Sorry my thoughts were better organized last time. Maybe others can add their thoughts too. But please don't automatically dismiss this idea.

As people have explained in the "What Annoys You?" topic as well as in past years, if you google "Wizard 101 players jump into battle" or similar phrases, many players dislike when random strangers run and jump into their battle without asking first.

Some other players think it is stupid to have to offer or ask first before running into strangers' battles.

This solution would please everyone.

Add an option in the Options tab in the game and/or on the website, which says "Allow Other Players to Join Battle?" The choices could be Yes/No/Friends Only.

You could also put "random" for "other."

Once people figured out what this meant, they could always change their choice on that issue in the same tab.

My first week it made me nervous and tense when strangers would just join my battles without asking. I didn't know if it meant they got all my treasure instead of me. I didn't know why they did it because most said nothing. It usually added extra stress because I'd often be on the last monster in a quest and they'd add 1 to 3 more.

Starting out, you are low on mana and get easily killed off. Most of the players who join without asking cannot heal other players. So this often got my wizard killed off or nearly so. I preferred to build up mana between monsters rather than fight 4 at once. Strangers jumping into my battle without permission changed the way I played, without me giving any permission for it. My only option was "flee," losing my battle completely.

OK anyway. Give the option in the Option tab just like there is an Option to accept friend or other requests. Joining someone's battle should be a request, not just taken.

There could also be a pop up in game which could be abled or disabled from the website or Options panel, whether to allow a pop up which asks: "Others must request before joining battle." I would say YES on that one. But I'd also love the option to choose "friends only" to jump into my battles.

There are times it is OK and times it is not, but mostly, not, especially when a player is new. They don't have the mana to stand there for all those monsters at one go. They also might have to go to real life and now they can't. Other players add time to the battle too and maybe the person has to go do something in real life.

Thanks.
There are dungeons that are solo only; so why not battles too. Giving players the choice to lock in a battle for themselves won't crash the game, force them to find perfect, empty realms, or even have others waiting. Simply have players wanting to join, be placed in a new battle, in the same area, or in another realm. This way its a win-win for everyone. Those that want to fight alone can, while those seeking to join, can do so without interrupting the player in solo battle mode.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
frostednutella on Sep 4, 2016 wrote:
There would still be crowding and people would use it to troll.
How would people use their own preference for their own game that they paid for with their own money, in a way to troll others? They're simply asking not to be forced into battles against their will - something that to me is way more annoying than being asked to be friends or to trade or so on.

Crowding? Not according to those who keep telling me to 'flee to a perfect realm.' There would be no more or less players than there are now. People could still car pool i.e. grind or quest together just like before. They'd just not be able to kidnap other players into doing so. ;)

Fandango739 - thank you for your post - we posted at the same time so I didn't see it when I made my last post. I have encountered those situations too and I agree that changing realms didn't stop it. It's a matter of players who have no concern for the players they do this to. Some also as you described, use it to troll others i.e. disrupt the game play of other players on purpose.

I don't also see how this would hurt any kids, if anything it would teach them courtesy which will serve them well in life. They'd have to not presume it's OK to do this or they might learn to ask what another player prefers. It only takes a moment to ask. Well, if other players were able to choose 'friends only' or 'no' to battle crashing, they wouldn't even have to bother asking ;) They'd just find out. And I'm sure they'd get over it ;) Especially since there would be 8 other circles on the same street that are empty. They just wouldn't plunder the free kill.

Eric thanks for the input. The post and suggestions are interesting. I think though that players should not be forced to stay in 'perfect realms' as they are not lesser for wanting to not be forced into battles they didn't choose. And I think choosing it on the options panel is best. I don't want to have to choose 'no' or 'on' each time, although it's better than no option at all, which is what we have now.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
SparkleTude on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:
How would people use their own preference for their own game that they paid for with their own money, in a way to troll others? They're simply asking not to be forced into battles against their will - something that to me is way more annoying than being asked to be friends or to trade or so on.

Crowding? Not according to those who keep telling me to 'flee to a perfect realm.' There would be no more or less players than there are now. People could still car pool i.e. grind or quest together just like before. They'd just not be able to kidnap other players into doing so. ;)

Fandango739 - thank you for your post - we posted at the same time so I didn't see it when I made my last post. I have encountered those situations too and I agree that changing realms didn't stop it. It's a matter of players who have no concern for the players they do this to. Some also as you described, use it to troll others i.e. disrupt the game play of other players on purpose.

I don't also see how this would hurt any kids, if anything it would teach them courtesy which will serve them well in life. They'd have to not presume it's OK to do this or they might learn to ask what another player prefers. It only takes a moment to ask. Well, if other players were able to choose 'friends only' or 'no' to battle crashing, they wouldn't even have to bother asking ;) They'd just find out. And I'm sure they'd get over it ;) Especially since there would be 8 other circles on the same street that are empty. They just wouldn't plunder the free kill.

Eric thanks for the input. The post and suggestions are interesting. I think though that players should not be forced to stay in 'perfect realms' as they are not lesser for wanting to not be forced into battles they didn't choose. And I think choosing it on the options panel is best. I don't want to have to choose 'no' or 'on' each time, although it's better than no option at all, which is what we have now.
It's not a matter of being lesser it is a matter of practicality. I know you are in the lower world so this issue does not appear but crowding is a serious issue in late game worlds particularly places where a mob has only a few spawn spots. By switching a player who uses the locked circle option to a perfect realm it ensures that players who are more likely to have a full battle circle are able to partake freely. It also stops trolls from deliberately clogging busy realms and slowing down quest times. Yes, I agreed it should be in the options menu and it stays on unless you switch to a crowded realm or turn it off. Perhaps that was not clear in the prior paragraphs.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Eric Stormbringer on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:
It's not a matter of being lesser it is a matter of practicality. I know you are in the lower world so this issue does not appear but crowding is a serious issue in late game worlds particularly places where a mob has only a few spawn spots. By switching a player who uses the locked circle option to a perfect realm it ensures that players who are more likely to have a full battle circle are able to partake freely. It also stops trolls from deliberately clogging busy realms and slowing down quest times. Yes, I agreed it should be in the options menu and it stays on unless you switch to a crowded realm or turn it off. Perhaps that was not clear in the prior paragraphs.
A prior poster swore that 'this is only a problem in the early battles in which it only takes a turn or two to win anyway.' Something to that effect...

OK, think about what you are saying though. Once everyone who doesn't want to be hijacked into battling other people's monsters, or have their kills plundered, is forcibly segregated to the 'perfect realm,' it will be - wait for it - crowded.

So that's how you propose to 'avoid crowding?'

Do people really battle crash a lot in the upper realms or upper levels? If so then that's pretty bad.

I had thought the prior poster, while they were being snarky I think, was not far wrong in that it's mostly a problem in the free roads, not in member areas as much, and not among people who've been in the game longer, as much. I do see some higher levels who troll the newbies, by killing them off, by mobbing their circle when the player is low on mana. But it's mostly players who don't want to level up the legit way, but want to just run around plundering other people's kills, and then leaving the other player to kill the new monsters too, usually.

It is a real problem, at least we agree on that much.

(By the way, wouldn't people ASKING to join other players solve all of the above problems? If only...But guess what, other players being able to stop them from forcing them into battles, would pretty much mean they had to.)

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
SparkleTude on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
A prior poster swore that 'this is only a problem in the early battles in which it only takes a turn or two to win anyway.' Something to that effect...

OK, think about what you are saying though. Once everyone who doesn't want to be hijacked into battling other people's monsters, or have their kills plundered, is forcibly segregated to the 'perfect realm,' it will be - wait for it - crowded.

So that's how you propose to 'avoid crowding?'

Do people really battle crash a lot in the upper realms or upper levels? If so then that's pretty bad.

I had thought the prior poster, while they were being snarky I think, was not far wrong in that it's mostly a problem in the free roads, not in member areas as much, and not among people who've been in the game longer, as much. I do see some higher levels who troll the newbies, by killing them off, by mobbing their circle when the player is low on mana. But it's mostly players who don't want to level up the legit way, but want to just run around plundering other people's kills, and then leaving the other player to kill the new monsters too, usually.

It is a real problem, at least we agree on that much.

(By the way, wouldn't people ASKING to join other players solve all of the above problems? If only...But guess what, other players being able to stop them from forcing them into battles, would pretty much mean they had to.)
I understand your concerns about those using the lock option being crowded out. However the system I propose has built in checks to that. As soon as many people are relocated to a perfect realm it would become more full. As soon as the realm becomes full past a threshold it will no longer be a perfect realm and no new lock players would be able to join said realm(thus it would be self-correcting). Furthermore, the perfect realm they would be located to would be randomized. As there are far more perfect realms than others in the game the crowding issue would be almost non-existent.

In the upper levels joining a battle is not frowned upon nearly as much as the players have the resources to survive and most people are happier to get their defeat and collect quests finished faster.

I agree that asking is the more reasonable thing to do but people are people...

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Sparkletude, I absolutely agree with you. This being an option would be extremely helpful, especially to newer players and the inexperienced. But while I fully support this being implemented, and relate entirely to your troubles, you make it sound a lot worse than it is. The others are quite obviously wrong when they say it isn't a problem, if one person has a problem, then that problem is still as valid as any other, whether you also experience it or not. But I think a rather simple solution to this would be a Tutorial Tip about realms at the start of the game. Still, if this was implemented I'd be just as happy.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
I myself understand the frustration of people joiining without asking, but what mostly upsets me is those who join when you are on your last mob and then promptly flee leaving you with a new mob and maybe out of cards ugh. Sadly we cannot screen all players for manners in any mmo as much as we might wish :). I quite like the thought of having an option to stop others from joining, but I have met many interesting players through them joining in my battles as well as those who simply dont seem to care less. I hope your experiences since your original post have been more happy ones, see you in the spiral :)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SparkleTude on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:

You must still be in Wizard City if you think most areas with certain creatures have 9 circles. Many areas have only 2-3 circles available. This problem really does only exist at the lowest levels in the free areas. Crowding does become an issue in some battle areas already at higher levels where you have to wait for circles to clear out. You claim to be forced into battles you didn't choose with no options, yet you HAVE the option to go to a perfect realm and refuse to use it. If you don't want other players in your game, why are you opposed to going to a perfect realm where you won't have the problems you complain about?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the topic, especially those who remained civil ;)

We have shared a variety of outlooks on this issue and I hope the developers will give it a deep think.

I hope if nothing else the game will consider possibly making this an OPTION for new players for their first 30 plays or their first 60 days whichever seems more feasible and practical.

I think this is a problem which can frustrate many new players, and cause them to leave the game prematurely. To me it's similar to the old problem of "PKs" or "player killers" in past MMPORGs, which iirc was resolved in part by *making it impossible to kill newer players.*

I'm only asking this be considered as *an option* so that newer players, who hardly have any mana, can stop being griefed and purposely killed off by other players.

Seethe: As I've stated, this happens in perfect realms also; and as I've (iirc) stated, if you send everyone to a perfect realm then it won't be perfect any more ;) so that enforced segregation solves nothing. I don't think punishing the people this happens to is the answer.

A simple option which enables a player to have more control over what happens *to* them in the game i.e. not being forced into battle, seems a reasonable action.

Some have stated it's not a problem and no one cares so no one would choose this option; but simultaneously stated that so many people would choose this option that it would cause 'crowding,' but it can't be both at the same time if one thinks about it ;)

I'm with the person who said that if it's a problem for one player - then it is a problem. But clearly, with posts on this topic going back *years* I'm not the messenger here, I'm just a person asking why this still is even going on.

And again, I'm not against teaming up in fact I quite like it - but as with all shared endeavors, it should be *consensual.* :)

Thanks again to all for their thoughts! Yes my gameplay has improved but I'm stubborn Lol. See you all in the spiral :)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Eric: I like your ideas of 'only turn lock circle on/off outside of battle.' This is what I had in mind also: setting the privacy preference in the same way one can block incoming friend or trade requests. And like those settings it should be able to be turned on or off at will.

Although, I might word it something like: Allow player to join battle? Yes/No/Friends Only/ and I think someone else here had a similar one as a fourth that was good also...I need to reread the topic after I've had some caffeine ;)

I also like your idea of not being able to lock inside a dungeon - that's a great point. But in boss or dungeon battles in which people purposely click 'team up' or purposely click the x next to other players, it wouldn't seem to be a battle crashing situation? But still that's a great point to bring up. It would be superfluous in those situations but then to me, those are consensual team-ups.

BTW my wizards have had very bad luck so far in dungeons...the trick so far is the opposite...finding a team who will actually work the dungeon *together* vs. racing ahead and or fleeing and getting my wizard killed. Lol I have decided to leave some things til my wiz is so strong they can solo it, not out of choice in those situations, but out of necessity.

As someone said "people are people" but it seems that one cannot predict who will be great (I've met and teamed up with some great people too, so far) and who will be inconsiderate.

Oh! Back to Eric's post with the list of suggestions - I also really liked the one about 'friends and group members can always join.' That too was part of my original idea or post iirc...agree wholeheartedly :)

The battle crashing has me less tense now that I have more mana and my wiz doesn't die as easily but you know what? I am also noticing that now, the battle crashing happens a lot less...making me wonder if people do this on purpose with "newbies?" In some cases.