Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New type of mastery amulets

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Mastery Amulets gave us the ability to use other schools’ spells with power pips, one school at a time. This suggestion however, is for a different kind of mastery amulet. It's to be able to fully use a single ability, regardless of school, utilizing a lower cost for the spells. Here’s two examples:

Energy Mastery Amulet
1) +20 energy
2) 25% more XP when doing energy based activities
3) All energy based spells cost 25% LESS, but will never erase the cost
4) NO socket allowed, just like the first generation mastery amulets for other schools

Healing Mastery Amulet
1) +20% outgoing healing
2) Utilizes power pips when casting ANY type of healing spell
3) Socketing allowed for heal boosting only

How obtained: Crown Shop and a rare boss drop like the other mastery amulets
Trade: Yes
Auction: No

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
dayerider on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
Mastery Amulets gave us the ability to use other schools’ spells with power pips, one school at a time. This suggestion however, is for a different kind of mastery amulet. It's to be able to fully use a single ability, regardless of school, utilizing a lower cost for the spells. Here’s two examples:

Energy Mastery Amulet
1) +20 energy
2) 25% more XP when doing energy based activities
3) All energy based spells cost 25% LESS, but will never erase the cost
4) NO socket allowed, just like the first generation mastery amulets for other schools

Healing Mastery Amulet
1) +20% outgoing healing
2) Utilizes power pips when casting ANY type of healing spell
3) Socketing allowed for heal boosting only

How obtained: Crown Shop and a rare boss drop like the other mastery amulets
Trade: Yes
Auction: No
How about we keep closer to the theme of Mastery Amulets, which is to say, using one stat for another thing. I think you could rework the ideas you gave like so:

Energy Mastery Amulet:

Allows Mana/10 with Energy spells.

So if you had 500 Mana and 50 Energy, if you used all of your energy, you'd start cutting into your Mana. So using 3 Fly Swatters would leave you with 250 Mana and 0 Energy.

Incoming Healing Mastery Amulet:

Allows Power Pips with ANY spell and allows Universal Damage for Inc. Healing Boost.

Outgoing Healing Mastery Amulet:

Allows Power Pips with ANY spell and allows Universal Resist for Out. Healing Boost.

I think your idea is great, but it could be divided to benefit the glass cannon and the full support. Wearing the first, a Diviner with no current stats, but 10% Damage and 2 Power Pips could cast Satyr on themself to heal 946 . With the second, a Conjurer with no current stats, but 10% Resist and 2 Power Pips could do the same to any ally. With the first, the more damage you have; the more you get healed. With the second, the more resist you have, the more you can heal.

I think with the addition of Shift Spells, we could also do with a

Moon Mastery Amulet:

Allows Power Pips with spells.

I hope my suggestions were helpful.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 23, 2016 wrote:
How about we keep closer to the theme of Mastery Amulets, which is to say, using one stat for another thing. I think you could rework the ideas you gave like so:

Energy Mastery Amulet:

Allows Mana/10 with Energy spells.

So if you had 500 Mana and 50 Energy, if you used all of your energy, you'd start cutting into your Mana. So using 3 Fly Swatters would leave you with 250 Mana and 0 Energy.

Incoming Healing Mastery Amulet:

Allows Power Pips with ANY spell and allows Universal Damage for Inc. Healing Boost.

Outgoing Healing Mastery Amulet:

Allows Power Pips with ANY spell and allows Universal Resist for Out. Healing Boost.

I think your idea is great, but it could be divided to benefit the glass cannon and the full support. Wearing the first, a Diviner with no current stats, but 10% Damage and 2 Power Pips could cast Satyr on themself to heal 946 . With the second, a Conjurer with no current stats, but 10% Resist and 2 Power Pips could do the same to any ally. With the first, the more damage you have; the more you get healed. With the second, the more resist you have, the more you can heal.

I think with the addition of Shift Spells, we could also do with a

Moon Mastery Amulet:

Allows Power Pips with spells.

I hope my suggestions were helpful.
I LIKE your idea for the mana --> energy tradeoff, however, I dont see it happening because mana can easily be replaced and thus give an endless energy supply. It was a GREAT way to look at it though :) The reason why I went with the healing mastery being outbound only bonus, was because that helps everybody, while incoming healing only helps the caster. Being able to affect a team also affects a solo player. When I designed my life wizard for healing gear, I ignored inbound healing and critical and went mostly for outbound since that helps everybody. My inbound is 60%, which is no slouch, but my outbound is 136%. Using those stats, and ignoring the fact that she is already a life wizard, upping the inbound healing makes no sense for somebody to be the healer role, because it's a greedy increase. That make sense? I love that you're trying to flesh out my idea, and help make it better, and I appreciate that. :)

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Lesser (School) Mastery Amulet
Level: Level 40+
-100 Mana
-200 Health
-5 Energy
Allows wizard to use power pips with (School) spells
This could be a drop from some wooden or stone skeleton key bosses or maybe Malistare, Mithraya, Astraeus, Ptolemos, or Jade Oni.

Also the reason for the drops in stats is because it should come with a price if the level cap is lowered (from Exalted Mastery Amulets) and you don't pay crowns for it.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
dayerider on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
I LIKE your idea for the mana --> energy tradeoff, however, I dont see it happening because mana can easily be replaced and thus give an endless energy supply. It was a GREAT way to look at it though :) The reason why I went with the healing mastery being outbound only bonus, was because that helps everybody, while incoming healing only helps the caster. Being able to affect a team also affects a solo player. When I designed my life wizard for healing gear, I ignored inbound healing and critical and went mostly for outbound since that helps everybody. My inbound is 60%, which is no slouch, but my outbound is 136%. Using those stats, and ignoring the fact that she is already a life wizard, upping the inbound healing makes no sense for somebody to be the healer role, because it's a greedy increase. That make sense? I love that you're trying to flesh out my idea, and help make it better, and I appreciate that. :)
Thanks for the feedback, and I see what you mean by the outgoing amulets being good for healers, but I decided to split them for every player. Those passionate supporters (Ice, Life, Balance) can wear the outgoing amulet and learn up to Satyr to help their team, but at the same time the high level heavy-hitters (Storm, Fire) can wear the incoming one so their team can keep them alive easier while they take out the enemies. I didn't split the idea to be worn by only healers & support, but by everyone. Between level 50-60 my use of my Mastery Amulet started to wane, and by level 65 I gave it to my level 25. But healing becomes important to every player in later game, while other schools fade from fame. Every player with a Mastery Amulet over level 100 would be wearing one of the two amulets I suggested but with yours it would only really benefit the healers. I hope this made sense, and I'm glad you made this post, I had no idea I had ideas about this before.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 26, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, and I see what you mean by the outgoing amulets being good for healers, but I decided to split them for every player. Those passionate supporters (Ice, Life, Balance) can wear the outgoing amulet and learn up to Satyr to help their team, but at the same time the high level heavy-hitters (Storm, Fire) can wear the incoming one so their team can keep them alive easier while they take out the enemies. I didn't split the idea to be worn by only healers & support, but by everyone. Between level 50-60 my use of my Mastery Amulet started to wane, and by level 65 I gave it to my level 25. But healing becomes important to every player in later game, while other schools fade from fame. Every player with a Mastery Amulet over level 100 would be wearing one of the two amulets I suggested but with yours it would only really benefit the healers. I hope this made sense, and I'm glad you made this post, I had no idea I had ideas about this before.
makes perfect sense :) I never thought about the incoming benefiting the hammers, because I just dont think that way (as you can tell by my reply). Thanks for widening my viewpoint on this.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
The Energy amulet seems interesting, as would one that provided Fishing Luck.

The "Outgoing" amulet puzzles me, as I see no need for yet another avenue to boost healing. We've got more than enough gear doing that already. I would absolutely not waste vital stats (block?), completely destroying my survivability, in order to turn my 160 into 180. The ROI isn't worth it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
PaigeGoldenspear on Aug 27, 2016 wrote:
The Energy amulet seems interesting, as would one that provided Fishing Luck.

The "Outgoing" amulet puzzles me, as I see no need for yet another avenue to boost healing. We've got more than enough gear doing that already. I would absolutely not waste vital stats (block?), completely destroying my survivability, in order to turn my 160 into 180. The ROI isn't worth it.
Fishing amulet idea, totally agreed with.

As for the outgoing health, my thought was that people who would use the amulet wouldnt always be using a healing build, and are there for a multiple purpose. Not everybody needs 4 people to solely perform one act in a fight. You already know I dont PvP, so I cant talk about that, but not everybody pays the game the same way, and having a single wizard serve multiple purposes is a common thing. Perfect example, I ran Helephant Tower with my fire as the healer. His outbound was ok (nothing compared to my life of course), and had a life mastery amulet. In his case, a healing mastery amulet would have made more sense so he could have used balance heals for powerpips and quench in the first fight.