Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

drop rate for new spells TC's needs improving!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
My Life wiz is a promethean (I think that's the highest level!) crafter. Her second school is fire so I decided to craft the Hephaetus spell for her. Collecting or transmuting the required ingredients but getting 8 Hephaestus tc's from Loremaster is virtually impossible.
My Life wiz got the Calypso spell but no Tc's, my fire Wiz who is after the spell has gotten one TC but the way the game is set up I can't give it to my wizard ( I dont have the ability to play two characters at once!)
Can KI please do either of these:
A: Increase the drop rate from Loremaster
B: Make the TC available as a drop from other high level bosses or even a possible gardening harvest.
Are any other wizards trying to craft a new spell and feeling the frustration?
Rowan Lvl 102

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I haven't even bought the recipes yet because when I saw the TC requirement, and realized how brutal it was going to be to get them, I decided it's not worth it. I'll wait until something changes to make it a little more realistic for a player like me who has a job and a family, and can't play 20 hours/day, 7 days/week to farm treasure cards.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
High Five Ghost on Aug 20, 2016 wrote:
I haven't even bought the recipes yet because when I saw the TC requirement, and realized how brutal it was going to be to get them, I decided it's not worth it. I'll wait until something changes to make it a little more realistic for a player like me who has a job and a family, and can't play 20 hours/day, 7 days/week to farm treasure cards.
Boom.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
First I tried to get it straight from the pack and only got one queen calypso and a bunch of junk tcs for my crowns
I tried loremaster and after 50 fights, not even one tc that i needed (I didn't have high hopes on that option to begin with)
The only reason I have 4 Hephaestus cards right now is because I sat in the bazaar hunting for them for several hours.

I would sooner craft the require tcs through some ridiculous recipe than sit around hoping loremaster and her seemingly 1% rare card drop rate gives me the ingredients I need.