Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

global spells effects

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2016
So most people who are on this message board should know what Global Spells do. If you don't then I will tell you, they just increase the damage done by a certain school of magic. And that is the problem. They just increase damage done, they don't reduce damage from the opposite school of magic. Take the fire global spell, you will think that while it increase fire spells, it would decrease ice spells but nope it doesn't. What I am asking is to add in another effect to the Global Spells which is to reduce the damage given from the opposite school of magic when a Global Spell is in effect.

Robert ShadowBlade
Death Wizard

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I don't like this idea and don't think it's really necessary. Perhaps in a future Bubble implementation, but I think that the current bubbles are fine as is. Also there are the second generation of Bubbles that alter Critical and Pierce ratings instead of damage. That's just my thoughts though.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2010
If the creators of Wizard101, Kingsisle, make it lower the attack damage of the school that would boost the school which gets a damage boost, then global spells would be "over powered." Damage global spells are only 2 pips, so making them add damage and subtract another damage would be a bad choice, not to mention an unfair advantage over any school getting their damage depleted, (not to mention for 2 pips)

Defender
May 16, 2009
This is all fine and dandy, but what about Life's Sanctuary and Death's Doom and Gloom? They have opposite effects. Sanctuary increases healing while Doom and Gloom decreases it; two bubbles that have opposing effects. Also, Power Play only increases power pip chance for everyone. What do you propose as a secondary effect for these bubbles, which provide no damage for their respective school?